Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need a Death Match.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Need a Death Match.

Eillack
11.07.2012 , 07:24 AM | #21
With the way PvP is in TOR, this would be a horrid idea.

Don't get me wrong, we need some simplicity from time to time, but like I said the way TOR is right now on PvP, there will easily be 1-sided matches all the time.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

foxmob
11.07.2012 , 07:35 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
Wait. Don't most players just deathmatch anyway?

in reg warzones, yes. in rated warzones, no. in rated warzones, they simply die. we call them commando dps.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjäck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Deìnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Joesixxpack
11.07.2012 , 08:12 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
Wait. Don't most players just deathmatch anyway?

Hahaha! But yeah basically.

Agreed, we definitely need TDM. Wouldn't be a problem for healers either, they'd probably get more kills than other classes given how that's credited for them.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Atramar
11.07.2012 , 08:19 AM | #24
wasnt huttbal a death match?
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Capt_Beers
11.07.2012 , 08:28 AM | #25
If you think class stacking is bad now (which I don't) it'll be even worse with no objectives. Why bring anything but 2 Operative healers and 3 each of Pyro PT's and Smash Juggs?
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

Atramar
11.07.2012 , 09:01 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
If you think class stacking is bad now (which I don't) it'll be even worse with no objectives. Why bring anything but 2 Operative healers and 3 each of Pyro PT's and Smash Juggs?
I think 2 op healers, 2 sin tanks and 4 sin/operative dps will do more destruction.

show up, kill 2, vanish, show, kill 2, no need to vanish, 4 left = easy kill.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

vimm
11.07.2012 , 09:16 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Yeah any day 6-8 weeks after 1.5 is released
Lmao.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

TUXs
11.07.2012 , 09:33 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Yeah any day 6-8 weeks after 1.5 is released
L O L!!! Funny cuz it's true...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

NurseDonut
11.07.2012 , 09:37 AM | #29
I wouldn't mind a deathmatch. But you need some way to split up the groups so its not an insta-gib zerg-fest. Those are boring and annoying. I'm looking at you Ilum.

Perhaps 4v4, or some mechanic splitting a group of 8 into two or three smaller groups.

truchaos
11.07.2012 , 09:45 AM | #30
We all know how fun deadlocked Voidstars are: Two teams lolsmashing each other at the first doors for the entire warzone... getting no where and accomplishing nothing beyond ego-padded numbers.

That is exactly what a simple arena team deathmatch warzone would be like. But that is so much fun.... right?

The only way that a 'deathmatch' style warzone would works is if the map itself was an extensive, multi-tiered maze style layout with traps/pits/ramps/hazards. Basically taking the Huttball map and combining it with Voidstar's multi-point spawns (depending on where you are slain in the map) and amplifying the map size to that of Novare Coast or Civil War. You could even theme it around a minotaur-esque type maze using the Esh-kha race and Belsavis as the world-setting.

Two teams enter the maze and the team with the most total combined medals (healing/damage/kills/protection/damage taken/etc) at the end of the countdown wins.

The only downside with this is that you most likely wouldn't be seeing the massive ego-bloating numbers on the scoreboard at the end of the match (which seems to be the only thing that most calling for a deathmatch style warzone want) because people would have to hunt/chase/EARN their medals.
Blood for the Blood God.