Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Palar
11.06.2012 , 05:16 PM | #3001
"State of the Game" completely blew us off... anyone surprised?

Crawelc
11.06.2012 , 05:47 PM | #3002
It only listed 3 topics, could you honestly expect something this low of priority to be mentioned?
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

Palar
11.06.2012 , 07:36 PM | #3003
Do I expect something put on hiatus before launch, which has gone a year without comment, to be mentioned?

Yes, especially since the 'unresolved questions' they tackled were "some people left the team", "it's not our fault we didnt listen to the Test Server reports, bugs just happen" and "just a reminder, AP players... wait and see what happens." When I think 'unresolved questions', I expect something more than repeating answers they've already given.

Uluain
11.06.2012 , 07:57 PM | #3004
He's starting with three but will tackle more. I draw some hope from "I won’t get to everything all at once, but I’ll try to hit some of the big ones," and "I will try to answer the biggest, unresolved questions in these “State-of-the-Game” posts," although "talk about these topics as openly as I can." is in this case horribly ill-omened as far as actually hearing anything about SGRs goes.

But it might just be that the actual Executive Producer is getting involved on this level particularly because he can answer issues that the Dev Team and Community Team have escalated but are not permitted to discuss.

I have of course added my own reply asking about SGRs. We'll see,

natashina
11.06.2012 , 10:32 PM | #3005
<delurks>

Under advisement of da Doupster, I've taken a break from the forums. Not due to my last post, but because I was feeling too riled up and having the same circular argument with too many folks. One part of the recent conversation caught my attention, about the "rights of gamers."

I wanted to leave this here. The following quote is by David Gaider, one of the former lead writers of Bioware, and he worked on the Dragon Age series. He also wrote HK-47, Jolee Bindo and Carth Onasi for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

Quote: Originally Posted by David Gaider
The romances in the game are not for "the straight male gamer". They're for everyone. We have a lot of fans, many of whom are neither straight nor male, and they deserve no less attention. We have good numbers, after all, on the number of people who actually used similar sorts of content in DAO and thus don't need to resort to anecdotal evidence to support our idea that their numbers are not insignificant... and that's ignoring the idea that they don't have just as much right to play the kind of game they wish as anyone else.

The "rights" of anyone with regards to a game are murky at best, but anyone who takes that stance must apply it equally to both the minority as well as the majority. The majority has no inherent "right" to get more options than anyone else.
I'll be around lurking, but I probably won't be posting much until more new information comes up that can go into the FAQ.

Take care guys! I'll be on my (now) lvl 48 sniper, finishing up the story.

Uluain
11.07.2012 , 01:02 AM | #3006
If we can make good inferrences from the little glimpses we have had since March, and what we know about development plans in general and connect all the dots, it does look as though this will come this year, with new story content and Makeb, in the next major content patch after 1.5. That is if Hall was in fact confirming Gabe's mention as accurate, and if Daniel Erickson's statements from the Guild Summit still apply.

That is a lot of "if"s and "and"s, and there are still matters unknown regarding this content, so of course I do hope we get a comprehensive answer sooner rather than later. Jeff Hickman seems to want to discuss a lot of issues frankly. He's a big deal, so that is a good sign.

Tatile
11.07.2012 , 05:51 AM | #3007
Well, we have been given leave to pester the Executive Producer about SGRA's, so we might as well. Lord knows they won't let Mr. Hood answer questions about story content tomorrow.

Fyuria
11.07.2012 , 10:00 AM | #3008
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Well, we have been given leave to pester the Executive Producer about SGRA's, so we might as well. Lord knows they won't let Mr. Hood answer questions about story content tomorrow.
We have?, this is the first I've heard of it, guess we better get to it then.

Tatile
11.07.2012 , 12:34 PM | #3009
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyuria View Post
I say "given leave" but we haven't been specifically told not to and the community has been invited to ask in questions about content and the state of the game.

Captain_Zone
11.07.2012 , 02:24 PM | #3010
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyuria View Post
I believe the term is UNODIR. It stands for UNless Otherwise DIRected.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.