Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please stop telling people to press spacebar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please stop telling people to press spacebar

Comstrike
11.05.2012 , 05:30 PM | #21
Pleasestoptellingpeopletopressyourspacebard.Thanky ou.
Comstrike
Founder, Leader, Sons Of Numenor & Scions of Koribban| LOTRO - SWTOR - GW2 - STO - World of Tanks | GalacticHolonetNews

maxetius
11.05.2012 , 05:32 PM | #22
i spacebar'd through this thread.

RSLeMire
11.05.2012 , 05:38 PM | #23
yeah I spacebar every time without fail... unless someone in group states that they have never seen it and would like to then I will be patient and hope they enjoy the story while I am "waiting on other players". However if someone has seen the story and refuses to spacebar I will no longer tank for the group as I do not like redundancy nor do I like mindless people.
"Whatever our fate, let us meet it as Jedi."

simplius
11.05.2012 , 05:42 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
SPACEBARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its like watching the same 4 reruns of a TV show everyday for 6 months.
then why do u keep turning it on? and VOs are one of the few good things in this game,,

ruining it by those yells only remove the last immersion and real RPG

WookieIsshe
11.05.2012 , 05:45 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DAMossimo View Post
This is one of the many reasons I don't pug.
QFT.. join a guild and do the Flashpoints with friends or guildmates and you will not have this problem.

FlyinSpaghetti
11.05.2012 , 05:49 PM | #26
I had someone demanding I spacebar on BT normal/story mode the other day on my new toon, understand on the hard modes but if I was a new player and hadn't seen the story I would get pretty annoyed that some clown is threatening to spoil the fp run because you won't skip the cutscenes in a story driven MMO you are paying a sub for.

I think story modes should be unskippable anyway out of principle, it's not like you are going to do 100's of runs of SM BT/esseles before you outlevel it same for other sub 50 flashpoints.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

RSLeMire
11.05.2012 , 06:17 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
I had someone demanding I spacebar on BT normal/story mode the other day on my new toon, understand on the hard modes but if I was a new player and hadn't seen the story I would get pretty annoyed that some clown is threatening to spoil the fp run because you won't skip the cutscenes in a story driven MMO you are paying a sub for.

I think story modes should be unskippable anyway out of principle, it's not like you are going to do 100's of runs of SM BT/esseles before you outlevel it same for other sub 50 flashpoints.
If I was unable to skip the story I would very likely only run it once. I do not watch reruns, I don't care to be forced to watch anything more than once.
"Whatever our fate, let us meet it as Jedi."

TheSeventhJedi
11.05.2012 , 06:22 PM | #28
I'll usually skip convos I've already seen, but if I've never seen it before, I'm watching it - yell all you like. Everyone says that, if you want to watch convos, you should join a guild. Well you know what? Join a guild if you DON'T want to watch them.
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

Roalmo
11.05.2012 , 06:24 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeventhJedi View Post
I'll usually skip convos I've already seen, but if I've never seen it before, I'm watching it - yell all you like. Everyone says that, if you want to watch convos, you should join a guild. Well you know what? Join a guild if you DON'T want to watch them.
Agree 100%. Especially in story mode.

If I'm in story mode, I'm there for a reason, the bloody story. So whine about spacebar all you want, I'm watchin' the story.

Jacen_Starsolo
11.05.2012 , 06:26 PM | #30
I've seen ads in general saying "speed run through such-and-such". People who want to space bar it all, should advertise it that way. That's story mode btw. I can understand the spacebar requests on hard though.