Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Quick question


khayyinx's Avatar


khayyinx
11.06.2012 , 07:24 PM | #1
There is any other jedi/sith besides darth vader and revan that was very good at engineering? Or people from star wars are all good at it?

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.06.2012 , 07:50 PM | #2
That's a very broad question. I'm sure there are plenty of engineers in the galaxy. As for force-sensetive engineers, I'm not sure. I pretty sure Anakin Solo was pretty handy with tools. That's about all I got.

khayyinx's Avatar


khayyinx
11.06.2012 , 07:54 PM | #3
Yeah, i mean famous and powerfull ones

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.06.2012 , 07:57 PM | #4
There are many Force-sensitive engineers. Corran Horn made his lightsaber out of spare parts. I do believe so, I'll have to check on that. Luke Skywalker was a skilled engineer as well. Those are the ones I can name off the top of my head. I'll add more later.
Added Chapter 40 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

khayyinx's Avatar


khayyinx
11.06.2012 , 08:10 PM | #5
Yeah, luke also made his own lightsaber i wonder how much engineering knowledge is necessary to do it. Was sidious and kyle katarn godd at it? I didn't find information about this...

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.06.2012 , 08:19 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by khayyinx View Post
Yeah, luke also made his own lightsaber i wonder how much engineering knowledge is necessary to do it. Was sidious and kyle katarn godd at it? I didn't find information about this...
Building a lightsaber takes time. Doing it once can make the process easier, but the first time requires time and study of the inner workings of the Lightsaber. One wrong placement can lead to "disastrous" results. It takes some good knowledge of the Lightsabers inner workings.
Added Chapter 40 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Pozafili's Avatar


Pozafili
11.06.2012 , 08:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Building a lightsaber takes time. Doing it once can make the process easier, but the first time requires time and study of the inner workings of the Lightsaber. One wrong placement can lead to "disastrous" results. It takes some good knowledge of the Lightsabers inner workings.
Unless your JAden Korr who just sort of did it..... through inate force knowing thingimy stuff....

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.06.2012 , 09:10 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Pozafili View Post
Unless your JAden Korr who just sort of did it..... through inate force knowing thingimy stuff....
That's true, but that could be attributed to the Force guiding him. Which plays a role in Lightsaber construction as well.
Added Chapter 40 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Kilikaa's Avatar


Kilikaa
11.06.2012 , 09:25 PM | #9
Jaina Solo is great at building things. What would you expect from the Daughter of Han Solo?

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.06.2012 , 09:51 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
Jaina Solo is great at building things. What would you expect from the Daughter of Han Solo?
I would expect nothing less. Han's a great mechanic. How do you think the Falcon is still flying around. By the time of FOTJ, it's probably out dated by quite a few years.
Added Chapter 40 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus