Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Belly
11.06.2012 , 04:39 PM | #11
There's only like one month of Fall left.

Winter is coming...always wanted to say that!
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

Mevan
11.06.2012 , 04:40 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
I still think you've exaggerated the role the subscription had in people leaving the game, I think it's more complex than that.
End game is craptacular, everyone knows that's the reason. If they added minigames like Pazaak and Swoop Racing and other things to keep people busy, people would pay. I refuse to believe the financial issues the world currently faces are so bad that people can't pay a tiny subscription each month for something they enjoy.

Arovien
11.06.2012 , 04:41 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by extreme_one View Post
One of the main things I would like to see is a couple of new wz's.
And perhaps another try at world pvp.
THIS

World PVPing gonna be fixed? We thought Ilum was going to go through an update by the end of this year.
Also: Any news on guild ships?
Aro'Vien - Sage Healer

Cial
11.06.2012 , 04:41 PM | #14
Jeff,

Can you give us some scoop on what is planned for PvP? Ancient Hypergates, Season 1 of Rated War Zones, the Ilum Revamp, Cross-Server Ques, Class Balance etc?
Cialy - Mara
Cial - Sorc
The Bastion

Red-Dwarf
11.06.2012 , 04:42 PM | #15
Quote:
We have recently put new measures in place ..., as well on Public Test Server (where we should find many of these types of issues),
Can you expand on what you are referring to in this regard?

As it stands now the process which has been introduced is now setting it up so it is becoming dangerous for me to test as without current experience there is a danger in any reports I make being unhelpful, but if you are changing things I'd like to know what and how to see if it is worth me trying to help more.

NickM
11.06.2012 , 04:42 PM | #16
I have to ask about the super secret space project as well. Does it even still exist?

Shoogli
11.06.2012 , 04:42 PM | #17
Thanks for this "state of the game" column.
Whether or not I like what is said or written there for now doesn't matter, it still is very nice to have such an update.

Without promising anything or writing things "in stone" can you tell us how frequent you would like to write "state of the game" columns like this one please ? Is it like every month, every other month, twice a year, once a year ?
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

Ilintar
11.06.2012 , 04:43 PM | #18
What is the reason for no automatic character transfer from normal servers to the PTS? You're missing out on a lot of testing of the most important content because of this. You _do_ have the transfer mechanics implemented - even if some stuff messes up on the PTS due to the automated transfers, isn't it worth simply for the sheer amount of potential lvl 50 testers you could get?
Ilum PvP proposal - read here

Lord_Karsk
11.06.2012 , 04:44 PM | #19
A honest post by someone in charge is always a good thing.Players can go a long way
when beeing told the truth.Refreshing approach from BioBare/EA.

Well i think CS should handle tickets faster, but i guess that wont happen now that EA use SWTOR support for all EA games, me myself have a soon 2 weeks old ticket with no answear.Maybe hire a few more people to work at Galway.

Simpel improvments to SWTOR that will go a long way.

1* Minigames we can play and bet on.
2* Fix class balance and resolve, you are killing the PvP community.
3* Little things like hood toggle,speach bubbles,animal mounts,and actual iconic jedi outfits etc.
4* Start taking feedback from PTS and get a easy way for players to copy chars to PTS.
5*Plis remove fleet, most players hate it, boxed in, players should be on alive open planet at endgame.

Other then that keeep up the good work.

JovethGonzalez
11.06.2012 , 04:45 PM | #20 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Shoogli View Post
Thanks for this "state of the game" column.
Whether or not I like what is said or written there from now doesn't matter, it still is very good to have such updates.

Without promising anything or writing things "in stone" can you tell us how frequent you would like to write "state of the game" columns like this one please ? Is it like every months, every other months, twice a year, once a year ?
We're working with Jeff to be able to provide consistent, regular updates for this column. We haven't quite nailed down the cadence yet, but definitely look forward to more than just a few per year.