Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

0/14/27 any good for PVE?

Jaggedblades
10.29.2012 , 10:23 AM | #1
The title pretty much says it.

I've done a bit of digging, and it seems that the 0/14/27 is currently the best DPS spec. However, is that true for PVE? Most info I find is for PVP, and I'm more interested in end game PVE.

Thanks in advance.

Xethis
10.29.2012 , 11:05 PM | #2
I pull about 50-100 more dps with this spec than with full Madness. I do believe it is the best dps spec.

Ryuri-Sama
11.05.2012 , 10:37 AM | #3
I find again it relies on the player. I personally as a deception spec out dps most other sins i've ops'd with.
Squadron 11.11.11
╬╬╬╬╬|{ ██████████████████████████████)

Ryuri-Sama
11.05.2012 , 10:42 AM | #4
I find again it relies on the player. I personally as a deception spec out dps most other sins i've ops'd with.
Squadron 11.11.11
╬╬╬╬╬|{ ██████████████████████████████)

Chiltonium
11.05.2012 , 11:16 AM | #5
im curious myslef.

is 30% more crit damage on maul worth more than a DoT that also crits 30% harder per tick, and 20% more with death field on them? Also only 30% on crits which isnt every hit =\ even at 50% crit chance its completely possible to get a string of non-crits and make it useless.

I find madness extremely fun, but it WOULD be nice to get rid of creeping terror, it feels so useless and makes my rotation feel funny.
Syasentas - 55 Operative
Syadestis - 55 Powertech
Syaseheth - 55 Assassin
SyasehethS - 55 Juggernaut (yea, same name with an s, so what, wanna fight about it?)

Xethis
11.05.2012 , 06:00 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Chiltonium View Post
im curious myslef.

is 30% more crit damage on maul worth more than a DoT that also crits 30% harder per tick, and 20% more with death field on them? Also only 30% on crits which isnt every hit =\ even at 50% crit chance its completely possible to get a string of non-crits and make it useless.

I find madness extremely fun, but it WOULD be nice to get rid of creeping terror, it feels so useless and makes my rotation feel funny.
30% more crit damage on a Maul every 9-10 seconds is not more damage than Creeping Terror alone. There are several factors that make 0-14-27 out dps full Madness.

First, not only do you gain 30% damage to Maul crits, you also gain a global cool down. Since you are not casting Creeping Terror every 18 seconds, you will most likely fill that with a Thrash. 30% crit damage to Maul and one extra Thrash per cycle will do more damage than Creeping Terror.

Second, the Deathmark buff that increases dot damage by 20% isn't really a factor because it is still being fully utilized. Lightning Discharge is a harder ticking dot than Creeping Terror, so instead of spreading 4-5 ticks on each dot, Lightning Discharge will actually benefit even more because it will double the amount of ticks that consume a Deathmark.

Third, Madness is a very challenging spec to play, you have two dots, Deathmarks and Unearthed Knowledge you have to track, and at the same time watching for two different procs (EW/Raze). Even having one less thing to track can do quite a bit for making this spec easier and funner to play.

Fourth, you can now take advantage of the Darkswell talent. Every min or so you have a huge defensive buff and a pretty sexy dps buff. After a couple cycles on a long fight just being able to use Blackout will also out dps Creeping Terror.