Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Big update Secret

ChrisMattar
11.05.2012 , 10:07 AM | #1
Is there any reason why you don't give more detailed information when scheduling a maintenance and preparing a patch?
I tried to think of every scenario but I really can't figure out why the suspense, why can't we know what patch it'll be and most importantly what size download it'll be?

Cause keep in mind some of us like myself, have to prepare for these things, when anything larger than 100mb is released I need to download the patch at an internet caffee drop my portable HDD in the morning and pick it up after work, since the best connection I can get in my area is a 500k.s with 1.2GB per month limit on download. Whenever I fail to prepare I miss a day or 2 of gaming due to the patch size etc.

I realize I am not in the majority but I'm a customer too and I'm sure Im not alone. Why not simply tell us what patch is being released and what size it is? what's the big secret?

Throne-Drei
11.05.2012 , 11:28 AM | #2
^ This same thing my wife and I say all the time. They never give us a heads up and what will come out. Even SOE took time to give patch notes before hand for SWG and it was so called a dead game.

Roalmo
11.05.2012 , 01:00 PM | #3
There is no patch, no download, just read the screen at log-on to the game.

It's just a maintenance.

ChrisMattar
11.05.2012 , 01:19 PM | #4
Even when there is, there's never info on it, some of us need it

Hydrol
11.05.2012 , 01:34 PM | #5
no mmo tells u just saying....its there crap and it keeps you wanting to know wats gonna come out? and when...
Try-level 50 Marauder

Throne-Drei
11.05.2012 , 01:38 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Hydrol View Post
no mmo tells u just saying....its there crap and it keeps you wanting to know wats gonna come out? and when...
Every mmo gives patch notes before an update SWG did it and LOTRO does it all the time

ChrisMattar
03.20.2013 , 05:56 AM | #7
it would be nice if they gave us at the very least the approx size of the upcoming patch or the expansion ahead of time, many of us have slow connections and/or a download cap (I have 1gb per day), considering I pre-paid to get early access, It would be nice to able to prepare, and maybe download it elsewhere.

Hoping they will listen, it isnt a complicated or unreasonable request.