Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

First PvP match as sniper (level 11). I got utterly decimated by a scoundrel.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
First PvP match as sniper (level 11). I got utterly decimated by a scoundrel.

DSafana
11.02.2012 , 08:04 AM | #11
As a sniper, you are the easiest target for the DPS-Scoundrel/ OP. Your only defense when you know one is after you is entrench, and you don't get it till much later. Even at level 50, the good ones will still own you, however they are very few that still play at 50 because they really only have 1 rock to their paper(YOU). Every other class is scissors to them.

steaktrooper
11.05.2012 , 03:54 PM | #12
Snipers are easy prey for operatives. They knock you out of stealth and you are practically toast. This is coming from a fifty operative.

NeroCZK
01.21.2013 , 11:45 AM | #13
I think only one cappable of slightly regular pvp pre20 lvl is Sorceror(Sage)

Zunayson
01.21.2013 , 04:11 PM | #14
Yeahh If he killed in you in 3 globals it's because he had really good gear. If you had that gear and that level you would have gotten up and he would have died in about the same amount of time lol
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Never_Hesitate
01.22.2013 , 05:00 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
So does the Operative. Hell i can hit defib at lvl 31 and i still have about 6 knife attacks to choose from, then i can totally fade away after they are all done.

but lvl 11, i can run around in stealth do about 1 knife attack and a gun attack or two then dead. Sorry wouldn't even THINK about pvping till lvl 25 or 30.
Lvl 22 you gain some key abilities on the scoundrel and can start pvping.

With my sniper I never had a problem in pvp, on lvl 17 I did 4k crits and that was by far enough.
If you have a stealther on you as a sniper, you are as good as dead, even worse are tank-sin's.
But someone has to be able to counter the giant dmg the sniper does.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa, Leonië PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

POPsi
01.22.2013 , 08:07 AM | #16
best you can do if you insist to pvp is to try to survive till you get some more levels. Play objectives since you are not likely to go 1v1 with someone and come out alive. Try and cap doors, nodes... generally the enemy won't pay too much attention to these in lowbie pvp. In huttball go ahead to the enemy line and make your team aware you are there waiting for a pass. Things like this. Even though all of the above is much easier with a stealth class, you can still try to contribute. Also, as a class with ranged abilities, just camp somewhere and hope that you won't get much attention. If you managed to go unnoticed, you still can do some nice damage until you get focused.

Daxy
01.23.2013 , 10:39 AM | #17
i forget exactly when you get your "melee" range stun and flashbang stun coupled with your "remove stun" ability but if you are lacking any of these or use them incorrectly against a scoundrel/operative who has gotten the jump on you then it can only result in scores of trips to the respawn

i remember on one of my early snipers the same exact scenario in huttball - an operative was on the hunt for me the entire match and killed me probably twenty times

if you are new to sniper then try to hunt in packs
follow teammates and help focus fire down targets

solo operations while still learning this class will undoubtedly attract the hungry appetites of the bloodthirsty

fwiw
on my first sniper i did not really feel "comfortable" until the 30's

however, on my re-roll alt snipers (because really, who can have enough snipers leveling through pvp?) with all purples my 11-19 snipers wreck havok- especially on unsuspecting derps who think they will faceroll

Swaption
01.23.2013 , 08:08 PM | #18
3 shotting level 10's is probably the best part of sub 50 pvp. When I dinged 50 in a warzone on my sniper, I was lucky enough to have 2 opponents under 15 there. I put on some WH mods into my gear before the start (BoL from an alt), and I was able to walk around 2 shotting people.

Basically, killing low levels is fun, so expect to be hunted down by twinked opponents if you are a low level.
Kgu - Sniper | Kzg - Mercenary | K-g - Marauder

dego-harmonium
01.28.2013 , 02:36 PM | #19
Snipers/slingers are easy prey for concealment operatives, when you are in stealth. They are kind of the counter class to snipers, just stick it out they are underwhelming in 50 pvp so you will not see many of them.

They are the first class i target other than the healer when i pvp and dont feel like healing on my operative
Arterial

islander
01.31.2013 , 03:27 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by dego-harmonium View Post
Snipers/slingers are easy prey for concealment operatives, when you are in stealth. They are kind of the counter class to snipers, just stick it out they are underwhelming in 50 pvp so you will not see many of them.

They are the first class i target other than the healer when i pvp and dont feel like healing on my operative
Yep, a really good operative is going to kill me more times then not. Their ability to keep you stunned for extended periods of time is problematic - to say the least. If I have my CDs all available, I can hold my own but if I'm missing some and he isn't, its not good. They can basically stun you and with some crits get you down to half health before you can even respond once.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five