Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healing a companion.

carbonytte
01.19.2012 , 01:59 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaffery View Post
That too, totally agree. Spares from minigame "watch companion health". And if your class is not a healer, then nothing much watch, companion simply dies.
Other thing is ressing companion, if my companion gets killed and I get away. Haven't found any other way ress my companion than commit suicide.
you can. dismiss your companion, and call him back. comes at full HP. I also use it during questing if his HP is too low that it takes long time to regen back to full HP.

MSGJackel
11.03.2012 , 09:17 PM | #12
That too, totally agree. Spares from minigame "watch companion health". And if your class is not a healer, then nothing much watch, companion simply dies.
Other thing is ressing companion, if my companion gets killed and I get away. Haven't found any other way ress my companion than commit suicide.
If your companion dies and you get away call a different companion and then the one you lost can just be changed back in.

Oggthebase
11.04.2012 , 05:47 AM | #13
During combat if you're not a healer yourself the only way is indeed to use the special biochem medpac that heal you both.

Out of combat, as suggested above, you can:
- dismiss your companion and resummon him/her
- get on your mount and dismount (it will also rez your companion). It's the fastest way if you're allowed to use your mount.
- use your personal out of combat regeneration skill, it works simultaneously on your companion even if you're not injured ("recuperate" for smuggler & agent, "introspection" for jedi knight, "seethe" for the sith inquisitor, "recharge & reload" for the trooper, etc... each class has its own skill but it does the same)

DLBoyd
11.05.2012 , 10:51 AM | #14
Heroic moment also heals your companion for a small amount.

It might be helpful to know what is your class and which companion. Classes that can't heal are either pure dps or can spec into tanking. If you are using a class that can tank, you should have a taunt even if you are dps spec. Use this to pull npc's off your companion if you can withstand their damage.

Try to CC (crowd control) anything attacking your companion.

Look at your companion abilities and try changing their stance to one that reduces damage taken (but will also reduce the amount of damage they do)...This depends again on your class and abilities.

DPCummerbund
11.05.2012 , 05:25 PM | #15
Haven't figured that out yet, thanks.
If your companion dies, you can also dismiss them and then recall them. Rezzing them is easier if you're right nearby, but if you had to flee & their corpse is next to some elites, then this method can be helpful. Does not work in combat.
"Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy went over to the Dark Side." - Kira Carsen
"You there! I'm drafting you into the Imperial Reclamation Service's... service." - Lieutenant Whist