Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please stop telling people to press spacebar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please stop telling people to press spacebar

Soluss
11.06.2012 , 11:54 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
If you can't spare 5 minutes of your life for cutscenes, stop playing video games altogether. Saying "You're wasting my time!" with "video games" being the context of that statement is hilarious to me.
Its not 5 minutes. Black Talon, for instance, can easily add an hour to the instance.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Master-Nala
11.06.2012 , 11:58 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
Then dont run it... or run it with only people who want to see the story.... I know, that was hard to come up with. Took me a whole 2 seconds.
That's good because it makes no sense. The story dialogue is there. If the player does nothing, the story will play. Spacebarring is the anomaly. It is offered for those who wish it, but it is not how the Flashpoint works by default. You are asking to change the status quo. You should take the responsibility to find a group that wishes to play that way.

Revanchis
11.06.2012 , 11:59 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
Its not 5 minutes. Black Talon, for instance, can easily add an hour to the instance.
Well, I guess you should just get used to it then. So kick back and calm down, or calmly and politely ask people if you can all spacebar, otherwise quit and find people who do want to.

Rafaman
11.06.2012 , 12:04 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
Don`t worry. We are sick of the anti space bar police too.
Cool. I hope we group together. It will either go smashingly well or... maybe not.

SoonerJBD
11.06.2012 , 12:11 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
If you can't spare 5 minutes of your life for cutscenes, stop playing video games altogether. Saying "You're wasting my time!" with "video games" being the context of that statement is hilarious to me.
I started running these HM flashpoints pre 1.2 for columi gear for me and my buddies back when you could only run them once a day and there was no guarantee the drop would be anything any of you could use. I still run them for BH comms and for alts on occasion. So yes, watching the same cutscene I've seen literally 100 times is a waste of my time. Clearly most people feel the same way because it is very rare for a group to watch all the cut scenes anymore. We would prefer to finish the FP quickly and spend our time raiding or doing warzones or whatever. That's our preference, and we are entitled to it just as you are to sit and watch cut scenes all day. If I'm with a group that wants to watch cut scenes, I will happily drop out. If the group doesn't want to watch cut scenes, we will vote kick you so you can find a group that is happy to run the way you want.

simplius
11.06.2012 , 12:35 PM | #126
cant the group starter just add SB or ST to the instance?

"SB athiss LF 2M" or "ST BT LF tank" i know it will be a little more work

adding it to the groupfinder would be best,,but also a new bug source

Daynna
11.06.2012 , 12:46 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by RSLeMire View Post
If I was unable to skip the story I would very likely only run it once. I do not watch reruns, I don't care to be forced to watch anything more than once.
Yet, you're playing this game where you repeatedly do the same content.

Fyuria
11.06.2012 , 01:17 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
I started running these HM flashpoints pre 1.2 for columi gear for me and my buddies back when you could only run them once a day and there was no guarantee the drop would be anything any of you could use. I still run them for BH comms and for alts on occasion. So yes, watching the same cutscene I've seen literally 100 times is a waste of my time. Clearly most people feel the same way because it is very rare for a group to watch all the cut scenes anymore. We would prefer to finish the FP quickly and spend our time raiding or doing warzones or whatever. That's our preference, and we are entitled to it just as you are to sit and watch cut scenes all day. If I'm with a group that wants to watch cut scenes, I will happily drop out. If the group doesn't want to watch cut scenes, we will vote kick you so you can find a group that is happy to run the way you want.
As mentioned earlier, when it comes to HM runs I can fully understand wanting to spacebar through it, I only disagree with normal 'story' mode runs where some players may be seeing that FP for the first time while leveling up.

SoonerJBD
11.06.2012 , 01:23 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyuria View Post
As mentioned earlier, when it comes to HM runs I can fully understand wanting to spacebar through it, I only disagree with normal 'story' mode runs where some players may be seeing that FP for the first time while leveling up.
Fine for story mode. We are talking about HM.

CrazedScotsman
11.06.2012 , 01:33 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post
(though I'd say it's hard to find anyone who's never done it)
I've never done Esseles or any of the low level stuff. I level to
It's easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission