Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rage Quiting Random HMFP over Nothing

haliy
11.07.2012 , 12:26 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Meepbot View Post
The healers in my guild have a saying. We can heal you with 1% health. We can heal you through the flames of hell if necessary, but we cant heal stupid
I found this and just couldn't pass it up.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

Radzkie
11.07.2012 , 12:30 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by haliy View Post
This is so true it's almost sad.

Meepbot
11.07.2012 , 12:37 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by haliy View Post
that gave me a good laugh
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG

AMulls
11.07.2012 , 01:44 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
I went on a run like this the other night...Tank would pull as fast as possible and pull two groups at a time. I was healing and using TOR Assistant at the time. Was pulling 2200 HPS and was still doing some dps too with Flyby. More than once me or the tank dropped to the 20% hp mark. Never thought we were in any real danger and had dps been killing the weak we never would have dropped so low on health, but the tank was just making the instance harder than it is. However, I couldn't quit since the tanks is a officer in my guild and the person that talked me into playing a MMO in the first place. Plus I knew he was just doing it just to annoy me.
This cracks me up and hits home. We have an awesome tank in our guild, who happens to be the brother of one of our awesome healers. I will often group with them and one other dps in our guild to run our HM FPs. It's pure entertainment to watch him try to aggro as many groups as we can at one time for the challenge and purely to annoy his sister. Keep in mind that both he and his sister are in their 30s, so I love that they still do things like that to each other. Plus, it makes it fun for the other folks too.

Generally, we just turn it into a great big joke and have wiped on occasion as a result. One particular instance that comes to mind is doing the Mon Cal boss in BT (sure we could have skipped him, but so what). He pulls the droids in the room and the three mobs. Then casually makes his way over to the boss and the two healers. All the while, holding aggro on almost all the mobs, while the other dps and I are taking out as many as we can. He pulls the boss and two healers, and starts running him all around, then goes over to the door and pulls the other three mobs, goes through the door and pulls the next room. We actually did pretty well, until he finally overwhelmed himself and the boss enraged. He died, but we were able to take out almost everyone else before the wipe. The whole time we were laughing and good naturedly yelling at him to stop pulling. And his sister was healing her ***** off and getting super frustrated with him. Pure entertainment!

Khevar
11.07.2012 , 05:18 PM | #35
^^^

This made me laugh. Our group has twin brothers, one is a tank the other is a healer. The shenanigans they get into make for the most entertaining rollercoaster rides ever.

I would have long since been bored with TOR were it not for these two.

NoFishing
11.08.2012 , 12:25 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by toyfanatic View Post
My favorite manuver is to force pull the mob back to me that the sentinal just lept to good times.
Lol, I'd bet everybody that can loves doing that. Our tanks purposefully wait to use their pull until the sentinel[s] have lept in. In some pulls and compositions, the tanks spread out and play "keep away".

mikebevo
11.08.2012 , 12:39 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
Lol, I'd bet everybody that can loves doing that. Our tanks purposefully wait to use their pull until the sentinel[s] have lept in. In some pulls and compositions, the tanks spread out and play "keep away".
Not a sentinel, but a shadow. In EC I will see the bomber first and hit force speed...just about in range to hit force breach....tank pulls... It is funny in HMFP or doing dailies, I don't laugh in EC. So I have to run back and I use Project along the way and my rotation is ruined. If I don't run, the tank doesn't pull...will never figure it out.