Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lionflash
11.06.2012 , 10:54 AM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by Phasersablaze View Post
Not when mele are on them.
Hit 'em with the 'Electro Dart' or 'Concussion Missle'.

TUXs
11.06.2012 , 11:02 AM | #192
This. Yes, we can dish out a ton of damage when ignored, but every class can do that. We do need an escape mechanism or something similar to saber reflect for our armor. Commando utility is absolute crap and survivability has to be the lowest in the game.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

TUXs
11.06.2012 , 11:04 AM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Hit 'em with the 'Electro Dart' or 'Concussion Missle'.
Channeled. Interrupts prevent that from being a feasible 'escape' or survival tactic.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

Lionflash
11.06.2012 , 11:13 AM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Channeled. Interrupts prevent that from being a feasible 'escape' or survival tactic.
Power Surge > Concussion Missle

Jet Boost > Unload (Arsenal) That's like 120% movement speed reduction... makes them walk backwards right? (lol)

Rocket Punch > Disabling Shot / Cure (if needed)

Electro Dart still stands as great.

TUXs
11.06.2012 , 11:20 AM | #195

Jet Boost > Unload (Arsenal) That's like 120% movement speed reduction... makes them walk backwards right? (lol)

lol! If the cooldown on Tech Override was lower, it would be more feasible.

Lionflash
11.06.2012 , 11:30 AM | #196
lol! If the cooldown on Tech Override was lower, it would be more feasible.
Hey between all those defensive tactics somethings gotta' be off cooldown.

Besides, I feel with the Arsenal is the 'support' DPS spec anyway. What with the tracer armor reduction and all.

I swear. If BW was reading all these posts they'd be this close to giving the Merc a 'Vanish'.

Jarfunkz
11.06.2012 , 11:32 AM | #197
That is what knockback is for... BOTH OF THEM. Not to mention that is what peels are for as well as guard. OMG tactics are hard!
VicVega

Jarfunkz
11.06.2012 , 11:34 AM | #198
This. Yes, we can dish out a ton of damage when ignored, but every class can do that. We do need an escape mechanism or something similar to saber reflect for our armor. Commando utility is absolute crap and survivability has to be the lowest in the game.
Vanguards survivability is lower at this point in time. They have to be melee and have minimal dcd unlike the other melee classes.
VicVega

Phasersablaze
11.06.2012 , 11:37 AM | #199

If you played PVP at all you would know that this is not realistic. And disabling shot wont stop Ravage not to mention its on a 12s cooldown. A marauder can jump into a pack of 4 guys and kill them all if he is skilled. It is impossible to survive if two mele are attacking a merc...even if they are noobs in recruit gear,

stringcat
11.06.2012 , 11:37 AM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaoskyx View Post
Nope, it's off the GCD, so marksmanship snipers can pop into cover and fire off an instant Snipe, then get up and use Followthrough on the run without losing DPS; they can also toss out a quick Explosive Probe when they feel they need it.
Also, something that bothers me to no end is the fact that my gunslinger actually has more damage mitigation capability than my commando BECAUSE Ballistic Dampers can be reset so frequently; I just need to remember to step out of and back into cover about every six seconds, and I've got an awesome passive shield.
No, it's on hte GCD. FOLLOWTHROUGH is off the GCD, but that doesn't make snapshot better than a very meh skill.
Valiya Illegal Test Kitchen The Bastion