Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anything about the class story worth doing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Anything about the class story worth doing?

Senden
10.19.2012 , 01:34 AM | #1
I hear this class has the worst story out of all of them and was wondering without spoilers, if someone could say if it really is that bad? Got a Sith Assassin and thought that story was pretty weak (compared to the Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior/Agent ones) and now made a Jedi Sage however doing dps as a Sage just seems kind of tame and I'm thinking of making a Sorc.. with that in mind, would I really be missing out on much not doing this class story?

PaniMauser
10.19.2012 , 02:03 AM | #2
The first chapter is really boring, you are doing the same thing every planet. But the ending of the first chapter is rather good and it picks up a bit after that and becomes about diplomacy and politics. And it gets fairly interesting (if you are into political stuff, of course), though surely not on par with JK or Agent ones. IMO, JK and IA are the best stories in this game, all others are pale in comparison.

Like every class story, JC's adds something to the whole story, and then you'll see how some parts from other stories are connected. For example, you can see connection to Agent story, you get to meet a companion of some other class, you encounter an NPC that was a part of other faction planetary quest. And so on.

If you care about such small nods and like political stuff, it is worth doing. If not, you can skip it.

Nilmot
10.19.2012 , 08:31 AM | #3
I'm only up to Tat, and keep hearing the same complaints, but I've actually enjoyed the story so far more than other characters (IA, INQ, JK, SW). I might just be weird since those are generally considered the best stories. As stated, each planet has had a repeating overall goal, but the way you get there has been enjoyable for me.

DarthOvertone
10.19.2012 , 10:50 AM | #4
Chapter 3 is actually pretty good. The rest is a snooze fest. Unfortunately, you have to suffer through the rest to get to the end.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

Kaisernick
10.19.2012 , 01:00 PM | #5
chapter 2 and 3 are really good but chapter 1 is very had to get excited about.

SciFiDude
10.28.2012 , 12:20 PM | #6
I'm up to level 23, about to do Nar Shaddaa, and I really like it so far. I don't find the story boring at all. Plus, the abilities this class has are great, IMHO. My Consular is a Sage and he's really powerful. I haven't found many enemies that can defeat me and I go up against Elites whenever I can.

Master-Nala
10.30.2012 , 03:25 AM | #7
All Chapter 1 class quests drag on. You do the same thing for every class. Which is:

1) Coruscant/Dromund Kaas - Set up for your hunt

2) (Taris/Balmorra)/Nar Shadaa/Tatooine/Alderaan - Do 4 of the same basic thing. Specifically:

Jedi Consular -
Spoiler

Jedi Knight -
Spoiler

Trooper -
Spoiler

Smuggler -
Spoiler

Imperial Agent -
Spoiler

Bounty Hunter -
Spoiler

Sith Inquisitor -
Spoiler

Sith Warrior -
Spoiler

Within each of the individual classes there are different reasons you're doing what you're doing. Personally, the Smuggler story while being highly comedic is by far the most forgettable. The Sith Warrior and Bounty Hunter ones have a good wrapping around what you're doing, but you are literally doing the same thing in each class in Act I. It's only when you get to Act II that the classes start to diverge in their story structure. The Consular story is not even close to bad. The villain of the Consular Act I has a much better backstory than most.

My 2 credits from having played them all.

Devlonir
10.30.2012 , 04:18 AM | #8
I personally liked the Consular story.

I put it in spoiler tags, but I'll try and keep it as un-spoilery as possible. Just talking general themes for each chapter.

Spoiler

Also, your companions are actually quite interesting.

Spoiler

So yeah, people who say the Consular story sucks probably just don't understand it. It is deeper than most stories, and also requires more patience. Also, going Dark Side makes the story very illogical at moments. But as lightside consular really is a great story.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

Wikrosa
11.07.2012 , 01:01 AM | #9
I am almost through chapter 3 with my sage and this is the story Ive enjoyed the most by far (havent done the IA yet mind you).

The thing is that the consular isnt for people who like to jump from ship to ship and kill stuff and save stuff and then do some more killing. If thats what you like you will prefer the JK or SW story.

This is the story for you who likes mysteries, diplomacy and Jedi Lore. While the Jedi knight is the one who busts into the imperial base beating up gaurds and defeating the evil Sith, the consular would have force persuaded the gaurds and then converted the sithlord to the light side.

As a consular you get more opportunities to show your understanding in the Jedi code, to make others follow the path of light or dark. This is not the skywalker class, this is the yoda class, and most of the hate is most likely 14 year olds wanting to blow more stuff up.

If this is not what you are looking for I recomend trying something else, but if you want to dig a little deeper, this is your class.

You should note that , as you probably can tell, Ive played as a lightside, really have no idea how the story pins out as a darkside, but looking back at it it would be pretty wierd from my perspecive.

Edit: removed most of the typos, its late dont hate if I missed some.