Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Nassik
11.05.2012 , 09:59 PM | #391
Pre-mades are ruining non-ranked war zones.

I just logged into SWTOR and queued solo. First war zone: huttball.

We were stomped hard by a pre-made. Once they hit six points (to our zero), I load back to the fleet and immediately log out of the game. Screw the daily. I'm not in the mood to lose four times just to get it over with.

Where is any of that fun? If a game isn't fun there is absolutely no point in playing it.

I beta tested and have been subbed since launch. If things are to the point that they're driving me right out of the game (and others like me), what's it going to do to the casual Free to players we'll be getting soon?
Founder 8/8 classes complete
Pre-order CE
Kavari Dabak - level 65 Mercenary | Nassik Dabak - level 65 Sentinel

HaLeX
11.05.2012 , 11:33 PM | #392
Ive read all the posts and there is some very good input about pvp in this game generally. If the devs would read this thread they may L2D.

When you play a coordinated team the stuns are totally unacceptable. Its hard for me to call this pvp, I want interaction with other players, two way interaction. If this is EA's idea of end game pvp, its not good. It feels like crap being helpless in a fight, there needs to be an element of randomness. Why do stuns work 100% of the time? Thats not pvp. In any real fight, does every blow you throw hit the guy? Of course not. Also, resolve needs to last 3 times longer than it currently does. I understand the other sides argument and they have valid points. All I am saying is, its too much and it is ruining pvp for me and most other players. For those who are top players and say everything is fine, adding a random element like misses would make the game much more challenging and require you to think more and assess risk. EA do something about the excessive unplayable stuns.

On topic: Don't blame premades, blame EA for not being competent enough to develop any type of match making system.

Muramxx
11.06.2012 , 02:10 AM | #393
Since my wife and I were getting beat up pretty hard in PvP vs the premade groups I thought I would start recording the data and see where we stood. We play on the Jedi Covannat server as imps. and here is the data I recorded.

400 fights 17 wins = 1 out of every 23.5 battles was a win (which seems to be about the avg I see from people posting there win/lose ratio from pugs.)

Out of those 383 loses 337 were one sided (by one sided I mean huttball being 0 - 5, or the capture points having one side not even half way down before the end of the game.) Which means that approximately 87% of the losing games between my wife and I were so lop sided that there was pretty much no chance of winning.

It's like this in every game though that I have every played. The casual gamer wants to enjoy his game at his pace and complains about being facerolled all the time. While the hardcore guy wants to say everything is fine because he is steamrolling over the casual guy. I Agree 100% with all the posts that say there should be an option to Either go against groups or go against a bunch of random people, cause lets face it a premade group has the classes they need and they work well together while the pug gets whatever the computer randomizes which often leads to no healers, or no "uber" tank or ETC. I mean be honest if your fighting a premade group with 2 healers and your "random" group has no healers but the 3 mercs (if you can call them that) it's obvious who will win.

I don't think there should be a penalty for anyone for playing as a group just like I don't think there should be anything to force people to make groups like has been suggestedmany times. I do believe though they need to allow people to choose if they want to be in a complete random for both teams or against a premade team. I know this option would piss all the premade groups off because that would mean no more farming the casual guys for hours for comms but would force them to either play people on the same terms or play solo and shoot for the best like everyone else.

SajPl
11.06.2012 , 02:43 AM | #394
Quote: Originally Posted by Muramxx View Post
Since my wife and I were getting beat up pretty hard in PvP vs the premade groups I thought I would start recording the data and see where we stood. We play on the Jedi Covannat server as imps. and here is the data I recorded.
Since you and your wife are plaing, I think it's safe to assume you are plaing pvp together so I'll try to tell you this shocking information : you and youre wife ... you're one of those dreaded premades.

Quote: Originally Posted by Muramxx View Post
I don't think there should be a penalty for anyone for playing as a group just like I don't think there should be anything to force people to make groups like has been suggestedmany times. I do believe though they need to allow people to choose if they want to be in a complete random for both teams or against a premade team. I know this option would piss all the premade groups off because that would mean no more farming the casual guys for hours for comms but would force them to either play people on the same terms or play solo and shoot for the best like everyone else.
If they make a solo only que you wouldn't be able to play with your wife because 2 people are a premade as much as 4 people and yes 2 people can make or breake a game - I have seen this happen many times, I have done this many times.

LenrocNewDawn
11.06.2012 , 03:01 AM | #395
Just had a brain fart and felt like this is the right place to share it .

JUST REMOVE THE FRIKKIN QUEUE SOLO BUTTON.

Problem solved. How does that smell ?

P.S. To understand where I'm coming from you'll have to read what I have posted previously on this thread.
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

Atramar
11.06.2012 , 03:27 AM | #396
favorite complaint of the month 'me and my 3 friends got stomped by a filthy premade, whaaa whaaa'
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Muramxx
11.06.2012 , 07:10 AM | #397
Quote: Originally Posted by SajPl View Post
Since you and your wife are plaing, I think it's safe to assume you are plaing pvp together so I'll try to tell you this shocking information : you and youre wife ... you're one of those dreaded premades.
Not quite sure where I put that we played them together as I have a job that tends to occupy the day and her a job that tends to occupy the night but when you find where I said that we played pvp as a group please show me because for the life of me... I cannot find it /shrug.

cycao
11.06.2012 , 07:20 AM | #398
Quote: Originally Posted by Nassik View Post
Pre-mades are ruining non-ranked war zones.

I just logged into SWTOR and queued solo. First war zone: huttball.

We were stomped hard by a pre-made. Once they hit six points (to our zero), I load back to the fleet and immediately log out of the game. Screw the daily. I'm not in the mood to lose four times just to get it over with.

Where is any of that fun? If a game isn't fun there is absolutely no point in playing it.

I beta tested and have been subbed since launch. If things are to the point that they're driving me right out of the game (and others like me), what's it going to do to the casual Free to players we'll be getting soon?
Well I will say this about premades if they have a good group comm this is the only warzone where 4 players can win you the game.

MelodicSixNine
11.06.2012 , 07:41 AM | #399
Let me say it again:
  • Add option to join with 4 people to ranked. No solo queue. People in PVE gear/undergeared have no place in RWZ.
  • Add daily+weekly(daily win 2 ranked games, weekly win 9 ranked games) to ranked,. Same amount of reward as normal daily, weekly.
  • Add EWH gear to vendor for absurd number of ranked comms or create new tier.
  • Remove completely grouping from NWZ.
  • Rework Illum. For starters: bring back the daily possibly weekly. Just for the time being until you redesign it completely.

There. Most of the problems solved. Ranked should pop faster and premades will not ruin time for puggers trying to get gear to start ranked. Que times could go up for NWZ, but quality of games should go up too.
And you could go to Illum for some friendly grouping and pvp.

RogueNights
11.06.2012 , 08:32 AM | #400
Quote: Originally Posted by MelodicSixNine View Post
Let me say it again:
  • Add option to join with 4 people to ranked. No solo queue. People in PVE gear/undergeared have no place in RWZ.
  • Add daily+weekly(daily win 2 ranked games, weekly win 9 ranked games) to ranked,. Same amount of reward as normal daily, weekly.
  • Add EWH gear to vendor for absurd number of ranked comms or create new tier.
  • Remove completely grouping from NWZ.
  • Rework Illum. For starters: bring back the daily possibly weekly. Just for the time being until you redesign it completely.

There. Most of the problems solved. Ranked should pop faster and premades will not ruin time for puggers trying to get gear to start ranked. Que times could go up for NWZ, but quality of games should go up too.
And you could go to Illum for some friendly grouping and pvp.
Agree completely.. maybe not on removing grouping completely from normal.. but the basic idea that once you are 4 man premading in max gear, doing ranked should be easier and there should be more incentives for it... right now if i q for regular w/ say 2 max geared healers and 2 hybrid tanks.. forget winning and losing, it'll be maybe 20 games before we even go down an objective, and probably will go w/ out deaths in over half the games.. and if we get match'd w/ another good premade against a pug team they'll be lucky if everyone can even get a medal.. am not saying you shouldn't ever be able to do this.. am just saying that complete roflstomps should not be the vast majority of games anyone plays, and for alot of high and low end players they are..
Yanny - Assassin LVL 50 - Drooga's Pleasure Barge, Veebo Lunx