Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc is TERRIBLE

Rannox
11.06.2012 , 09:32 AM | #631
Mercenary is currently the WEAKEST class in pvp.

On my powertech they manage to take about 20% of my health before i kill them. On my marauder about 30-40%.

Hate seeing this class on my team in a warzone, because it significantly lowers the chance of victory.

Bioware should BUFF this USELESS class ASAP.

Philastra
11.06.2012 , 09:32 AM | #632
630 posts and all we get is that we have escape issues.....I really dont think they play this in competitive PvP.
The only escape issue I see is avoiding the subject.
It only takes one candle to scare away the dark, or just hire a Bounty Hunter....

Dovahbrah
11.06.2012 , 10:06 AM | #633
Quote: Originally Posted by Philastra View Post
630 posts and all we get is that we have escape issues.....I really dont think they play this in competitive PvP.
The only escape issue I see is avoiding the subject.
Of course they don't play their own game, it's obvious after every patch.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

Asukaa
11.06.2012 , 12:19 PM | #634
Quote: Originally Posted by Rannox View Post
Mercenary is currently the WEAKEST class in pvp.

On my powertech they manage to take about 20% of my health before i kill them. On my marauder about 30-40%.

Hate seeing this class on my team in a warzone, because it significantly lowers the chance of victory.

Bioware should BUFF this USELESS class ASAP.
Against gunnery/arsenal I would agree but not against pyro/assault. They should beat your mara 1v1 all the time. If they don't, then they are just bad. Against your powertech you'd pretty much beat them regardless.
25 minute Assault Commando pvp video: http://youtu.be/7wM0QXWBwoE
Duck'bumps (Assault Commando) vs Silch (Focus Guardian) all 5 Rounds (Silch POV): http://youtu.be/R_S_DQKOvd8

Jarfunkz
11.06.2012 , 12:35 PM | #635
Quote: Originally Posted by Shredit View Post
Merc is TERRIBLE in PvP... In any 1v1 fight with anything other than a merc you will lose. Every single decent skill the merc uses has a cast time, and can also be interupted. On top of that, they decreased the range of our stun by 2/3rds? Now the Merc class is even more horrible. You give us an interupt but but nerf our stun? Ridiculous. IT'S A RANGED CLASS! Give us our stun back... If you guys don't find a way to make the merc more competitive in PvP I am going to uninstall because merc is my main. So lets recap. Stun is worthless now, the interupt has a low range and can only be used to interupt certain things, but everything on merc can be interupted... Without a heat signature damage is crap and in PvP there isn't enough time to always get a heat signature on people. I could go on and on, please fix this class....
maybe you are terrible?
VicVega

AsiriusNazriel
11.06.2012 , 01:36 PM | #636
Quote: Originally Posted by Dovahbrah View Post
Of course they don't, it is sooooooooo obvious.
Pax Imperius & Pax Dominus
Arash a.k.a. "Chuck Norris of PVP"

TUXs
11.06.2012 , 02:24 PM | #637
Quote: Originally Posted by Dovahbrah View Post
They may play the game, but I think it's obvious they don't PvP...or at least, don't PvP at the level players do.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Chaoskyx
11.06.2012 , 02:41 PM | #638
Quote: Originally Posted by Asukaa View Post
Against gunnery/arsenal I would agree but not against pyro/assault. They should beat your mara 1v1 all the time. If they don't, then they are just bad.
*snicker*

Aren't you that person who dueled a mediocre guardian, and who eventually admitted that you weren't all that good yourself? You know, you basically wasted everyone's time in what was supposed to be a legitimate test of a commando's capability versus melee classes like sentinels and guardians?

Jenzali
11.06.2012 , 02:47 PM | #639
It's sort of ironic how the only noticeable buff to Mercs, receiving an interrupt, actually ended up being a nerf to Mercs, considering Mercs are the class most susceptible to interrupts since EVERYTHING depends on Tracer: proccing Unload, heat signatures, defense screens, and improving rail shot. And now the healer Mercs are interrupting them from 30m range, a privilege that used to only be available to Gunslingers and Sorcs. Sure, we can use Power Shot if Tracer is interrupted, but it's pretty awful. The other being Lightning Sorcs. But who plays full Lightning anyway?
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

TUXs
11.06.2012 , 02:51 PM | #640
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
It's sort of ironic how the only noticeable buff to Mercs, receiving an interrupt, actually ended up being a nerf to Mercs, considering Mercs are the class most susceptible to interrupts since EVERYTHING depends on Tracer: proccing Unload, heat signatures, defense screens, and improving rail shot. And now the healer Mercs are interrupting them from 30m range, a privilege that used to only be available to Gunslingers and Sorcs. Sure, we can use Power Shot if Tracer is interrupted, but it's pretty awful. The other being Lightning Sorcs. But who plays full Lightning anyway?
Daaaaang! I never even thought about that. I just smirk every time I interrupt Tracer Missile, knowing how absolutely frustrating it was to me as Gunnery for so long. That is a brilliant observation.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)