Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PurpleCliff
11.06.2012 , 12:23 AM | #871
Quote: Originally Posted by Froippi View Post
just giving my opinion never said you had to agree
Just giving my opinion in return
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

Setsugetsuka
11.06.2012 , 02:07 AM | #872
Seriously? 170-190 would easily tide me over until F2P brings in more people. More people will be more inclined to stay also when the note the larger communities. Empty servers don't bring in more players, so essentially you're just shooting yourself in the foot when you pretty much proclaim that our only saving grace is going back to US servers. We have a chance, WHY IN THE NAME OF **** AREN'T YOU TAKING THAT CHANCE!?

Prester-John
11.06.2012 , 02:18 AM | #873
Quote: Originally Posted by Froippi View Post
i have said all along that they are gonna have to force us back to the U.S. servers but it seems most people will quit before going back to the U.S. servers but to be honest its the easier solution to put us back on the U.S. servers
I won't be giving up my 25 ms latency. That's why I'm playing this game and not some other game. If they take it away then there's nothing keeping me here.

Greggo
11.06.2012 , 02:36 AM | #874
/signed

Well constructed and well thought out post.

Hopefully our plea's do no fall on deaf ears.
Evewyns - Ootini Knights
Martian - Ootini Rage
Harbinger
Ex-Dalborra

Nanglez
11.06.2012 , 06:50 AM | #875
Quote: Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
/signed

It is likely that they have.

Jarlgon
11.06.2012 , 08:43 AM | #876
Quote: Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
/signed

they haven't fallen on deaf ears. the devs just won't acknowledge that they are doing the game more harm then good for the APAC region.

orpheus
11.06.2012 , 04:35 PM | #877
from the state of the game update:

Quote:
We are very aware of the concerns with the population levels on the Oceanic servers. The problem is pretty complex, as the solutions we have either split the populations further (like allowing Oceanic players to move to North American servers), or would force players to go to server types (PvP or RP, etc…) that they do not want to be on. Our current plan is to wait for Free-to-Play to launch and see what the influx of new players does to the populations of these servers. We will give it a little time and if we do not see significant improvement, then we will move ahead with the solution that offers the best playing experience for the Oceanic community.

JovethGonzalez
11.06.2012 , 04:41 PM | #878 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
from the state of the game update:
Jeff and our team wanted to be able to talk about the topic in his address and now you have the latest on our plans. Thank you all for your patience on this!

sankalp
11.06.2012 , 05:00 PM | #879
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Jeff and our team wanted to be able to talk about the topic in his address and now you have the latest on our plans. Thank you all for your patience on this!
not really Joveth. The post says you will wait for F2p, give it a "little" time and then "decide" which solutions gives us the best gameplay experience.

Too many things up in the air for my liking. If a F2P player comes along, and sees the pop difference between us and say the bastion/harbinger it would make more sense for them to go there. If you transfer us to the US servers, then we have to give up the latency of APAC servers.

You guys do realize that between now and then you will have more people getting out of the game due to population issues.

I still tyhink a server merge to a PVE with a seperate chat channel for RP would be the best solution. Those who want to pvp can flag themselves, and it will be an APAC community where we do not have to hear constant moaning about taxes, which idiot should be heading a country we dont give a flying hoot about or how someone scored a fecking homerun in a 9 hour match

elitenz
11.06.2012 , 05:03 PM | #880
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
How will this help end game raiding players ?