Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please stop telling people to press spacebar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please stop telling people to press spacebar

jedicutter
11.06.2012 , 07:03 AM | #91
well it's annoying then ppl watch cut's wich has no meaning - for ex, launching rocets in cademimu. it is VERY INTERESTING to watch them exploding and VERY interesting to read description text.

spacebar. now.

Styxx
11.06.2012 , 07:04 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
This isn't YOUR game. YOU are playing with others. As such YOUR preferences end where their preferences begin. If YOU want to skip conversations, do it. If YOU want others to do it, group with like minded players. Don't impose YOUR style of play on others.
This is a statement more than anything: "I want to do things my way, regardless".

I`m sorry, but things are not working this way... never have. The majority will dictate for the minority. It`s not about me, as it is more about what it is expected - and the vast majority wants the fastest possible run.

Some just want to be smartypants and make a big deal out of how this game should be played and whatnot.. frankly... I am bringing the tank and the healer AND one DPS, if I am to PuG. I fully expect a player to go with the majority... if not, no problem. DPS are a dime a dozen, so filling one spot is not a problem.

tl;dr: this is not a principle problem and it never was. Majority dictates for the minority. If not, spacebar is implied, because that is the "norm" for Tier 1 PuGs. Anything else is confrontational crap that has no place and means kick + ignore.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Styxx
11.06.2012 , 07:10 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Brat-a-tat- View Post
I stopped doing flashpoints a while ago when I ran our of uses for the comms. I would love to que up for a fp and actually get to do the flashpoint. I stopped running them back when all the tricks for only fighting one guy in the whole flashpoint wasn't common knowledge.Yes I have done the fp's 100 times. But guess what every once and a while I want to watch the story I want to kill the mobs.

I get the reason why people "have to" grind fl for bh comms on 3-4 toons. but that sounds a lot like work. Maybe you guys that are avid about only doing the bare minimum in and for runs should take a chill pill and try to do stuff you actually enjoy for a while. You may get to a point where the fp are fun again.
We do it more than you think we are. If a guy is sensible about it and asks nice and polite, why not? We will go out of our way and not spacebar, unless we know it`s a long cutscene.

But I never liked snotty individuals, as some sound in here. Be nice and polite and you`d be surprised what you can get out of it. Be confrontational and you usually get kicks and ignores.

All I ask is... be polite, don`t demand. It`s really stupid to demand from 3 identically tagged players in a FP. Ask nicely and you might just get lucky.
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

MelodicSixNine
11.06.2012 , 07:19 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
People are aware of the spacebar functionality in dialogues. If they don't press spacebar, then that's because they simply don't want to, and not because they are lazy/unaware/in need of guidance etc.
I always facepalm when someone starts spamming chat with "spacebar it you fool! Spacebar! spacebar!" 10-49. Why those people even join flashpoints in those levels? It's not necessary to do them at all as you get better mods/gear few levels later from planetary comms anyway.
I fully understand annoyance, when someone in HM slows down your run, but in story mode? Dude what the hell are you doing? I hate to say it, but maybe it's time to change MMO? Nobody cares if you seen it 1000 times or more. If someone doesn't spacebar it means he wants to see it.

Kymerous
11.06.2012 , 07:29 AM | #95
The only time I will spacebar through a HM is when I have done it more than one time during the day...otherwise I am going to enjoy the convos to the game I pay for. And more often than not, if you demand the group spacebar, I will purposely NOT do it....and as a tank I dare you to get pissy about it.....our spots in GF dont fill as quickly as the others do

Rafaman
11.06.2012 , 07:36 AM | #96
Hey, if I have seen the cutscene, np. I'll spacebar. But the if someone starts whining about space bar. I enjoy the cut scenes. Not trying to grief anyone but I'm sick of the space bar police.

Styxx
11.06.2012 , 07:39 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Hey, if I have seen the cutscene, np. I'll spacebar. But the if someone starts whining about space bar. I enjoy the cut scenes. Not trying to grief anyone but I'm sick of the space bar police.
Don`t worry. We are sick of the anti space bar police too.

ZeroPlus
11.06.2012 , 07:42 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
This is a statement more than anything: "I want to do things my way, regardless".

I`m sorry, but things are not working this way... never have. The majority will dictate for the minority. It`s not about me, as it is more about what it is expected - and the vast majority wants the fastest possible run.

Some just want to be smartypants and make a big deal out of how this game should be played and whatnot.. frankly... I am bringing the tank and the healer AND one DPS, if I am to PuG. I fully expect a player to go with the majority... if not, no problem. DPS are a dime a dozen, so filling one spot is not a problem.

tl;dr: this is not a principle problem and it never was. Majority dictates for the minority. If not, spacebar is implied, because that is the "norm" for Tier 1 PuGs. Anything else is confrontational crap that has no place and means kick + ignore.
It is funny to read how you assume that you are in the majority.

It is also funny to see you saying "This is a statement more than anything: "I want to do things my way, regardless". ". Pot calling the kettle black?

Really, this is a moot point. Everyone starts out watching the cutscenes and reading through the conversations. Everyone then naturally progresses to spacebarring through the conversations and cutscenes because they have seen it before.

What I find amazing is how many people simple "forget" how they were "that guy" in the beginning too.

As I mentioned before in this thread, I personnally spacebar through conversations and cutscenes. However, unlike many others in this thread, I defend others right to not do so.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

gilephor
11.06.2012 , 07:46 AM | #99
If they do not spacebar just vote kick them.

HauksbokT
11.06.2012 , 07:48 AM | #100
I got sick of seeing so many of these "dawwwwwwwwwwwww he told me to spacebar" threads that I started spacebarring cause I've seen this content 10000 times too.