Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc is TERRIBLE

Asukaa
11.06.2012 , 03:31 PM | #641
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaoskyx View Post
*snicker*

Aren't you that person who dueled a mediocre guardian, and who eventually admitted that you weren't all that good yourself? You know, you basically wasted everyone's time in what was supposed to be a legitimate test of a commando's capability versus melee classes like sentinels and guardians?
Did you not see my vids? Apparently not. They're in the sig. Judge for yourself. I never called myself a bad, only that I wasn't the best, but I was only being modest. Honestly I think there is only one merc out there on my server that is better than me. Can't remember his name, but he's in <STS> or at least was. He no longer plays.
25 minute Assault Commando pvp video: http://youtu.be/7wM0QXWBwoE
Duck'bumps (Assault Commando) vs Silch (Focus Guardian) all 5 Rounds (Silch POV): http://youtu.be/R_S_DQKOvd8

Chaoskyx
11.06.2012 , 05:59 PM | #642
Quote: Originally Posted by Asukaa View Post
I never called myself a bad, only that I wasn't the best
True, I suppose I didn't need to say that, as your videos show that you know what you're doing. Still, the point of that experiment was for the best to fight the best, and I recall that you were really intent on fighting that guardian who admitted they weren't all that great, which resulted in a waste of time that proved nothing.

Macroecon
11.06.2012 , 10:52 PM | #643
They should just give up and delete the Merc subclass. Allow every Merc character to respec into a different class. BW consolidated servers to allow players on low pop servers to finally have access to endgame pvp. That was a good decision. For the same reason they should allow Merc toons to respec to a different class. 'Cuz no one is going to take a Merc dps on a ranked pvp team.

dejavy
11.07.2012 , 12:17 AM | #644
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroecon View Post
They should just give up and delete the Merc subclass. Allow every Merc character to respec into a different class. BW consolidated servers to allow players on low pop servers to finally have access to endgame pvp. That was a good decision. For the same reason they should allow Merc toons to respec to a different class. 'Cuz no one is going to take a Merc dps on a ranked pvp team.
Mercs/mandos are still really good in PVE. So, only PVPers suffer. Like pvp? - play glowstick. End of story.

CommanderKeeva
11.07.2012 , 02:34 AM | #645
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroecon View Post
I don't really think that removing an entire advanced class is the way to fix an advanced class. If they could make every other AC viable for pvp, surely they can devise a way to bring this one up to speed as well. The problem is that it's hard to make this class more powerful in PvP without making them even more powerful in PvE. Where they are performing very well.

BW said that they were against PvP versions of the same skills but they might need to rethink that or they will never hear the end of "Why are you buffing/nerfing XYZ in PvE/PvP, that's affecting my performance and I don't even play that aspect!".
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Kalifus
11.07.2012 , 03:17 AM | #646
You know I was just thinking that power shot needs to be like that move certain npcs do to ya, where they have a constant laser hitting you. That way you are getting constant damage on your target and you still have to be a turret. It would be very annoying seeing an entire wz with cross lasers like those dang sage/sorcs do with telekinetic throw/lightning. Plus power shot needs to be a useful ability anyways cause as it is no one uses it, unlike their power-tech brother who gets flame burst which is used all the time.

DkSharktooth
11.22.2012 , 11:24 AM | #647
Merc is still terrible, so this should stay on page 1 of forums. This thread has more views and or replies than many sticky posts. Yea, it's that important.

ArchangelLBC
11.22.2012 , 11:38 AM | #648
It occurs to me that with the level cap increase on the horizon they may just be holding off on future changes until those go through. Probably naive optimism. Course BW could lessen some of the heat on them if they were a bit more forthcoming if this is their plan.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

fungihoujo
11.22.2012 , 12:12 PM | #649
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
I don't really think that removing an entire advanced class is the way to fix an advanced class. .
This is BW we're talking about. Think about it- when they couldn't figure out a fix for the double instant dark infusion proc for sorcs, what did they do? They removed it. When consumption was being overused with the free procs, what did they do? Make consumption so bad- healing sorcs all respecced to lightning effusion for pvp because it's that much better for force use.

I wouldn't put it past them to remove the AC. I mean- they nerfed tracer missile into the ground despite at the time every good player saying it was extremely easy to counter, and all the whining coming from people who didn't use interrupts.

Besides- pretty sure most mercs by now have rerolled a marauder or jugg and are lolsmashing their way to easy victories.

Macroeconomics
11.22.2012 , 12:42 PM | #650
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
I don't really think that removing an entire advanced class is the way to fix an advanced class.
LOL. Stated as BW has acknowledged they will shortly be allowing people to transfer to the AC that they didn't pick at level 10. The end of the Merc problem.