Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rage Quiting Random HMFP over Nothing

XmaceukX
11.01.2012 , 11:09 AM | #11
Yeah some of the trash skipping is stupid takes longer for some people to do the jumping than it does to kill the mobs. I tank but i just go with the flow if someone agro's the mobs so what just kill them they aint hard no need to have a hissy fit haha

RandomXChance
11.01.2012 , 03:40 PM | #12
I run two tanks and I really only get annoyed when a DPS insists on running ahead and pulling aggro. When I ask why, the usual response is something along the lines of "you are not going fast enough". I have gotten to the point that when this happens, I initiate a vote kick on them and if no one else goes along I leave the group. I feel that if 2/3 of the other members of the group are that clueless/annoying, then I do not feel bad about quitting the group.

sumuser
11.02.2012 , 05:22 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
So instead of punishing the person guilty by kicking the healer, you punish the entire group? You do know the healer is the only one within the group responsible for healing the tank right? Kick the healer if they donít heal, but you may want to find out first why they are not healing. I am also sure you understand in some instances like Kaon that the healer can get stun locked making it impossible for them to heal you and it is dps and your responsibility to get the lock off the healer. The healer can escape it once, but when the tank has aggroed everything in creations they just get locked up again and it takes help to get out before the cooldown is up again.

Got in a group last night, Koan, and the tank hadnít been there was bare minimum or below gear and refuse to ask for help. Kept saying he had been there, but it had been awhile when dps asked if he needed help. Got to the turrets and the tank never got on the turret, so we died, one dps quit followed by the tank. No harsh word were exchanged, no blame was assigned. Q for about 3 mins and got new dps and tank, finished with no problems. Before the tank left though, neither the tank or the dps worried about the healer in stun lock constantly.

FYI: Healers can have instant queues too if they go at the right time. If I go as soon as I get home on my healer, then it is instant. On my dps that I do with a guild tank, they are usually instant, but have taken 5 to 10 mins at times. The only way I know to get a true instant queue it to hit group finder with a tank and healer. Which we do on weekends.
The healer is my best friend in any situation as a tank. I'm always aware of where he or she is and do everything I can to keep them alive. In fact, I haven't had to quit a single HM FP due to drama so far (knock on wood). I have had to quit a grp in the BH running the heroic there because I did have a healer who completely ignored me and was just healing the others in the grp (I wasn't tank spec'ed though)... Really left a bad taste in my mouth and am kinda sensitive to any grp member who decides to single someone out as "punishment" for not following some unwritten protocol.

It's like, not everyone knows how to play their toon to their max. I have been in so many grps where someone would always break CC, or a DPS'er who ignores trash only to help me (tank) kill an elite or boss... Unless they are being a genuine d*ck I try to roll with the punches and look at it as a challenge. I've never decided for instance to force an eager DPS'er to "tank what he pulls" you know? I'm the tank, and as the tank I'm going to do my role to the best of my ability regardless of the other group member's lack of skill / team work / noobness.

But if someone is like, "you did what? Oh screw you, you're on your own" (like what happened to me in the BH when I was learning dps) I could see myself going "f-you, I'll just instant que in a new pug"

I would never leave good intentioned players hanging though... And if it was just one person, I would first try a group kick before throwing in the towel.
Jedi Covenant
Apotheosis | lvl 50 | Bounty Hunter
Utnapishtim | lvl 50 | Sith Warrior

Nasja
11.02.2012 , 05:51 AM | #14
Lol, people rage quitting over people "not being fast enough". If someone acts like they want to go superfast, I on purpose aggro everything and never spacebar through text. The hatetells from that person are pure entertainment.

Naldash
11.06.2012 , 02:22 PM | #15
I love ripping through FPs as fast as you can. I also however realize that its an MMO and not everyone is into that. I slow down for everyone who needs to. Last night I played my alt healer and the random I got on was 2 totally geared sents for dps, a brand new 50 shadow tank, and myself geared in rak/BH. It was apparent that the shadow had not done the FP before and although there were mistakes made because of that no one lost it and we burned through it pretty fast. I remember what one of the sents said afterward when the shadow apologized for their mistakes and thanked us for our patience, he said "everyone has to do it a first time".
"I Love hitmen. No matter how much you hurt them you never feel bad" Sin City

FlyinSpaghetti
11.06.2012 , 02:40 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
One mistake and runÖ Everyone needs to calm down. This is a game, deaths do not take 10 years off your life or condemn your 1st born to a 2nd tier college.

Went on a HMFP yesterday. Got Taral V was thinking cool, fast easy BH Comms. Tank hops on speeder and off we go. Get to bridge and the DPS in front of me somehow aggro NPC on bridge. Somehow then everything got aggroed and instead of helping tank just cussed as he/she watched us die. Then he cussed some and left the group. Seriously this is Taral VÖI can get a group through this without a tank. This is easy comms. One inadvertent pull means nothing and if you lack the patience to deal with it, what are you doing playing a social game. I apologize to the community because I got a little jerky and whispered bye, bye to him and we finished the instance without the moody tank and without another death. As far as I could tell the DPS did not mess up, he was follow the same line me and everyone else uses to bypass that trash. The only mess up there was the tank, that could have wait 2 sec for me use a CC and then DPS could have taken a safer route by the bridge or he could have pulled once the DPS accidentally pulled instead of cussing us and watching us die.
There does seem to be a tank moral problem with this game, it's almost as if they are all tired of it being their responsibility of damage control and to take the harder hits for the team. I've quit a few flashpoints lately only because the tanks are being jerks either with attitude or deliberately not taunting only to get attitude off them after everyone dies on what should've been an easy flashpoint.

What this game needs is a honor system like LoL to encourage people to play their roles and work as a team instead of not doing their job and being a jerk to everyone.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

jumay
11.06.2012 , 03:08 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Naldash View Post
I love ripping through FPs as fast as you can. I also however realize that its an MMO and not everyone is into that. I slow down for everyone who needs to. Last night I played my alt healer and the random I got on was 2 totally geared sents for dps, a brand new 50 shadow tank, and myself geared in rak/BH. It was apparent that the shadow had not done the FP before and although there were mistakes made because of that no one lost it and we burned through it pretty fast. I remember what one of the sents said afterward when the shadow apologized for their mistakes and thanked us for our patience, he said "everyone has to do it a first time".
This.......

With this being my first mmo, I have made more than my fair share of stupid pulls in the beginning. There is no way that I can jump someone for doing the same when my guildies had tons of patience with me as I learned. I enjoy a good speed run for bh comms, but I am normally on for a few hours a day anyway. Spending 5 more minutes in a FP won't kill me.

Beltane
11.06.2012 , 03:12 PM | #18
lol, I do a HM daily as both a tank and a healer and I don't understand this at all. The only times I ever leave groups are if the rest of the group is so woefully undergeared/not paying attention to mechanics that they repeatedly wipe on bosses and show no signs at all of being able to pass it. Even then I give it multiple tries, but once I've spent 30k+ on repairs I tend to politely bow out.

The people obsessed with skipping every tiny mob are the ones that annoy me the most though. I notice this most on my tank. I like a speedy run as much as anyone, and I normally do skip as many mobs as is convenient, but if I ever dare to kill one group of mobs that can either be downed in 15 seconds or avoided if you do some elaborate series of jumps that takes longer than the pull did... people usually start whining.

Yet, if I am trying to skip but people keep agroing the mobs anyway, I don't even say a word and just kill them on. It really doesn't take long to clear trash. It's nice if you can skip it, but hardly the deal breaker many people throw down their toys and go home over.

On the other end of the spectrum, on my healer I get most annoyed when the tank and DPS are not helping me at all, all attacking the same elite mob while 4 normals are shooting me from range nonstop. And then they go "NEED HEALS" even though I'm having to spam heal myself just to stay alive...
--=[ Wrath of Korriban
Ebon Hawk | Heavy Sith RP
IG: Beltane

SleepyKing
11.06.2012 , 05:08 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Beltane View Post
On the other end of the spectrum, on my healer I get most annoyed when the tank and DPS are not helping me at all, all attacking the same elite mob while 4 normals are shooting me from range nonstop. And then they go "NEED HEALS" even though I'm having to spam heal myself just to stay alive...
This is perhaps the most annoying thing when playing as a healer. I have quit after the team wiped repeatedly and blamed me for it (because it's always the healer's fault when things go wrong). What was actually happening is what you described - the three other players (a guardian and two sentinels) leaped in and all attacked the boss. The adds and other beasties were ignored, and when they that happens they always attack the healer. Then the others screamed abuse at me because I was spending all my heals on myself.

I considered lecturing them (especially the tunnel-vision sentinels, one of whom kept using Guarded by the Force even when he was at full health), but then thought it wasn't worth it and quit. My one and only rage quit. Most of the time I'm happy to go on even in the face of repeated wipes (there is in fact no better feeling in the game than when you finally beat a foe that had been kicking your butt repeatedly), but being blamed for other people's mistakes was just too much.

Beltane
11.06.2012 , 05:38 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SleepyKing View Post
This is perhaps the most annoying thing when playing as a healer. I have quit after the team wiped repeatedly and blamed me for it (because it's always the healer's fault when things go wrong). What was actually happening is what you described - the three other players (a guardian and two sentinels) leaped in and all attacked the boss. The adds and other beasties were ignored, and when they that happens they always attack the healer. Then the others screamed abuse at me because I was spending all my heals on myself.

I considered lecturing them (especially the tunnel-vision sentinels, one of whom kept using Guarded by the Force even when he was at full health), but then thought it wasn't worth it and quit. My one and only rage quit. Most of the time I'm happy to go on even in the face of repeated wipes (there is in fact no better feeling in the game than when you finally beat a foe that had been kicking your butt repeatedly), but being blamed for other people's mistakes was just too much.
I have been there, so many times lol.

Most recently, the group kept wiping because the DPS was dying faster than I could heal them. Since I'm in BH gear and have done all the HMs to death, that points to a problem with them, not my heals. They were not moving out of the giant circles on the ground and kept piling up on the boss instead of taking care of the adds. But of course, they started trying to "help" me heal them by giving advice. "Stop putting down your heal circle, it wastes mana." "Did you try keeping HOTs on us?" "Try shielding us" -- all of which I was already doing. Except for the heal circle part. Telling a corruption sorcerer not to use their heal circle is like telling them not to heal at all, lol.

All my attempts to tell them what to do were of course ignored so I finally said I needed to go, quit, and requeued. :P
--=[ Wrath of Korriban
Ebon Hawk | Heavy Sith RP
IG: Beltane