Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How Do I Defeat Lord Vivicar?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular
How Do I Defeat Lord Vivicar?

LiquidHayter
11.02.2012 , 03:06 PM | #81
Wow. Too easy. Actually disappointing. His endless minions on that ship was harder than he, himself.
Remember: Your focus determines your reality.. And I am focusing my blaster right in between your eyes.

GARhenus
11.04.2012 , 07:42 PM | #82
mind snap, force wave, stun (and if you have low slash)

don't bother interrupting the other spells, just wait for that one that take forever to charge up.

Macheath
11.05.2012 , 08:17 AM | #83
There are two key points to remember with Lord Vivicar. First, he's level 34, which means if you are level 29, he WILL resist half your abilities (-5 levels is the cutoff in ToR, where enemies start resisting most attacks from the player.) Second, His mind Crush can 1-hit even a tank-specced Shadow, so you need to interrupt it (with your actual interrupt, or he'll just cast it again. Use stuns/Force Wave to interrupt other attacks as you see fit.)

You can defeat Vivicar at level 30, and it becomes easy at about 32, if you simply interrupt that big attack.

Starke is similar, further along in the story. I attempted to kill him while I was 5 levels below his level, and failed pretty miserably. 2 levels later, I wiped the floor with him. Level gap is a huge factor in these later fights, because so many players are underleveled.

-Macheath.
Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Wikrosa
11.07.2012 , 12:45 AM | #84
As a sage this boss is hard when below lvl 30. Simply because he will resist evrything you do including interupts. and slowly outdamage your healing even if you are kiting him.

if you are level 30 he can still resist you so interupt as soon as he starts casting, and if he resists pull off a wave to push him back, and if he would resist even that you can stun him. If all this would fail for you over and over you are having bad luck with rng. If you bind your companions attack and passive abilities, you can also easily kite him and should have no problems avoiding the instakill.

If you are level 32+ doing this and still miss the interupt I urge to not ask a friend for help. Interupting spells is one of the basics in this and many other mmos, this is a slow cast and if you cant handle this you will have REALLY big trouble with later class bosses not to speak of falshpoints and operations. Itīs hard if you are new, but look at it as training, you should not have problems with damage taken unless you are missing interupts so focus solely on interupting him.

Frankupham
04.17.2013 , 06:17 AM | #85
Thank you everyone! I was stuck until I read this post and learned that interrupts were so important. Yes he's was easier that the three mini bosses on the ship, once you interrupted him.

MusicRider
04.17.2013 , 08:50 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankupham View Post
Thank you everyone! I was stuck until I read this post and learned that interrupts were so important. Yes he's was easier that the three mini bosses on the ship, once you interrupted him.
Vivicar is the tutorial to interrupts. Till now most likely you didn't use your interrupt(s) (wave and stun is also best used to interrupt also), but after this you will learn to appreciate mind snap. It was the same for me back then. Died the first time and then I decided to interrupt that nasty spell and it was a walk in the park. Easiest boss in the game. And it has been a walk in the park for all bosses after vivicar as long as you interrupt that long casting spell -hint for chap -.

EDIT: Ah and yes do keybind and use your interrupt frequently on other mobs too. One interrupt saves a lot of healing or worse hassle .

Selenial
04.17.2013 , 08:53 AM | #87
I, as a healer specced sage, was healin qyzen when he cast mind crush.vivicar was at 85%, I was level 30.
I didn't die, I still took him out, I just kited him round the room, and Los'd his massive ability...
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Mat-Japra
04.20.2013 , 09:06 AM | #88
Okay, fairly new to all this so I'm sorry for the stupid question I'm about to ask.
Can someone please list off the interrupts for both Sage and Shadow. I think this may be what is getting in my way as I play these two characters.

Thanks in advance!

Fearless_Jedi
07.13.2013 , 12:14 AM | #89
Yeah after losing to Vivicar about three times I finally caught on to the interrupt thing. Thanks to the people on these forums for that incredibly helpful hint.

Interrupts I used:

Mind Snap (fastest cooldown and silences the ability for 4 seconds)
Force Wave (knockback + interrupt)
Force Lift (works well if u need a few secs to heal, make sure u dont have a DoT on him when u use this!)
Stun (I waited till this was off cooldown then let loose with multiple Disturbances, DoTs, and proc'd TK Waves)

With proper use of LoS, CC, and interrupts this is actually a very easy fight. Without that ur essentially screwed. Also I wouldn't worry about getting close in this fight, u should have at least one of these off CD at any one time and the closer you are the easier it is to spot that OHK chargeup.

I should have figured all this on my own given the elite squad leaders on Vivicar's ship can slaughter u if u dont at least stun them when u can. Both elites and silvers (standards) can be tricky at this point in the game so I think this fight is actually a really good wake up call to the kind of paradigm shift ur about to go through.

Kokkomo
09.10.2013 , 01:53 AM | #90
You have to be minimum level 32 to win.

And You should use "Force Stun" and "Mind Snap" frequently.
RESIST !