Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The problem with the fps is when I'm around other players.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
The problem with the fps is when I'm around other players.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Changemelater
11.04.2012 , 01:34 PM | #11
The funny thing being that the game worked seamlessly until 1.4 came out. My cpu specs had no problem then.

morfius
11.04.2012 , 02:24 PM | #12
Try to lower shader complexity - it is GPU affect but it goes worst with many characters around.
There is something very messy in 1.4 shadows part.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

DarthXout
11.04.2012 , 03:08 PM | #13
I sort of like the little hitching you get just prior to seeing another player.. It's like a warning the there is potential enemy around. lol
Prophecy of the Five
Dāni - Dirty Scoundrel Fighter / Aloha - Combat Sentinel
Zivā - Lethality Operative
Have a nice day

Changemelater
11.04.2012 , 10:12 PM | #14
Now I'm being booted to character select screen when trying to enter wz's.

PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME.

Changemelater
11.05.2012 , 03:22 PM | #15
Balmorra has always been a laggy and stuttering planet since I bought the game in February, but since 1.4, Balmorra is even worse than the fleet. The lag and stuttering combined is insufferable. It takes five seconds for the camera to follow character movements. Combat is IMPOSSIBLE. In cut scenes, I have to wait 30 seconds for the data to be fully received by my computer before I get to the conversation select screen(1,2, or 3) each time there's a convo decision.

I'm just at a loss as to why you're not taking any of your customers seriously. Is this really the beginning of the end for you guys? It's like you selectively answer some people's complaints, but only the ones in which you feel that person hasn't tried something on their end to resolve the issue. THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM, AND WE ARE ALL WELL AWARE OF THE FACT THAT YOU KNOW IT'S YOUR PROBLEM.

You have to understand that by neglecting to even acknowledge the problem or release a statement that you're working on the problem is alienating a lot of die hard loyal customers who've been with you for almost a year. If the game's dying, tell us. We can handle it. We'll thank you for what was once a really cool idea, and we'll peacefully move on. But ignoring your customers? That's like stock dumping only hours before the business goes under.

Ushuma-Orbi
11.05.2012 , 04:39 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by sbjessen View Post
It's a well-known fact that this game is hard on the CPU. BioWare has said that these problems occur due to low-end PC specs.. Even though your computer should run this game just fine, the only way you can get rid of the FPS problems are by upgrading your CPU.

I've seen lots of strange fixes with RAM-disks, running in XP mode etc. which people claim to work. But the only solution I know to work is by upgrading your PC specs.

I have an I7 3770k, MB Maximus V Formula, 2 HD Asus Rog 7970 in CF, and 16 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance.

In BH my FPS are between 90-112, in a full Fleet I have 30-40, same as in any WZ. Full Max Settings.

What kind of processor do I have to need to get constantly 100-112 FPS in every single instance?

Because I'm pretty sure my rig is awesome.

Kind regards.
Ushuma Orbi
Invictus Tenebrae

Changemelater
11.05.2012 , 10:11 PM | #17
*bump

Cerimon
11.06.2012 , 04:41 AM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

There are a number of steps that can be taken to improve performance. Firstly, please turn off shadows and bloom and hit Apply, then reactivate these and Apply again.

Please go through the following items, testing the game performance after each:
  • Set shadows to off.
  • Turn nameplate scaling off.
  • Turn off Ambient Occlusion in your video card control panel if you are an nvidia user.
  • Delete DiskCacheArena which is by default found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
  • Delete client_settings which is by default found in the settings folder at C:\users\%USERNAME%\appdata\local\SWTOR\swtor\
    When you get in-game, set your graphics options to your preferences.
  • Ensure your power plan is set to high performance in control panel, power options. This is especially important for laptop users.
  • Perform a Clean boot of Windows 7/Vista. or Windows XP.
  • Perform a clean install of latest non-beta video driver.

Thank you for your continuing patience regarding this issue.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Changemelater
11.16.2012 , 05:48 PM | #19
*bump

Kyuuu
11.16.2012 , 06:13 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

There are a number of steps that can be taken to improve performance. Firstly, please turn off shadows and bloom and hit Apply, then reactivate these and Apply again.

Please go through the following items, testing the game performance after each:
  • Set shadows to off.
  • Turn nameplate scaling off.
  • Turn off Ambient Occlusion in your video card control panel if you are an nvidia user.
  • Delete DiskCacheArena which is by default found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
  • Delete client_settings which is by default found in the settings folder at C:\users\%USERNAME%\appdata\local\SWTOR\swtor\
    When you get in-game, set your graphics options to your preferences.
  • Ensure your power plan is set to high performance in control panel, power options. This is especially important for laptop users.
  • Perform a Clean boot of Windows 7/Vista. or Windows XP.
  • Perform a clean install of latest non-beta video driver.

Thank you for your continuing patience regarding this issue.
Been there done that many times its the game. Weather Low Res Low Settings or HIGH RES and High settings same exact framerate issue in fleet and wz. my i7 never budges past 30% usage in this game weather I getting 111 fps or I getting 30fps or lower, the only difference is when I getting those stupidly low framerates the gpu use is 10-40%. And seeing I tried 10 different drivers set to this date along with 3 different cards and all that same issue. the problem is the game engine.

You trying to tell me 660ti 670gtx amd 660gtx are incapable and running decent framerates? you trying to tell me that even though CPU usage never pass 30% I have bottleneck in my system? now if my cpu was pegged at like 99% when I was getting those crappy framerates I might actual buy in to its cpu bottleneck. Is BW really that stupid or just hoping people will buy that its our pc and go away? Cause that is really great way to get people to leave

Quote: Originally Posted by Ushuma-Orbi View Post
I have an I7 3770k, MB Maximus V Formula, 2 HD Asus Rog 7970 in CF, and 16 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance.

In BH my FPS are between 90-112, in a full Fleet I have 30-40, same as in any WZ. Full Max Settings.

What kind of processor do I have to need to get constantly 100-112 FPS in every single instance?

Because I'm pretty sure my rig is awesome.

Kind regards.
i7 920
6gb ram
660gtx
SSD

Same framerates as you. its not us it not our pc's its there game engine if it was our cpu you would be much nicer frames then me and I get pretty much the same in pretty much the same instances as you