Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please stop telling people to press spacebar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please stop telling people to press spacebar

Cretinus
11.05.2012 , 04:55 PM | #1
People are aware of the spacebar functionality in dialogues. If they don't press spacebar, then that's because they simply don't want to, and not because they are lazy/unaware/in need of guidance etc.
nerf operatives

DarkFireShadow
11.05.2012 , 04:57 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
People are aware of the spacebar functionality in dialogues. If they don't press spacebar, then that's because they simply don't want to, and not because they are lazy/unaware/in need of guidance etc.
I understand what your saying but when you have done the flashpoint 1000000000 times you kind of get sick of seeing that same cut scenes over and over again.

SlimsPicken
11.05.2012 , 04:58 PM | #3
The main reason for conversation slowdowns these days is the crippling lag many players get which spikes their latency to redbar every three minutes during play.

Cant hit spacebar while frozen on screen...

otherwise. Spacebar. now.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

Eszi
11.05.2012 , 04:58 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkFireShadow View Post
I understand what your saying but when you have done the flashpoint 1000000000 times you kind of get sick of seeing that same cut scenes over and over again.
Pretty much this.
Also, conversations are just pointless delays

Rayla_Felana
11.05.2012 , 05:05 PM | #5
I know right, who the hell wants to enjoy the story content that this game is marketed for? right guys?

Soluss
11.05.2012 , 05:06 PM | #6
SPACEBARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its like watching the same 4 reruns of a TV show everyday for 6 months.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

amnie
11.05.2012 , 05:09 PM | #7
I am kinda annoyed by either - the people who demand to watch the story - and the people who demand to spacebar.

I skip when everyone does it, but I don't mind watching the story. hell I still don't even mind the esseles/black talon story much. (though I'd say it's hard to find anyone who's never done it)

what I'd do if I wanted to see the story, tell people that you want to see it right away - or if they're ******es just not mention it at all and pretend it's not you who's not skipping

OR roll a tank with your first char. if people don't like it... let them have fun finding someone to replace you

Kourage
11.05.2012 , 05:10 PM | #8
Spacebar now. YouTube it later.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

Cretinus
11.05.2012 , 05:12 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkFireShadow View Post
I understand that. But if people don't press spacebar because they don't want to, for whatever reason, it's still pointless to tell them to do so. It is mega annoying to have to read the press-spacebar-flame-spam when it's clear that one member simply wants to see the scene. He won't spacebar because he doesn't want to, not because nobody told him to do it.
nerf operatives

DAMossimo
11.05.2012 , 05:13 PM | #10
This is one of the many reasons I don't pug.