Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvE players get PvP GEAR if you want to do PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Dalborra
PvE players get PvP GEAR if you want to do PvP

Ronyrone
11.06.2012 , 10:45 AM | #1
Can the PvE players PLEASE STOP queing for PvP in PvE gear. thanks for queing and all but the fact remains you do no good for the team if your in full Rakata gear you get two to three shot killed by the other team. it becomes annoying to have two to three PvE geared players and they REFUSE to get PvP gear. if you are PvPing and refuse to get the gear for PvP then whats the point of you being in the match. its like a PvP geared player doing an operation it doesnt work. If you are a PvE player and want to get into PvP thats all good just make sure that you have the PvP gear on so that the team doesnt have to carry you.

Kalolo
11.06.2012 , 03:18 PM | #2
No, please keep on queuing with your PVE gear (as long as your rep, of course) i like to see bigger numbers than usual.
Before Swtor launched i was
Then i tried the game and i was
I waited for fixes and i was and , sometimes going
Now i understand why people call you BIOFAIL and i'm

Henu
11.06.2012 , 04:27 PM | #3
You cant TELL people what to do, try asking them nicely, explain the advantages of Expertise in PVP etc.
Kripty / Snips

Vindrik
11.06.2012 , 05:19 PM | #4
I understand your frustration, but your point isn't as strong as you'd think. I've seen Noodle pull the most damage in a warzone (significantly) with no more questionable survivability than anyone else while in full PvE gear, and I've seen multiple ex-cakers come into TFB HM in full pvp gear and still deal more than enough damage to clear all of the content comfortably without worrying about enrage timers.

Yes, PvP gear helps a lot, especially if you're only in Rakata. But it's not the be-all and end-all. Helpful suggestion is one thing, but if they're not listening to you ask them in game, why would they listen to a forum post?

Didy_Kush
11.06.2012 , 06:01 PM | #5
It all honestly depends I would rather somebody in min/maxed Dread Guard/Campaign than recruit gear and yes Ive seen Noodle pump out 700k dps in a warzone in his campaign gear anything less than campaign though recruit gear ftw.

Aurojiin
11.06.2012 , 06:09 PM | #6
Take a pocket healer and you can kill Carthy and Daffy in PVE gear

Seriously, though, I'd think with the current population state you'd hardly want to turn away people from queueing.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

Didy_Kush
11.06.2012 , 06:15 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
Take a pocket healer and you can kill Carthy and Daffy in PVE gear
Who exatly are you? I would pay to see somebody attempt to kill Daffy in PVE gear in a 1v1 lol.

Aurojiin
11.06.2012 , 06:24 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Didy_Kush View Post
Who exatly are you? I would pay to see somebody attempt to kill Daffy in PVE gear in a 1v1 lol.
I'm a PVP nobody. Buenos dragged me into PVP once on my sent (min-maxed Campaign gear). Half-way through the match I killed you with a lucky Dispatch crit, then I popped Zen and just burnt Daffy down. He just stood there casting self-heals, didn't try to kite or anything. Either he assumed I couldn't do enough damage to beat out his heals (like most pubs, I presume) or he wasn't really playing. Probably both
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

Didy_Kush
11.06.2012 , 06:47 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
I'm a PVP nobody. Buenos dragged me into PVP once on my sent (min-maxed Campaign gear). Half-way through the match I killed you with a lucky Dispatch crit, then I popped Zen and just burnt Daffy down. He just stood there casting self-heals, didn't try to kite or anything. Either he assumed I couldn't do enough damage to beat out his heals (like most pubs, I presume) or he wasn't really playing. Probably both
Nobody is a PvP nobody!!!

Dafydil
11.06.2012 , 06:54 PM | #10
Heya, just to put this out there. I don't claim to be the best, and yes some people can kill me if in sucky gear. But not trying to make excuses for myself, I don't recall being beat by you (don't even know who you are, if you did kill me I'd remember so much as your name). But consider that I'm not the best healer, I take a lot of damage in wzs, I have constant lag, and I just recently got Rakata stim after several weeks of Carthy telling me to get one . Most people 1 v 1 can't beat me. And I'm not telling ppl to just come and call me out and challenge me because I said that. But in wzs it's true. You could have beaten me, but don't forget that you're not the only one that is hammering down at me in wzs. Ex: I took 400k damage in a CW, where as Schia took 90k. Man, I was jealous of his damage taken . Usually if I have more than one person on me I would run around, unless it's a ranged class then I LoS somewhere and take the melee damage. Ah and about the thread, in some cases PvE geared players really suck. But it depends on the type of player. Those that call incs early and are able to pump out good dps/heals, are more than welcome to PvP in the PvE gear. Just try to work on getting some PvP gear sometime soon . And raiding in PvP gear does work haha. As a PvP and PvE member in NS I would know. Healed TFB np, ( but PvE gear helps now). So yeah, didn't mean to write a book.