Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most fitting race for Sith Inquisitor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Most fitting race for Sith Inquisitor?

seekerofpower
11.06.2012 , 09:59 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Emperor-Norton View Post
Aren't Twi'leks only able to have Children with other Twi'leks?

Also, here is something to consider about a Pureblood Inquisitor: they were a late addition to the game. Originally (aka a few months before launch), if you wanted to be a Pureblood you had to be a Sith Warrior. It was because all Purebloods are Force-Sensitive (those that aren't get killed as infants), and they are part of the Aristocracy. So the "Slave Discovered to be Force-Sensitive Narrative" Inquisitor backstory didn't fit with Pureblood's. It was only after a large fan outcry (on the Pre-Release SWTOR.com there were polls with thousands upon thousands of votes with around 75% of people in favor or Pureblood Inquisitors). And more importantly, a good number of Bioware Devs were in favor of allowing Pureblood Inquisitors. As a result, they were added a few months before release.
The problem with this, Read the Revan novel. There are Sith Pureblood that are treated as slaves. If a sith is disgraced, even a pureblood, their entire family is enslaved.
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."

eldefail
11.07.2012 , 03:01 AM | #62
Twi'leks are the quintessential slave race in the galaxy. Forget Kallig. Supposedly Kallig is whatever race the player character is. Supposedly he can't be twi'lek because he doesn't have lekku. Nevermind that he wears a full helmet that would disable lekku anyway (gg bioware). Did they ever actually fix that? Do lekku just clip through all helmets now?

Either way you can use your imagination. If th twi'lek helmet bug/design is still in place Kallig's helmet would disable his lekku were he twi'lek. It doesn't matter, since he has a helmet anyway for compatibility with all player races and some derp just forgot about the twileks.

Nydus
11.07.2012 , 10:48 AM | #63
Sith pureblood doesn't make sense given the slave story; they are worshiped in Sith Society.

Developers added this option at the last minute because it was such a popular choice, but they were concerned it didn't fit with the story.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

seekerofpower
11.07.2012 , 01:17 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Nydus View Post
Sith pureblood doesn't make sense given the slave story; they are worshiped in Sith Society.

Developers added this option at the last minute because it was such a popular choice, but they were concerned it didn't fit with the story.

- Arcada
They are not worshipped. They are basically the upper class. If a Sith is disgraced, which does happen, his or her entire family is enslaved.
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."

Nydus
11.07.2012 , 02:18 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by seekerofpower View Post
They are not worshipped. They are basically the upper class. If a Sith is disgraced, which does happen, his or her entire family is enslaved.
The reality is that the developers themselves were not going to include sith pure bloods as an (initially) playable option within the Sith Inquisitor class because it did not easily fit within the story line. They raised the concerns, not me. It is in one of the development videos.

I'm personally glad they did so people like you could come up with an interesting back story to make it work.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

seekerofpower
11.08.2012 , 07:57 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Nydus View Post
The reality is that the developers themselves were not going to include sith pure bloods as an (initially) playable option within the Sith Inquisitor class because it did not easily fit within the story line. They raised the concerns, not me. It is in one of the development videos.

I'm personally glad they did so people like you could come up with an interesting back story to make it work.

- Arcada
Sadly, I didn't make up this back story. It is canon. It is in the Revan novel.

Ashu-ri
11.09.2012 , 06:36 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
Pureblood doesn't make sense in the Inquisitor storyline because:

a) The unknown "Force-sensitive slave" background
b) Ffon is given special treatment by Overseer Harkun because he is a Pureblood, so it wouldn't make sense if you were one too and given poor treatment
No, you were given poor treatment because you were a slave, even if you are pureblood. And there are certainly ways of slavery being thrust upon your family, should you be pureblood. The Lost Tribe of Sith books explain that a bit.

Yeshua
01.04.2013 , 11:36 PM | #68
Not to dismiss all the Twi'lek arguments, but Wookiepedia mentions that the Clone Wars TV show (which is cannon) had humans breeding with Twi'lek. So it's feasible.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Twi'lek

Path-x
01.05.2013 , 06:08 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Yeshua View Post
Not to dismiss all the Twi'lek arguments, but Wookiepedia mentions that the Clone Wars TV show (which is cannon) had humans breeding with Twi'lek. So it's feasible.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Twi'lek
Well you didn't read the Wookieepedia article carefully. The Clone Wars does not state that, it is some pointless "Encyclopaedia". I am not going to do another explanation so I will just give you links to two previous posts from this thread:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...2&postcount=24
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...6&postcount=29
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

SithKoriandr
01.06.2013 , 07:04 PM | #70
Going strictly by the storyline/canon...any race except Pureblood, Twilek, and Chiss (maybe not the Rakkatti..by the sounds of it, but I didn't realize they were a newly discovered race).

I mean sure, we can work around anything, but that's basically what it is, a work around, and I don't recall seeing any Sith being really downgraded in TOR, but I'm gladed to be pointed in the direction of the story, I may have missed it on my SI and BH.