Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Latency Spikers since lunch time UK

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Latency Spikers since lunch time UK

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mentalmackem
11.07.2012 , 12:31 PM | #1
Hi
Im playing on the Tomb of Freedom Nadd server and ever since i came online today about 1pm uk time ive been having random latency spikes im running round with 30ms as normal then bang my ms is 250-300 for about a minute then it drops down again,

Ive done a trace to a ip i found on the forums for the ToFN server and for some reason im being routed via new york :s never had this happen before and its making my game difficult to play, ive played on american servers on other games in the past and my ping is constantly high like 190-200 on them buts its never spiked like it is now im being routed through america.

mentalmackem
11.07.2012 , 02:19 PM | #2
ok this is really weird, when i logged on my Republic toons they had no latency(ms) issues at all, i log back to my imperial toons (ms) is 300 again, jumped back on my republic toon (ms) back down to 33 :s

Help bioware please

Tirvaak
11.07.2012 , 02:26 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi mentalmackem,

Could you go into your SWTOR installation folder and find a folder called "swtor". In it, you will see a file called "DiskCacheArena". Can you delete this and let me know if there is any improvement in performance?

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

mentalmackem
11.07.2012 , 02:38 PM | #4
No that hasnt fixed it, its made my load times alot quicker so i thank you for that , but my latency is still horrid on imperial side of tomb of freedom nadd

Lyshar
11.07.2012 , 02:42 PM | #5
Sounds like what happened to me and a lot of other people.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=550403

That chat thing solved itself after some time, learned this was only on Empire side by the looks of it.
But it's also still going on, even the chat thing, just not as bad as that time, but there are still these chatlags.
I'll try deleting that file, but I doubt it'll help because this is not something isolated.

Every patch just seems to make things worse. Server stability is horrible across the board.

NasDragon
11.07.2012 , 02:46 PM | #6
Actually this is an on going issue for the last couple of weeks and is getting ridiculous. I am sick and tired of having to try to beat the bugs/lag spikes rather than the game. Bioware, get your act together and get this fixed. How will you expect F2P players to continue to play or for that matter sign up for a subscription?
Enough is enough already....

Super Pissed Client

mentalmackem
11.07.2012 , 02:56 PM | #7
this one is testing me to be honest, ive been here through launch bugs, login queues, flashpoint bugs, warzone bugs, loading bugs, the lag fest that was ilum etc but this one is now hampering all aspects of my game play instead of just 1 or 2 so yes its annoying hope they have a fix

mentalmackem
11.08.2012 , 11:00 AM | #8
Hi Tirvaak,
Im still getting high latency ingame, ive now ruled out a problem with my equipment through various tests, when i used www.pingtest.com i got the following results : http://www.pingtest.net/result/71952668.png so any idea why my ingame connection is so bad? i really need help

thanks in advance

Mentalmackem

Tirvaak
11.08.2012 , 11:22 AM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi mentalmackem,

Thanks for the pingtest but infortunately that does not help diagnose the problem you are having. Ping tests are great to determine any immediate issues with a connection but in this case you would have to run a pathping and a tracert to see where the problem is lying.

This post will show you how to do both of these. Please post them in this thread and I will have a look see if anything in specific jumps out.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

mentalmackem
11.08.2012 , 12:55 PM | #10
Tracert

Please note when veiwing the tracert that hop 2 always times out for me because my router doesnt return pings, it has always done this and not caused a issue in the past.
Spoiler

Spoiler

there you go, as i said hop 2 always times out due to the router not returning the ping.

Hopefully this helps