Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please stop telling people to press spacebar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please stop telling people to press spacebar

Soluss
11.06.2012 , 07:06 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaoree View Post
I don't have a problem with people who choose to watch the cutscenes, while I have seen them a lot, I don't pay for their account and refuse to tell them how to play.

Problem I have is when I created my first pub toon that I actually took through flashpoints, I had never done Taral 5 and Maelstorm. I was up front about this and when I chose to watch the cutscenes, I was kicked out of the group as it was 3 guildmates that were the group and myself. Again, I told them I had not seen the Taral 5 stuff and was going to watch it, no reply, kicked out of group and this was story mode.
If you were kicked out of a guild group then you have a ****** guild.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Soluss
11.06.2012 , 07:10 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by Malkavier View Post
Here's a little hint about using spacebar:

If you hit it, or do not hit it, it hardly matters. Why? Because there's an automated delay already built into the game for the server to the client dealing with cutscenes. This delay can't be avoided, and takes almost as much time as playing the entire cutscene in some cases.

Some of us have tested this, for instance, on BT when you ride the shuttle over. You can pound the spacebar but it forces you to wait for the exact same amount of time as it takes to watch the cutscene.
This may be true about the shuttle ride. This is not true of convos. Go storm through black talon by space barring and time it then watch every cut scene and time it. There will be a huge difference.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Gaoree
11.06.2012 , 08:32 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
If you were kicked out of a guild group then you have a ****** guild.
It wasn't my guild, I was the extra. Now it did upset me because of the fact that I was kicked because I wanted to watch the cutscenes (asked why I was kicked), the big issue here is that while I am a pre launch player and pretty much said oh well and requeued, if I was a new player, this could be what drives me away from the game.

Flyceratops
11.06.2012 , 08:48 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaoree View Post
It wasn't my guild, I was the extra. Now it did upset me because of the fact that I was kicked because I wanted to watch the cutscenes (asked why I was kicked), the big issue here is that while I am a pre launch player and pretty much said oh well and requeued, if I was a new player, this could be what drives me away from the game.
I don't really get that kind of attitude. o.o For story modes FPs, I always ask if anyone hasn't been there before (because if they have I ask everyone to spacebar); for HMs, I'll only ask that for The False Emperor and Kaon Under Siege, two exemplary FPs with interesting stories.

Kelbun
11.06.2012 , 09:47 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by Eszi View Post
Pretty much this.
Also, conversations are just pointless delays
He/she is probably the player you have to keep running back for because they have to attack EVERY mob. Though personally I let them die. Just like the GOGOGO marauder/sent tanks. I dont even try to pick up the mobs, and my healer wont heal them. We stand back until he is dead.

LordArtemis
11.06.2012 , 09:57 PM | #176
I would suggest they add an "express" tag to the group finder, allowing a person to indicate they wish to skip the dialog in a particular run, and that lets others know they want to do so. They could even match players based on this tag.

It would allow for those that wish to experience the story without being hassled, and at the same time give convenience to those that wish to run the content quickly.

shava
11.07.2012 , 02:25 AM | #177
I don't understand what the big whoop is. When you start a pug, ask folks, spacebar or cutscenes? And then work it out ahead of time. It's like figuring out who is main tank and who is healing whom and so on, it's just negotiating tactical point of grouping, for the style of the folks involved.

Hone those social skils for those *social points* kids!
===
/* formerly Ashtara, the only female trandoshan (TKM/scout/sword) on Chilastra */

jeniyagyu
11.07.2012 , 02:44 AM | #178
I remember a week or so ago, I queued up for daily HM and got D7. First thing I ask as we hit the first cut scene: "Killing Boss or Skipping Bosses?" Everyone else goes: "Doesn't matter"

I didn't need the gear, but the tank goes, "Want to kill the bonus boss?" and Everyone goes: "YEAH!" cuz I'd never done it and they hadn't done it in a while. It was UBER fun! We had a good ol' time running around trying to figure out the bonus quests and where the click things are.

Sometimes it works out. I personally I have never told anyone to space bar (Unless it is my BF and I am yelling at him for playing his DS while we lvl, lol). If people want to space bar, all good, if not, all good too, I can alt tab and check my mail or get a drink real quick.

I'm pretty laid back about things and am not the kind of person to get upset quickly at the game. Hit me up if you wanna do the whole FP in HM sometime I'd love to do FE bonus boss or D7 again!
55 Shadow - 55 Sage - 55 Gunslinger
55 Assassin - 55 Sorcerer - 55 Operative - 55 Juggernaut
~Just wants to raid and have fun. Seriously, Guild Politics make me want to /wrists.~

legolegion
11.07.2012 , 03:38 AM | #179
if some played the fp before, then yes i would like to press space. But other wise no they should not have too, and bugs me when peole insit on it.

Helig
11.07.2012 , 03:51 AM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkFireShadow View Post
I understand what your saying but when you have done the flashpoint 1000000000 times you kind of get sick of seeing that same cut scenes over and over again.
This.

I'm sick of people not spacing through Black Talon\Essel. Especially when they're asked if they mind if we skip and they just remain silent. Ran those so many times I noticed that Asara has green eyes on the Esseles and brown eyes aboard Kilran's ship. To hell with those.

Want to see story? Go solo it on level 16-20 and don't delay others.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie