Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rage Quiting Random HMFP over Nothing

toyfanatic
11.06.2012 , 07:15 PM | #21
My personal favorite, is every one else is the expert in YOUR role- but you. I am always the tank, its all i do. I have learned to chastise the dps that pulls before the tank. My favorite manuver is to force pull the mob back to me that the sentinal just lept to good times. I have learned to take the complaints people have had how I pulled a mob. On the otherside I try to explan the tactic I am about emplay in the next pull. I think people need to be realize it is not the healers faut if no one picked the adds of him and he perishes. The healer can only heal on person at at time, so I preffer to keep my healers safe. That way the healer is free to heal the tank or the party. The parties survival is a group effort, it requires a small amount of co-ordination to become victorious.
With that said. I as well as everyone else does HM's for black hole coms. That is the sole reason most people run fp's. Untill F2P hits - there new subscriber base is almost non-exsitant, so the people who play are probly on a alt. I do see a surge of guildless people on, maybee thats the problem. They got g-kicked for lack of manners, seen that several times. My final thought is that maybee you need to run with only guildies- that way the quality of players are there to help instead of hinder.

haliy
11.07.2012 , 06:20 AM | #22
I personally appreciate those tanks who rage quit because when I fill their spot, it just takes that much less time to complete. I ended up joining a HM Lost Island group at Sav-Rak (yes, he rage quit after LR-5) because someone in the group ended up flying off the edge from a lag spike...
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

bravotwentysev
11.07.2012 , 08:17 AM | #23
When I play my healer and I que up for LI I dread on what type of tank i get. If I get the undergeard tank I know its going to be a costly run, If I get a tank that never ran it before I know its going to be worse.

Last night I got sucked into a LI where the healer left. Tank was new to the zone. I asked to keep sav in the middle for AOE heal and such. The tank kept pulling him to the edge. First jump wheeeeeee 2 people in lava.

After 2 chances he left and we get another tank that never ran the zone. We explain and what happens? Again the tank pulls him to the edge and rinse repeat.

I'll admit this is when I did a rage quit.
Jundra Nemaim Pestilence
2 account Subscriber To bad so sad F2P whinners

Radzkie
11.07.2012 , 08:53 AM | #24
As a healer, I only got a complaint in a FP once, way back when I just turned 50.

However, I have, admittedly, rage quit a few times. And it's only been after dealing with horrible PUG groups a few times in a row. One can only handle so much.

One of my pet peeves is when undergeared, or lowly geared, sents think they're the boss and start tanking. For whatever reason some people think that their columi and rakata mix makes them awesome.

I can heal them through it. That's not the niche of the problem. It's that once I start healing that sent who's decided to take on the tanks role, all the aggro goes to me, and the sent can't do anything about it. So not only do I have a poor dps dying fast, but now I'm dying while the tank is forced to run around like a chicken with his head cut off to get the aggro. It's irritating.

Ms_Sunlight
11.07.2012 , 09:05 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Beltane View Post
I have been there, so many times lol.

Most recently, the group kept wiping because the DPS was dying faster than I could heal them. Since I'm in BH gear and have done all the HMs to death, that points to a problem with them, not my heals. They were not moving out of the giant circles on the ground and kept piling up on the boss instead of taking care of the adds. But of course, they started trying to "help" me heal them by giving advice. "Stop putting down your heal circle, it wastes mana." "Did you try keeping HOTs on us?" "Try shielding us" -- all of which I was already doing. Except for the heal circle part. Telling a corruption sorcerer not to use their heal circle is like telling them not to heal at all, lol.

All my attempts to tell them what to do were of course ignored so I finally said I needed to go, quit, and requeued. :P
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry that bit about not putting down the purple ring made me laugh out loud at my desk. Don't use your single most effective ability, which is incredibly force-efficient considering the healing it does on a melee group?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

I did a LI HM once with my scoundrel healer. I had 3 people from some other guild and me. We wiped a couple of times at Dr. Lorrick, and I was repeatedly accused of not putting out enough heals. Hello! Almost all of the damage in the survival phase can be avoided. The damage is manageable in the burn phase if you take him down fast enough to avoid too many stacks of debuff. If I can't keep up with the damage you're taking when I'm geared in Rakata and I'm pure healer spec and I got us past LR-5 and Sav-Rak, it's not me!
Carilie - Scoundrel // Dastelen - Shadow // Dras'yra - Sniper // Elonie - Sorcerer // Undali - Powertech
Server: The Red Eclipse // Guild: The Onyx Guard / The Orbital Guard

bravotwentysev
11.07.2012 , 09:24 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ms_Sunlight View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry that bit about not putting down the purple ring made me laugh out loud at my desk. Don't use your single most effective ability, which is incredibly force-efficient considering the healing it does on a melee group?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

I did a LI HM once with my scoundrel healer. I had 3 people from some other guild and me. We wiped a couple of times at Dr. Lorrick, and I was repeatedly accused of not putting out enough heals. Hello! Almost all of the damage in the survival phase can be avoided. The damage is manageable in the burn phase if you take him down fast enough to avoid too many stacks of debuff. If I can't keep up with the damage you're taking when I'm geared in Rakata and I'm pure healer spec and I got us past LR-5 and Sav-Rak, it's not me!
QFT!!!!

I cant say how many time I keep telling people AVOID THE GREEN BLOBS!. What do they do they either run to the healer or they dont move. I even had a group surround me in green blobs as they to a part of the room I couldnt heal them. They started to kite the guy and I was like *** are you guys doing.

Its the same for the dam robot. You get the blue symbol under you run from the group. What do most do again? Run to the healers as now I am trapped gettting pounded by the electric field and than dead. Who do they want to balme??? Me the healer.
Jundra Nemaim Pestilence
2 account Subscriber To bad so sad F2P whinners

jjones_
11.07.2012 , 09:42 AM | #27
I have a lot of alts and have run all the FP's to death; adore my healers, love my dps'ers and tolerate my tank (she only goes out with guildies as I do not have the patience for over-eager dps in pug groups when tanking). I'm pretty patient in FP's, I don't mind watchers (unless its Black Talon, seriously people run the L10 version solo if you want to watch), I'm happy to help guide new-to-the-FP players through and I don't normally rage quit over minor (or major) mistakes.

For the first time in nine months of running FP's I got kicked from a group for suggesting the tank and other dps stop being idiots. Same situation as a few of you mentioned above. Into Boarding Party and the tank totally failed at keeping aggro on the first pack, healer took a lot of hits while the other dps hit the same target as the tank rather than clearing the little adds. I was trying my best to rescue the healer and we survived but the last enemy died with pretty much the whole party at half health and the sorc healer totally without force.

Common sense would suggest we all rest up at this point but nope tank immediately leaps to the next pack (if you are not familiar with this FP its 2 elite droids and I think 5-6 other adds). Yet again tank and other dps leap at 1 droid leaving me struggling to cc then kill everything else before the healer gets squished ... I failed. We clear the rest of the pack and I rez the healer. The tank is at 30% health, other dps is about 50% health, healer has just been rezed so is basically health and forceless so time to rest maybe? Nope. Time for Tanky to charge to the next group.

We somehow struggle our way through a few more smaller packs with literally no time at all between them for any of us to rest up (not that the tank or other dps felt the need to anyway). The healer is killing himself trying to keep up with the damage, I'm overheating trying to drop heals on the healer between attacks and the tank is running full speed ahead toward the first boss. At this point if I'd been the healer I'd might have let him pull and die but the poor guy was trying his hardest to heal up the tank before the evitable pull.

When I shouted "stop" in chat thankfully the tank did actually stop moving. I pointed out there was a difference between a speed run and stupidity and that perhaps letting the recently dead healer seethe for a second might be an idea before pulling the boss at which point the other dps initiated a kick on me.

I like a speed run as much as the next person but that was 3 minutes of hell that could have been avoided if we took a massive 10 seconds to rest after the healers death.
Server - The Red Eclipse
L55 Sorcerer / Assassin / Juggernaut / Marauder / Operative / Sniper / Mercenary / Powertech - Guardian / Sage / Scoundrel

uniz
11.07.2012 , 11:13 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by jjones_ View Post
I have a lot of alts and have run all the FP's to death; adore my healers, love my dps'ers and tolerate my tank (she only goes out with guildies as I do not have the patience for over-eager dps in pug groups when tanking). I'm pretty patient in FP's, I don't mind watchers (unless its Black Talon, seriously people run the L10 version solo if you want to watch), I'm happy to help guide new-to-the-FP players through and I don't normally rage quit over minor (or major) mistakes.

For the first time in nine months of running FP's I got kicked from a group for suggesting the tank and other dps stop being idiots. Same situation as a few of you mentioned above. Into Boarding Party and the tank totally failed at keeping aggro on the first pack, healer took a lot of hits while the other dps hit the same target as the tank rather than clearing the little adds. I was trying my best to rescue the healer and we survived but the last enemy died with pretty much the whole party at half health and the sorc healer totally without force.

Common sense would suggest we all rest up at this point but nope tank immediately leaps to the next pack (if you are not familiar with this FP its 2 elite droids and I think 5-6 other adds). Yet again tank and other dps leap at 1 droid leaving me struggling to cc then kill everything else before the healer gets squished ... I failed. We clear the rest of the pack and I rez the healer. The tank is at 30% health, other dps is about 50% health, healer has just been rezed so is basically health and forceless so time to rest maybe? Nope. Time for Tanky to charge to the next group.

We somehow struggle our way through a few more smaller packs with literally no time at all between them for any of us to rest up (not that the tank or other dps felt the need to anyway). The healer is killing himself trying to keep up with the damage, I'm overheating trying to drop heals on the healer between attacks and the tank is running full speed ahead toward the first boss. At this point if I'd been the healer I'd might have let him pull and die but the poor guy was trying his hardest to heal up the tank before the evitable pull.

When I shouted "stop" in chat thankfully the tank did actually stop moving. I pointed out there was a difference between a speed run and stupidity and that perhaps letting the recently dead healer seethe for a second might be an idea before pulling the boss at which point the other dps initiated a kick on me.

I like a speed run as much as the next person but that was 3 minutes of hell that could have been avoided if we took a massive 10 seconds to rest after the healers death.
had that happen so many times on my healer that i refuse to pug with him. he only does guild runs now and already is bh geared out with updated mods for the crap endurance heavy ones for some time. i can keep a concrete canoe afloat but i struggle when on the run with it leaping out of my range.

the hms have become a nightmare for a pug as it is a race doing down right stupid things to shave 15 secs which if not properly executed will take 2-4 mins longer and cost some credits. speed runs are ok but there are speed runs and then there are races of stupidity.

mikebevo
11.07.2012 , 11:15 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by jjones_ View Post
I went on a run like this the other night...Tank would pull as fast as possible and pull two groups at a time. I was healing and using TOR Assistant at the time. Was pulling 2200 HPS and was still doing some dps too with Flyby. More than once me or the tank dropped to the 20% hp mark. Never thought we were in any real danger and had dps been killing the weak we never would have dropped so low on health, but the tank was just making the instance harder than it is. However, I couldn't quit since the tanks is a officer in my guild and the person that talked me into playing a MMO in the first place. Plus I knew he was just doing it just to annoy me.

Kicking is just as bad as quitting. I have never been vote kicked, but I had a tank try to in D7 once because I told him to stop so we could explain the final boss to the two dps that was obvious had never been there. After his kick failed, he quit, I explained the fight and me and these 2 fresh 50's finished D7 with my dps companion without a wipe and without a tank.

Meepbot
11.07.2012 , 11:58 AM | #30
The healers in my guild have a saying. We can heal you with 1% health. We can heal you through the flames of hell if necessary, but we cant heal stupid
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG