Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please stop telling people to press spacebar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please stop telling people to press spacebar

mtsr
11.05.2012 , 08:26 PM | #51
bioware should add a tell to who is spacebarring and who is not

you see i only run hardmode flashpoints for the bh comms at this point

99% of the time 3/4 players ask for spacebar

with a tell of who won't honor the request, my ignore list can actually get some names on it.

If I want to see the story I'll ask to do so, or solo the damn storymode.

After reading this thread Im actually going to initiate the "kick member" function when 3/4 players have asked for spacebar and 1/4 player decides they are somehow more important than the majority.
From the KOTORS *8 years exp in mmo's

Sarfux
11.05.2012 , 09:32 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by DAMossimo View Post
This is one of the many reasons I don't pug.

me too.

EVERY single time it is different for me in my head. I give myself a whole different mindset when I play a new character. Even if I have seen it 100 times It's amazing once you can do it
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

Hiniba
11.05.2012 , 09:40 PM | #53
If I haven't seen the story I'm not space-barring. Period. If I see a major choice made that I haven't seen before (like a Dark Side choice that I haven't gotten to witness) I'll watch that as well.
I'll space-bar if I haven't seen it before but I don't mind at all if other people don't (you can still socialize with friends and stuff in your voice or sending tells during it anyway). With some exception (Esseles/Black Talon) the conversations usually don't take very long (maybe 2 minutes of your time for the longer ones).
"When all choices seem wrong, choose restraint."
-Yoda

Ansalem
11.05.2012 , 10:11 PM | #54
you'll press it and you'll like it or vote kick and Ill pull my companion out...can solo most of the hm fps anyways now.

ZomgAChicken
11.05.2012 , 10:23 PM | #55
I'm going to keep telling people to press space bar.

annabethchase
11.05.2012 , 10:51 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by ZomgAChicken View Post
I'm going to keep telling people to press space bar.
I"m going to continue playing the game as designed, with story. For those saying it's all the same, you do realize there are different options and some of them can be quite different depending on class.

Also, could we please kill the final boss in Taral 5? Not killing the boss is the very definition of being on a gear hampster wheel. Some of us actually are trying to play the game not run up a hampster wheel.

And yes, my gear is far beyond needing black hole comms.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

annabethchase
11.05.2012 , 10:54 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Also, anyone who is urging to skip in story mode is a jerk (unless it's some farming run) and he deserves some proper dis.
I've seen this viewpoint invading story mode and sub-50. It has to stop. This game is built upon story. It's what makes it better than other games.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

Niytshade
11.05.2012 , 11:18 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
you'll press it and you'll like it or vote kick and Ill pull my companion out...can solo most of the hm fps anyways now.
I will not press it and like it, you are not paying my 15 dollars a month so you can't tell me how to play my game. If you ask me nicely to spacebar sure I will, but with that attitude you should just solo since you are an ********* for trying to have people play their game the way you want.

DrewFromPhilly
11.05.2012 , 11:19 PM | #59
People are busy! They have to finish the flashpoint ASAP so they can get back to the business at hand - standing around the fleet waiting for something else to pop, which will of course be sped through as well! There's only going to be so many spontaneous dance parties by the daily quest terminal in one night and damnit, they must all be attended!!

!!!!

jedimasterjac
11.05.2012 , 11:21 PM | #60
At 50, I'll space thru hm bt or hm bp but the rest I enjoy the story and since I run with guilders we don't mind.
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.