Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

odonoghuet
11.06.2012 , 05:17 PM | #881
Thanks for giving us some kind of answer Joveth, but if you were a player on a dying server, would it be satisfying to you?
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

Palar
11.06.2012 , 05:25 PM | #882
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Jeff and our team wanted to be able to talk about the topic in his address and now you have the latest on our plans. Thank you all for your patience on this!
Yeah, Heaven forbid it gets talked about in here.

Jarlgon
11.06.2012 , 05:26 PM | #883
i've already posted on the "State of the Game" thread, which frankly has a lot of embelishment throughout it. Hopefully they do something before f2p, because the f2p crowd will mostly likely see the population is low on all three APAC servers (not so low when you combine them) and head over to the NA servers (more detrimental to the game in our region)

Chaori
11.06.2012 , 05:44 PM | #884
Even if F2P brings in thousands of new APAC players BioWare, these are not the players we want, nor are they the players we need. Any new F2P players that join will take months to get to max level. Not only that, they have limited access to WZs. No access to Operations. No access to Ranked WZs.

The population is affecting people right now, already level 50 and wanting to PvP and do operations, and we are asking for a fix right now. This cannot wait for weeks after F2P hits for your evaluation. The only short-term issue F2P will affect is the pre-50 WZ queue times. The people complaining about the population are already level 50 and are unable to get a level 50 WZ in peak hours.

How are you even planning on evaluating our population issues after F2P? "60 players on Dromund Kaas and 90 on Korriban? APAC players are fine now. <3 BioWare" simply won't cut it.

Even if I start seeing 200 people on fleet again after F2P it will mean squat to me if I still can't find a replacement for an open position in an Ops group - which is exactly what will happen (if it attracts more players to our servers at all).

Jarlgon
11.06.2012 , 05:58 PM | #885
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaori View Post
Even if F2P brings in thousands of new APAC players BioWare, these are not the players we want, nor are they the players we need. Any new F2P players that join will take months to get to max level. Not only that, they have limited access to WZs. No access to Operations. No access to Ranked WZs.

The population is affecting people right now, already level 50 and wanting to PvP and do operations, and we are asking for a fix right now. This cannot wait for weeks after F2P hits for your evaluation. The only short-term issue F2P will affect is the pre-50 WZ queue times. The people complaining about the population are already level 50 and are unable to get a level 50 WZ in peak hours.

How are you even planning on evaluating our population issues after F2P? "60 players on Dromund Kaas and 90 on Korriban? APAC players are fine now. <3 BioWare" simply won't cut it.

Even if I start seeing 200 people on fleet again after F2P it will mean squat to me if I still can't find a replacement for an open position in an Ops group - which is exactly what will happen (if it attracts more players to our servers at all).
we won't see that many players on one of our server's fleets when f2p comes. most of the f2p crowd will go to NA servers

mattyboi
11.06.2012 , 06:02 PM | #886
Well it looks like 1.5 with F2P is coming next week or the week after so we won't have to wait long to see if it does do anything.

Twindestiny
11.06.2012 , 06:10 PM | #887
Jeff and our team wanted to be able to talk about the topic in his address and now you have the latest on our plans. Thank you all for your patience on this!
So we're looking at another week for ftp, another 2-4 weeks to let the new players get to max level and lets say another 2-4 weeks for a decision to be reached. I'm really not sure if I can bothered to stay on Master D if I have to wait that long, but then again maybe ftp will be the answer to all our prayers hey?

Scorpiooooo
11.06.2012 , 06:22 PM | #888
Jorveth,

You say you want to talk about the topic - but it's not a discussion when one party refuses to listen to the other. Trying to talk to Bioware about this is like talking to a brick wall.

You've come out and said you are waiting to see what F2P is going to do - have you seen the above posts? Have you read this thread? This community has already determined, with absolute finality, exactly how F2P will NOT solve the server population issue.

I'm not going to re-hash the stats but - Merge the servers. No-one is going to leave, no-one cares anymore and if there are limited amounts of players that DO care about PvP or PvE playability, offer them transfers to the States.

This community wants and needs a reasonable solution. F2P will have zero impact on the situation.
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Luke's motivation to confront Vader wasn't to get a new belt.

Jarlgon
11.06.2012 , 06:28 PM | #889
Quote: Originally Posted by Scorpiooooo View Post
Jorveth,

You say you want to talk about the topic - but it's not a discussion when one party refuses to listen to the other. Trying to talk to Bioware about this is like talking to a brick wall.

You've come out and said you are waiting to see what F2P is going to do - have you seen the above posts? Have you read this thread? This community has already determined, with absolute finality, exactly how F2P will NOT solve the server population issue.

I'm not going to re-hash the stats but - Merge the servers. No-one is going to leave, no-one cares anymore and if there are limited amounts of players that DO care about PvP or PvE playability, offer them transfers to the States.

This community wants and needs a reasonable solution. F2P will have zero impact on the situation.
I wouldn't go so far as to say zero impact, there will still be some impact. I just believe as a general rule that f2p players generally go to the highest populated servers.

Reble-Dog-Squad
11.06.2012 , 06:34 PM | #890
Free to Play is a massive gamble, because i do not think that there will be many people in Asia/Pacific that will be interested in this game, because if they are they would be playing it free now to level 15.

My prediction for what its worth, is that the major volume of Free to Play players will be in Europe and United States and they already have their own servers.

I have moved to a server in North America and i get around 172ms its not great but it doesn't effect my game too much and i get to play with a lot of new friends i have made, i think with out a merger of all three oceanic servers the only option is to move
Australian CE VIP
"Social Media Killed Society - Like The Video Killed the Radio Star"
System: i7 2600K, Asus P8z68-V Pro, 16gig RAM, Gigabyte GTX580 SOC
May The Force Be With You