Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please stop telling people to press spacebar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please stop telling people to press spacebar

Cretinus
11.06.2012 , 03:43 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Lemme guess...you were doing a HM FP? Story mode is where you need to be to NOT skip. If you're in hard modes, skipping is the expected norm. People are there for the trinkets, not your RP.
I was doing a HM FP? Are you sure? Some people seem to have problems with understanding that not every single toon is a lvl 50 in this game.
nerf operatives

Urael
11.06.2012 , 03:47 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
I was doing a HM FP? Are you sure? And based on that (obviously wrong) assumption you tell me how things are in HM FPs? Clever!
Regardless, your thread is redudant, why didn't you use search and read the many MANY other threads on this subject.

Cupelixx
11.06.2012 , 03:50 PM | #143
And players are also 100% entitled to use the spacebar key - using your logic, it's been put there to be used, so I suggest people USE it. I also suggest you take your own advice and ask if people mind watching, if not, deal with it. Neither of you is 'right', it's a group preference. If you can't play well with others, you're free to find another group.

Generally, I'll accept either choice.
For reference, I do spacebar usually. But I won't stand for people trying to force it on others. Regardless, if I don't want to spacebar, I don't need the group's permission. Not asking "can I please watch these" is not rude or "wasting everyone's time". Watching the cutscenes is the default action. Spacebar is the exception.
Please un-break Slicing lockbox missions.

TUXs
11.06.2012 , 03:50 PM | #144
I was doing a HM FP? Are you sure? And based on that (obviously wrong) assumption you tell me how things are in HM FPs? Clever!
I didn't say you were, I guessed you were because THAT is where I see this complaint most often.

Story Mode = story
Hard Mode = trinkets

Skip everything you can in HM's, enjoy the Story in Story mode. Bioware is the one who assigned 'trinkets' to HM FP's, not me. This is a problem they created, not me. I'm telling you what I feel the 'norm' is...don't get mad at me...I only play the game.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Cretinus
11.06.2012 , 03:53 PM | #145
I didn't say you were, I guessed you were because THAT is where I see this complaint most often.

Story Mode = story
Hard Mode = trinkets

Skip everything you can in HM's, enjoy the Story in Story mode. Bioware is the one who assigned 'trinkets' to HM FP's, not me. This is a problem they created, not me. I'm telling you what I feel the 'norm' is...don't get mad at me...I only play the game.
Sure, but this keeps happening in STORY MODE and this is what this topic is about. Actually it's not even about whether one should spacebar - yes or no. It's about people harassing others to spacebar although these others obviously don't want to.
nerf operatives

TUXs
11.06.2012 , 03:54 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Cupelixx View Post
For reference, I do spacebar usually. But I won't stand for people trying to force it on others. Regardless, if I don't want to spacebar, I don't need the group's permission. Not asking "can I please watch these" is not rude or "wasting everyone's time". Watching the cutscenes is the default action. Spacebar is the exception.
That's fine dude, do whatever you like. That's why we have the vote to kick option as well as a leave group option. As I said, I go with the group. If they spacebar, I do. If they watch and I have time, I will. I understand the anger you feel when being told what to do...I dislike that as well...but I take action when something like that happens, I don't whine on the forums.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

TUXs
11.06.2012 , 03:57 PM | #147
Sure, but this keeps happening in STORY MODE and this is what this topic is about. Actually it's not even about whether one should spacebar - yes or no. It's about people harassing others to spacebar although these others obviously don't want to.
You have 2 choices then...

QUIT the group or vote to KICK him. He's more than entitled to ask and you're silly to call it "harassment". What you do after he asks is what matters.

Cupelixx
11.06.2012 , 03:58 PM | #148
That's fine dude, do whatever you like. That's why we have the vote to kick option as well as a leave group option. As I said, I go with the group. If they spacebar, I do. If they watch and I have time, I will. I understand the anger you feel when being told what to do...I dislike that as well...but I take action when something like that happens, I don't whine on the forums.
Do you not see the incredible arrogance and selfishness or using vote to kick if someone won't deviate from the normal method of playing a flashpoint. If you feel you need to leave the group, sure. But don't be a jerk about it ans try to get them kicked. That's just not cool.
Please un-break Slicing lockbox missions.

MoobooMagoo
11.06.2012 , 04:01 PM | #149
I agree that in Hard Mode you should probably space bar. If you don't want to then it doesn't bother me because there aren't really THAT many conversations in a FP (except Esseless/Black Talon I guess).

Also, if someone specifically says that it is a social run then you better space bar, since that's the whole point.

I usually like to watch the story my first time through. I will also make sure to ask the group if its fine with them before hand. I can only think of one instance where the group needed to get the FP done quickly (I think someone really needed to get to sleep or something), so as long as you ask to watch the story people seem to not care about it.
Explorer: 80% Achiever: 60% Killer: 47% Socializer: 13%

Daniel Erickson and the Amazing Technicolor Dream-Abs

TUXs
11.06.2012 , 04:02 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by Cupelixx View Post
Do you not see the incredible arrogance and selfishness or using vote to kick if someone won't deviate from the normal method of playing a flashpoint. If you feel you need to leave the group, sure. But don't be a jerk about it ans try to get them kicked. That's just not cool.
How am "I" being a jerk?! "I" am the one willing to go with majority opinion. YOU are the closed minded one who refuses to spacebar. YOU are the elitist in this scenario, not ME. I suggest you be a team player if you wanna group with others. If you don't, I really have no sympathy for you at all.