Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PvE players get PvP GEAR if you want to do PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Dalborra
PvE players get PvP GEAR if you want to do PvP
 

Aurojiin's Avatar


Aurojiin
11.07.2012 , 12:11 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Vindrik View Post
Just putting it out there, a lot of the reason that the top guilds get the PvE world firsts isnt just because they're good players. It's a combination of that, as well as having practiced the fights on PTS and spending entire nights doing the raid start to finish as soon as servers go live.
/done
All true, but I have absolutely no doubt that the top EU and US raiders are better than those in Australia/New Zealand.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

Raekor's Avatar


Raekor
11.07.2012 , 01:19 AM | #22
I wonder how many of those fully PvE gear people in PvP are doing it simply for the War Hero relics. I have even considered it, then I shuddered and thought to myself "screw that".

aVmuse's Avatar


aVmuse
11.07.2012 , 02:31 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
Yeah, because those statements saying that I got lucky and killed someone who wasn't trying are clearly inflammatory and trolling. Just... wow.
Wow, irony?


Quote:
QQ some more. I don't want undergeared ******* in flashpoints and ops, but at least they make the queue pop. Get over it and carry some more, since you're so good.
Except for the fact that you can get a free recruit set by just turning 50 so they should dam well use instead of the crap that they wearing which is worse then the FREE RECRUIT ARMOR TO PVP IN, unlike pve where you do not get a introductory level gear set for free so undergeared people do have to grind for their pve gear.


Quote:
If you think PVE and PVP combat specs are "exactly the same", your ignorance of the class is astonishing. Further demonstrated by the fact you think Master Strike naturally roots (hint: it's talented).

Didn't use Master Strike either.
It was not ignorance it was a an assumption that you would have the had master strike specced into the root, obviously I must clarfiy for every spec that you need a specific skill point for i.e vig guardians have the 4 sec cc immunity, but only if they use a skill point into it and apart from the obvious fact that everyone in vig should have that regardless, same goes for combat, forgive me if your not using the standard skill point allotment for combat.

Also don't believe that you managed to kill a healer by using blade rush and blade storm without using another key attack in the combat's rotation,no cc and by sound of it no interrupting either. Someone else probably helped you.


Quote:
You're delusional then. The EU and US playerbases are far bigger, and have a much higher activity level in terms of competition between good players, which leads to much more practice and experience. This is a simple tenet that holds true in everything from Halo to Counter-Strike to Starcraft. Apparently you think you guys are the lone exception across the entire spectrum of competitive gaming. Good for you.
Most ridiculous crap i've ever read. I guess you'd also assume the best sportsmen in the world are all american or european too, simply because they from that country. An american playing 10 games of Halo a day is getting the same exprience and practice as an Australian playing 10 matches too. But yea I know why we get beaten by Americans when we verse them from our country over the internet is due to lag and server placement (surprise most game's servers are in america), and why Americans are like lol what is **** when an Australian hosts a match instead.
Also lol at assuming the US or EU are the best at starcraft, is that the koreans I hear calling?

Quote:
That's why the Oceanic playerbase is always challenging for PVE world firsts, obviously. Oh wait.
Oh wait, I forgot that the downtime was during our primetime, so any new content release has to be effectively done on the next day, unless guilds are planning on doing well into midnight or later. Unlike the downtime not happening, during most American's primetime where they can attempt a new operation in the afternoon or even earlier.

MrRuck's Avatar


MrRuck
11.07.2012 , 02:42 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by aVmuse View Post
Most ridiculous crap i've ever read. I guess you'd also assume the best sportsmen in the world are all american or european too, simply because they from that country. An american playing 10 games of Halo a day is getting the same exprience and practice as an Australian playing 10 matches too. But yea I know why we get beaten by Americans when we verse them from our country over the internet is due to lag and server placement (surprise most game's servers are in america), and why Americans are like lol what is **** when an Australian hosts a match instead.
Also lol at assuming the US or EU are the best at starcraft, is that the koreans I hear calling?
Larger playerbase means higher odds of having more successful players. South Korea is half the StarCraft playerbase.
Lycaeon
< Samurai Pizza Cats >
R.I.P. Dalborra Server

-Holmes's Avatar


-Holmes
11.07.2012 , 02:46 AM | #25
Wow, you guys got no noobs to farm or something? Gotta admit, I wee a bit when Carthy or Lycaon heads over to my node... and I pooped a bit when I saw this in a Voidstar... https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45118787/SWTOR/awman.PNG
Rollin'dirty - Ridin'dirty
The Omgwtfbbqhax Legacy

Aurojiin's Avatar


Aurojiin
11.07.2012 , 02:50 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by aVmuse View Post
An american playing 10 games of Halo a day is getting the same exprience and practice as an Australian playing 10 matches too. But yea I know why we get beaten by Americans when we verse them from our country over the internet is due to lag and server placement (surprise most game's servers are in america), and why Americans are like lol what is **** when an Australian hosts a match instead.
This is a fantastic example, and I'm very glad you brought it up, because you have highlighted just where your reasoning falls short.

At higher levels of play, an Australian does NOT get the same experience playing ten games of Halo that an American does, for the exact reason I outlined earlier. In the US, teams like Instinct, Status Quo, Warriors, Dynasty, etc, etc, are scrimming each other constantly. Because there is a much larger competitive community, there is a much greater amount of high level competition going on. More players rise to the top, and more players get extensive experience playing on LAN, and are able to develop their skill set to a much greater degree (this is on top of a larger playerbase lending itself to higher peaks in terms of individual ability).

By your theory, Team Immunity should place near the top of MLG Halo tournaments, but instead they get eliminated by teams like Reality Check (LOL). They did manage 9th in the recent Halo 4 event, which is definitely impressive, but then again they have Ogre 1, so they're only 3/4 Australian strictly speaking.

Quote:
Also lol at assuming the US or EU are the best at starcraft, is that the koreans I hear calling?
Lol at your sad attempts to errect a strawman. That's not what I said, and you know it.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

MrRuck's Avatar


MrRuck
11.07.2012 , 03:26 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
Wow, you guys got no noobs to farm or something? Gotta admit, I wee a bit when Carthy or Lycaon heads over to my node... and I pooped a bit when I saw this in a Voidstar... https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45118787/SWTOR/awman.PNG
Lol! Waiting for the server to come back up. >.<
Lycaeon
< Samurai Pizza Cats >
R.I.P. Dalborra Server

-Holmes's Avatar


-Holmes
11.07.2012 , 03:37 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by MrRuck View Post
Lol! Waiting for the server to come back up. >.<
I hope it never does, you meanie...
Rollin'dirty - Ridin'dirty
The Omgwtfbbqhax Legacy

MrClone-OI's Avatar


MrClone-OI
11.07.2012 , 04:04 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by BazjamB View Post
really Clone really and where have you been havent seen you swtor a while
Been playing other games and getting out and about more ahahah.
And in a few days when Black Ops 2 comes out I will most probably be away from SWTOR for another month or so ahaha

aVmuse's Avatar


aVmuse
11.07.2012 , 04:08 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
This is a fantastic example, and I'm very glad you brought it up, because you have highlighted just where your reasoning falls short.

At higher levels of play, an Australian does NOT get the same experience playing ten games of Halo that an American does, for the exact reason I outlined earlier. In the US, teams like Instinct, Status Quo, Warriors, Dynasty, etc, etc, are scrimming each other constantly. Because there is a much larger competitive community, there is a much greater amount of high level competition going on. More players rise to the top, and more players get extensive experience playing on LAN, and are able to develop their skill set to a much greater degree (this is on top of a larger playerbase lending itself to higher peaks in terms of individual ability).

By your theory, Team Immunity should place near the top of MLG Halo tournaments, but instead they get eliminated by teams like Reality Check (LOL). They did manage 9th in the recent Halo 4 event, which is definitely impressive, but then again they have Ogre 1, so they're only 3/4 Australian strictly speaking.


Lol at your sad attempts to errect a strawman. That's not what I said, and you know it.
Firstly, my reasoning does fall short when it comes to a professional standard of gaming i.e. MLG competitions, what I am talking about is not for professional gamers but for amateur gamers which would be a majority of gamers regardless of location.

Secondly you said the US and EU were better at halo, cs and Starcraft then everyone else or implied it that way and it is common knowledge that Korea has some of the best Starcraft players at an amateur and professional level. Not exactly a strawman trying to point out that other countries have better players in different games then your supposed US an EU monolopy on skill.