Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
11.06.2012 , 04:05 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone,

Please discuss the Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game blog in this thread!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Denchet
11.06.2012 , 04:27 PM | #2
Quote:
OK, that is it for now. Please keep your comments and questions coming and I will try to answer the biggest, unresolved questions in these “State-of-the-Game” posts.
When are we going to see the massive latency/input lag problems fixed?

Any news on dualspec?

Urael
11.06.2012 , 04:31 PM | #3
Quote:
2. The subscription requirement was driving away huge numbers of people who do not want to commit to paying monthly.
Ah the meme continues. No Mr. Hickman, it wasn't "the price" of the subscription, it was "the quality of the service" for the price of the subscription that drove people away. In fact, your patch 1.4 "quality of life fixes" forced me back to World of Warcraft. Fix your game and tell us the truth.

EDIT: You know keeping legitimate complaints from your management only keeps them in the dark. SWTOR is not in the state they think it is. If you continue to delete posts that describe problems (like the graphics issues which make it near impossible for me to play your game since patch 1.4) they will continue to write fluff and spin pieces. You are fooling no one.

Telanis
11.06.2012 , 04:32 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Denchet View Post
When are we going to see the massive latency/input lag problems fixed?
This, and all similar problems? The game has been completely hosing my router on one computer/network, and just crashing outright on another. It would be nice if you could be specific about the "big outstanding 1.4 issue(s)" rather than just saying "there was a thing, The End".

MidichIorian
11.06.2012 , 04:34 PM | #5
I like this because it seemed somewhat honest and written by a "real" person. I wish you would have commented on more things though but I assume that's to come and I still think you've exaggerated the role the subscription had in people leaving the game, I think it's more complex than that.

NoFishing
11.06.2012 , 04:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hello everyone,

Please discuss the Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game blog in this thread!
Thank you Jeff...please keep these coming.

I am not sure I can agree with most of what you said on "Topic #2: Bugs...". Many of the bugs we've seen on live have either been completely obvious (like breaking Denova, not once but twice!) that could not have been possible to miss with internal "end-to-end" testing, or have been reported on the PTS but pushed to live anyway.

I expect that specific instances of bugs slipping through have been investigated, and correct measures taken to prevent it again. And hopefully the additional measures you allude to in your post will fix more systemic issues that allow these holes to happen.

But your team would do well to publicly acknowledge bugs very very quickly and keep the community informed of the progress of fixing them much more so than happens now.

Trenter
11.06.2012 , 04:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Ah the meme continues. No Mr. Hickman, it wasn't "the price" of the subscription, it was "the quality of the service" for the price of the subscription that drove people away. In fact, your patch 1.4 "quality of life fixes" forced me back to World of Warcraft. Fix your game and tell us the truth.
But for the... get over it already!

As for questions, are there any news on Makeb?
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

extreme_one
11.06.2012 , 04:36 PM | #8
One of the main things I would like to see is a couple of new wz's.
And perhaps another try at world pvp.
If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change

orpheus
11.06.2012 , 04:37 PM | #9
thanks for the update and thank you for finally acknowledging the APAC community's population concerns.

Jamus_Divinus
11.06.2012 , 04:38 PM | #10
Can we have an official announcement on the SSSP (Super Secret Space Project) please?

Some info, timeframe, a screenshot etc.

I know a lot of people who are interested in this subject.

Thanks in advance.
Star Wars Galaxies - Bria Server - April 2005- December 2011
200,000,000+ Mounts:192/206 Pets:170/178
Achievement points:26700 Ships mastered: 21/24