Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

About to run my first sm ev

jedimasterjac
11.05.2012 , 11:27 PM | #1
K. So I'm bout to run my first sm ev with my guild. I'm gonna be an off healer. Any tips?
"Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you."

―Darth Traya, to the Jedi Exile

cloudblade
11.06.2012 , 12:22 AM | #2
Have fun! Don't let anyone die
Bitte, Beefcakestud, Filet, Slant
Pansy, Choco
GM of <Wrath> and <Wrth>
The Ebon Hawk

Meepbot
11.06.2012 , 12:30 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
K. So I'm bout to run my first sm ev with my guild. I'm gonna be an off healer. Any tips?
only real heal intensive parts are the first bosses mechanic where he says "I am equipped with twenty-four distinct weapons technologies" your guild will probably explain what to do then, but during that phase, AoE heals -- Kolto missile/ kolto bomb, revivification/salvation, and recuperative nanotech (forgot smuggler name) are VERY important here. Next heal intensive part is the last boss. The whole fight is a step up in healing, but it can be easily done if your group avoids unecessary damage. Thats the key in most of these ops, there are lots of times on every encounter where players can avoid damage, and if they dont, it usually means a wipe. Hopefully your guild is experienced, and its a fun run all in all
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG

Opethleader
11.06.2012 , 05:55 AM | #4
The way we usually set it up is we set it for 1 healer per group (consisting of 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 DPS) and that way it keeps the load balanced for who has to heal who.

Meepbot has it nailed and hopefully your guild will explain the fights well.

Just watch out for your fellow healer as well and that will also help a ton.

There are many different approaches to each fight, so I wont go into the 3 different ways to go after each boss (and that would spoil your surprise and take that enjoyment of discovery of EV that makes it fun.

The good news of SM EV is that it isnt gear intensive and as long as you have practiced in a few HM FP you will be pretty set.

Karkais
11.06.2012 , 06:30 AM | #5
Dont aggro anybody at the ancient pylons until you have sorted out the puzzle solving and who does it.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

Ifrica
11.06.2012 , 07:27 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Dont aggro anybody at the ancient pylons until you have sorted out the puzzle solving and who does it.
a tip for this one, get free smartphone app for puzzle solves
TOFN - EU PVP
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Talibram Snowdrifter - Marauder
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD

Infalliable
11.06.2012 , 07:37 AM | #7
Go to youtube and watch some walkthrough videos for the fights. Generally, it's not knowing the mechanics of the fights that causes people to die.

Even after watching them, you'll probably need to live it once to really understand but it'll cut the learning time (and frustration) down a lot.

These tend to be pretty good... http://www.youtube.com/user/thermal8...e=results_main

DeltaEkotte
11.06.2012 , 08:01 AM | #8
No aoe's on the Infernal Council, put op HoT's (heal over time) on the final boss phase when you are jumping down, be sure you put up the sorc/sage shield bubbly thingy that absorbs damage on the people who have the lighting balls on them on the final phase, avoid the same lighting balls if they arn't on you. Also on the final boss, be sure to keep the tank at full health and having the protective bubble/buffs that absorb damage becuase the falling pillars hit for a ton of damage, and if the tank is at full health when the pillar falls and isn't damaged then do as much dps as you can on Soa when he is down on the final phase, but that only really applys to HM/NiM.
Imperial General Ekotte, Captin of the Mandalorian Fist
RIP SWG, Blood, Dark Stance, SAS, RSS
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...91#post3300391 SWG guilds now here

haliy
11.06.2012 , 08:09 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Infalliable View Post
Go to youtube and watch some walkthrough videos for the fights. Generally, it's not knowing the mechanics of the fights that causes people to die.

Even after watching them, you'll probably need to live it once to really understand but it'll cut the learning time (and frustration) down a lot.
^^ this ^^
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kja - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative