Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please stop telling people to press spacebar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please stop telling people to press spacebar

LukeSaberRattler
11.05.2012 , 05:14 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkFireShadow View Post
I understand what your saying but when you have done the flashpoint 1000000000 times you kind of get sick of seeing that same cut scenes over and over again.
You know you can still skip through the cutscenes if you want. It just means you stare at dialog choice screen though waiting for everyone. I for one don't mind waiting for someone that enjoys the story. It is after all the highlight of the game.
The Harbinger
Skaviin lvl 55 Guardian -- Kappo lvl 55 Sniper -- Snozzberry lvl 55 Gunslinger -- Friendlyminion 55 lvl Marauder -- Skabiin lvl 55 Juggernaut -- FriendlyNPC lvl 18 Operative -- UnfriendlyNPC lvl 35 Sentinel

Rayla_Felana
11.05.2012 , 05:14 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post
OR roll a tank with your first char. if people don't like it... let them have fun finding someone to replace you
Instant-insurance right there. :P

Quote: Originally Posted by Kourage View Post
Spacebar now. YouTube it later.
Sorry but what? why would you substitute actual in-game experience under your control, for watching someone else do it, without any choice on your end just because you are taking up a few extra minutes in someone's obviously busy online gaming schedule?

chuixupu
11.05.2012 , 05:15 PM | #13
People who have done it 1000 times are going to spacebar. People who haven't probably won't.

It's not like someone who doesn't want to spacebar is going to go "oh yeah, I can spacebar, thanks for teliing me!"

Honestly I always spacebar but I'm super tempted to purposely not spacebar whenever people start getting pissy over it.

What they need is to create a speed run option that players can select at the beginning. At least at that point it's decided from the beginning and you don't have to fight about it every time a conversation comes up.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Katrasle
11.05.2012 , 05:15 PM | #14
I can understand watching the dialogue on the way to level 50, even through some of the level 50 instances. However, the one thing I hate is when we are in an instance that a level 50 can easily solo and people insist on watching the dialogue. If you REALLY want to watch the dialogue in places like Esseless, Black Talon, Maelstrom, Foundry, etc. then go solo the place on normal and RP your heart out.

GnatB
11.05.2012 , 05:17 PM | #15
Not neccessarily, sometimes they've zoned out or whatever, and "spacebar" is a reminder they're with other people.

I occasionally don't spacebar through conversations after reading them when doing solo play if there's something interesting on T.V. Somebody saying spacebar reminds me that, oops, yeah, I'm not the only one here.

Rayla_Felana
11.05.2012 , 05:17 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Katrasle View Post
I can understand watching the dialogue on the way to level 50, even through some of the level 50 instances. However, the one thing I hate is when we are in an instance that a level 50 can easily solo and people insist on watching the dialogue. If you REALLY want to watch the dialogue in places like Esseless, Black Talon, Maelstrom, Foundry, etc. then go solo the place on normal and RP your heart out.
Now THAT is a good and fair point, I concur.

Antipodes
11.05.2012 , 05:21 PM | #17
If it is my first time though, I'll watch the cutscenes. Requests to skip it are ignored.

If I have already watched it, I'll ask beforehand if people are going to be watching the cutscenes. If they are, I'll just watch it again, otherwise I'll spacebar through it. I find it 10x more boring to spacebar through the conversations only to wait for someone to finish watching it.

Uluain
11.05.2012 , 05:21 PM | #18
You get to press your spacebar. You don't get to press anyone else's. Learn patience. We are about to pick up hundreds of thousands of players who have never seen any of this before.

Monoth
11.05.2012 , 05:22 PM | #19
I don't mind people watching Black Talon / Esseles when there level 10, since there's a chance that there new and haven't seen it yet..... But when there 50 and your doing Hard Mode Talon / Esseles then yes I think it should be mandatory that you space bar....

Personally I wish Bioware would remove Black Talon / Esseles from the 50 Hard Mode list.... there's got to be a better FP to take it's place with less conversations....
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

philrowen
11.05.2012 , 05:25 PM | #20
I think it's amusing that people are playing the instances so many times that they get sick of the cutscenes. You don't have to do flashpoints over and over and over again, you know. If you have somehow played all the content in the game, you might just want to play something else. It may surprise you to learn that there are lots of other games out there!