Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is this launched yet ? Cause it feel like it isn't...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is this launched yet ? Cause it feel like it isn't...

kalibri
12.20.2011 , 05:28 AM | #1
Cause it seems to be the same beta.

Where's my high res textures ?
Why is the grass growing 30m in front of me while on High settings ?
Why is my female smuggler running funny while having the blaster out ?
Why my tickets are Closed while unresolved ?

Beta ? Seems so. Early beta, even.

Poor job Bioware, very poor job. I don't care about server queues, non-existant customer support, but the game as a whole has an unfinished feel.

Fanboys, if you post telling me I'm crazy, you must be delusional yourselves, so just don't. No amount of love for Bioware (which I always admired) and Star Wars (which I will still love) can change the fact that this game was not ready for launch.

Stormgnoef
12.20.2011 , 05:30 AM | #2
game is fine.Dont like it dont play it.I`am having a blast

TomGore
12.20.2011 , 05:31 AM | #3
Welcome to the world of MMOs. I take this is your first one?

Azazzello
12.20.2011 , 05:32 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by kalibri View Post
Cause it seems to be the same beta.

Where's my high res textures ?
Why is the grass growing 30m in front of me while on High settings ?
Why is my female smuggler running funny while having the blaster out ?

Why my tickets are Closed while unresolved ?

Beta ? Seems so. Early beta, even.

Poor job Bioware, very poor job. I don't care about server queues, non-existant customer support, but the game as a whole has an unfinished feel.
Fanboys, if you post telling me I'm crazy, you must be delusional yourselves, so just don't. No amount of love for Bioware (which I always admired) and Star Wars (which I will still love) can change the fact that this game was not ready for launch.
I think they did quite a lot right, wouldn't be here writing this if not. But agree with the OP on the highlighted parts.

More thoughts on my sig.

juscoo
12.20.2011 , 05:40 AM | #5
I'm enjoying the heck out of it, if you don't like it don't play it.

I promise you Bioware isn't reading your post, and your fellow members don't care that the game is ruined for you because of the grass textures.

Atredes
12.20.2011 , 05:43 AM | #6
This is one of the most polished games i've ever played. Did i say it just released? and its polished? most mmo's take like 5 years to solve a starting point quest bug...
Ask not what the Republic can do for you, ask what you can do for the Republic.
Greek SWTOR community @ http://www.swtor.gr

kalibri
12.20.2011 , 05:44 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TomGore View Post
Welcome to the world of MMOs. I take this is your first one?
No, is it for you ? Because you know, this is 2011, not 2004, and most people expect games of a certain quality, and this isn't one of them.

juscoo
12.20.2011 , 05:46 AM | #8
I know human beings are built to complain, and we love doing it.

But good lord people, it's been technically released for 7 hours, and you're complaining about the bloody game already. Get off it, if you don't like it don't play it.

Damethian
12.20.2011 , 05:51 AM | #9
Blame the player base for wanting to play it now, now, now.

Blame EA for probably pushing the developers to release it on time, on time, on time. (Even early, in this instance.)

Could the game have been more polished and better done? Probably, but we would be waiting even longer to play it and in the face of the pressure of the masses and the publisher, you have what you have.

On the plus side, this is a MMO and not a console game. Since that is the case, it will be improved with time. I think the developer did very well for the most part, and I'm sure they would have liked to release something more refined.

TomGore
12.20.2011 , 05:56 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by kalibri View Post
No, is it for you ? Because you know, this is 2011, not 2004, and most people expect games of a certain quality, and this isn't one of them.
This is an MMO. They are launched half-baked. You have two choises, really.

a) Deal with it.
b) Don't play them at launch (or at all).

If anything, SWTOR is of higher quality than most MMO launches in the last few years. Graphics-wise pretty meh, but it seems they are aiming for a certain art style and not really towards a high-resolution photorealistic look.

Don't know what that has to do with the year. Games have been released just as buggy and unfinished for years now with no change for the better.