Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Please stop telling people to press spacebar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please stop telling people to press spacebar

BWisaJoke's Avatar


BWisaJoke
11.06.2012 , 02:08 PM | #131
If you are doing the fp for comms then why not space bar it? If you want to be immersed into a story line then do a RP group that is full of people that want to take 4 hrs. doing a simple fp..

revansowns's Avatar


revansowns
11.06.2012 , 02:46 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeventhJedi View Post
I'll usually skip convos I've already seen, but if I've never seen it before, I'm watching it - yell all you like. Everyone says that, if you want to watch convos, you should join a guild. Well you know what? Join a guild if you DON'T want to watch them.
Well said man. I'm the same way. For class quests and other quests I haven't seen before I rarely, if at all, hit spacebar. If it's anything else, I spacebar through the convo.
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 50 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 50 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 50 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 29 Jedi Shadow Devasion - Level 25 Sith Marauder Jizzar - Level 19 Powertech Tegldef -Level 18 Scoundrel

Ketchum's Avatar


Ketchum
11.06.2012 , 02:48 PM | #133
I'll spacebar if everyone agrees to it, but if someone is flat out demanding it then well, I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the story. if they don't like it, they have the ability to create their own group.

Nobody yells at me.

Slurmez's Avatar


Slurmez
11.06.2012 , 02:52 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
People are aware of the spacebar functionality in dialogues. If they don't press spacebar, then that's because they simply don't want to, and not because they are lazy/unaware/in need of guidance etc.
dont like it go find some like minded friends

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
11.06.2012 , 03:00 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
People are aware of the spacebar functionality in dialogues. If they don't press spacebar, then that's because they simply don't want to, and not because they are lazy/unaware/in need of guidance etc.
Lemme guess...you were doing a HM FP? Story mode is where you need to be to NOT skip. If you're in hard modes, skipping is the expected norm. People are there for the trinkets, not your RP.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Urael's Avatar


Urael
11.06.2012 , 03:04 PM | #136
As it has been stated ad nausem and ad infinitum, in the myriad of threads that already exist on this very subject ( search is your friend), there is a simple solution to fix this problem:

Add a feature in LFG to select "no space bar" and agrigate people into like minded groups. Simple fix. Perhaps too simple. It's obvious really.

RAZIMx's Avatar


RAZIMx
11.06.2012 , 03:09 PM | #137
They need to put in challenge mode versions of the FPs for those who wish to skip all content, bonus bosses. That is the type of content they should be running not the version for those leveling.

It's getting to the point that no one clears the flashpoint.. just look for the quickest way to avoid mobs and get to the end. All leveling FPs should have completion bonuses on them. The closer you are to 100% completion, the better end loot you receive.

I'd rather spend time fighting content than hugging walls to skip it.

Cupelixx's Avatar


Cupelixx
11.06.2012 , 03:34 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Katrasle View Post
I can understand watching the dialogue on the way to level 50, even through some of the level 50 instances. However, the one thing I hate is when we are in an instance that a level 50 can easily solo and people insist on watching the dialogue. If you REALLY want to watch the dialogue in places like Esseless, Black Talon, Maelstrom, Foundry, etc. then go solo the place on normal and RP your heart out.
Irrelevant, and a straw man at best. Just because it can be done solo at 50 doesn't mean people should feel compelled to skip dialog. The cutscenes are meant to be watched, with the option to skip. I get that some people like to blow through everything. But if someone doesn't want to skip, they are 100% entitled to watch every second of every cutscene. The same holds true regardless if someone has run the instance once or one hundred times. The bottom line is that non-skippers are 100% in the right and should not be dictated to or pressured into skipping.

Don't like it? Politely ask the group if everyone would spacebar. If not, deal with it or join another group.
Please un-break Slicing lockbox missions.

Bojangle's Avatar


Bojangle
11.06.2012 , 03:36 PM | #139
As much as I hate to say it but the OP is right. It is their game and you chose to pug it so now you have to deal with it and they can play how they want.

Simply ask them if they don't mind pressing the spacebar. If they say they do mind then there is a kick option which I will not promote to do because that is messed up but the majority rules.

But the flip side is at least show some courtesy if you already saw it before then press the spacebar. There is no need to keep seeing it again. But no one should tell you what to do. People can sit in Fleet and form a group and set the rules then.
()≡ǁ/////ǁ(₪)ǁǁ[██████████████████████████████)

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
11.06.2012 , 03:42 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Cupelixx View Post
Irrelevant, and a straw man at best. Just because it can be done solo at 50 doesn't mean people should feel compelled to skip dialog. The cutscenes are meant to be watched, with the option to skip. I get that some people like to blow through everything. But if someone doesn't want to skip, they are 100% entitled to watch every second of every cutscene. The same holds true regardless if someone has run the instance once or one hundred times. The bottom line is that non-skippers are 100% in the right and should not be dictated to or pressured into skipping.

Don't like it? Politely ask the group if everyone would spacebar. If not, deal with it or join another group.
And players are also 100% entitled to use the spacebar key - using your logic, it's been put there to be used, so I suggest people USE it. I also suggest you take your own advice and ask if people mind watching, if not, deal with it. Neither of you is 'right', it's a group preference. If you can't play well with others, you're free to find another group.

Generally, I'll accept either choice.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.