Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.04.2012 , 09:43 PM | #361
Quote: Originally Posted by jprife View Post
Oh, so casual players with RL jobs and responsibilities need not play...MMOs are only for the unmarried, unemployed, and unencumbered who can devote 22 hours out of the day for gaming?

Got it.

Seems to me that this attitude might be at the heart of the whole PUG vs. Premade issue.
That was an extreme case. The person literally said they could only play 30 minutes a day. At 30 minutes a day, I'm not even sure how they hit 50 (unless it took them 6 months). So yes, someone who only has 30 minutes a day really can't judge a state of a game.

Even a modest 1 hour a day is a better judge, and is more than enough to step into a guild, find some friends, etc...
During peak work times, I'm often only really there for 2 hours max a day, if I don't play one of my other games (I even have a few casual games, for when I don't feel like serious pvp...)

Ycoga's Avatar


Ycoga
11.05.2012 , 04:29 AM | #362
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Where I take issue, is the concept of a Solo-queue only bracket. Matchmaking good, gear gap bad. Reducing the amount of options someone has to play BAD. Atm 1-4 players (solo or premade) can queue play in non-ranked, meaning shorter queue times for all. Split queue's with a restricter of solo -or- team is bad.

<.< that make sense?
No it doens't make sense at all because you have no understanding of how the queues are formed programatically and are just assuming you do.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Veniras's Avatar


Veniras
11.05.2012 , 04:54 AM | #363
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Now, the solo-only queue option is exclusive. A game mechanic prohibits people from playing with their friends (except by dumb luck of landing on the same team.)
A THIRD queue for solo-players can only BENEFIT the POOL of PVP players.

Currently you have new 50'es who join a WZ, get smashed by a premade, never to return to PVP again due to a REALLY BAD experience that was NO FUN.

By a solo-only queue you get ppl who still enjoy PVP, and ALSO can join the premade queue as they decide to run their own premades later on.

CURRENT SYSTEM DISCOURAGES NEW PLAYERS FROM JOINING!

(I REALLY wish the devs would come with a statement on the issue)

DariusCalera's Avatar


DariusCalera
11.05.2012 , 06:58 AM | #364
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
Currently you have new 50'es who join a WZ, get smashed by a premade, never to return to PVP again due to a REALLY BAD experience that was NO FUN.
So, why did they get smashed?

Was it because they ran into a premade or was it because they decided to go all Rambo and charge into a 2 on 1 fight in full recruit because they could do it in the 11-49 bracket and win?

Or have they simply never PvPed before, got the recruit gear, and jumped in expecting to be competitive only to find out that they aren't and got their feelings hurt?

In either case, the exact same thing could have happened in PUG WZ.

A guildie of mine is a perfect example of it.

He had PvPed very little in the 11-49 bracket and jumped head long into the 50 in full recruit gear playing a Shadow. Instead of playing smart he decided to go out solo hunting and got lit up, and killed, by everything he came across.

Afterwords, he was complaining and blaming the premade that was in the WZ for ruining his fun. However, after talking to him, it became clear that what ruined his fun, was that he had no idea of how to actually participate in the 50 PvP bracket.

Veniras's Avatar


Veniras
11.05.2012 , 07:12 AM | #365
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
So, why did they get smashed?

Was it because they ran into a premade or was it because they decided to go all Rambo and charge into a 2 on 1 fight in full recruit because they could do it in the 11-49 bracket and win?
Nice try at deflection.

OFC they will not enjoy being smashed by more experienced players. But being ANNIHILATED and possibly spawncamped by an efficient premade is EVEN LESS fun.

It is usually not much fun going up against a better geared team, but going up against a better geared premade is EVEN LESS fun.

Premades vs pugs are a major reason for putting people off PVP.

Little_Dorrit's Avatar


Little_Dorrit
11.05.2012 , 07:55 AM | #366
I can speak about my own experience as someone who had never done pvp outside this game, and has only started pvping recently (after levelling several 50s, I thought I'd give it a try). I will say upfront I'm not a great player and need much improving with skill and situational awareness, however as a healer I've had fun and seen myself doing pretty decent numbers for a mostly recruit geared char. However, when I find myself in a group against a premade it takes all I have not to quit (I don't like leaving wzs). I usually last about 15 secs alive and it's like stun-stun-dead. It makes me consider whether I'm really wasting my time trying to get BM gear, since I will never, ever, be able to compete with this kind of players. So yes, it is really disheartening and maybe that is the way it should be, but it sure doesn't make new or undergeared players want to persevere.

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.05.2012 , 08:02 AM | #367
Quote: Originally Posted by Little_Dorrit View Post
I can speak about my own experience as someone who had never done pvp outside this game, and has only started pvping recently (after levelling several 50s, I thought I'd give it a try). I will say upfront I'm not a great player and need much improving with skill and situational awareness, however as a healer I've had fun and seen myself doing pretty decent numbers for a mostly recruit geared char. However, when I find myself in a group against a premade it takes all I have not to quit (I don't like leaving wzs). I usually last about 15 secs alive and it's like stun-stun-dead. It makes me consider whether I'm really wasting my time trying to get BM gear, since I will never, ever, be able to compete with this kind of players. So yes, it is really disheartening and maybe that is the way it should be, but it sure doesn't make new or undergeared players want to persevere.
About to head to work so I'll reply to the other's before you later (Oh noes, Doom has a job? No way, he's a no-lifing premader with over 9000! hours a week to play)

Sorry, that wasn't directed at you.

Any way, I fully understand being smashed as a healer sucks. Done the grind on 2 healers now, eating stuns, sentinels, and every FF on the board.

I encourage you to keep at it though. I'm not sure your time constraints, but as a healer getting into a fairly decent guild should be easy. They always need more healers. You've been on the receiving end of a good team, and I think you'd really benefit from seeing a good team protect you. Guards, taunts, peels... ah, it makes a healer cry with joy.

I see you where I was awhile ago. Stuck on the cusp of carefree scrub life and true pvp. Keep at it, find yourself a team and a mentor, and may the force be with you =P

LenrocNewDawn's Avatar


LenrocNewDawn
11.05.2012 , 09:32 AM | #368
@Little _Dorrit.
The first experience that you are talking about is the correct one (doing heals and having fun). The second type (dead in 15 seconds) isn't intended and should be greatly improved by what Doom is suggesting (guards/peels). Question is, should you be forced to make sure you get guard/peel, prior to signing up for the war zones, in order to avoid the second experience, or not?
Maybe an "If you tick that box you might have an unpleasant experience" tool-tip should accompany the solo queue button . Should be easy enough to program in .
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

UncelSam's Avatar


UncelSam
11.05.2012 , 10:31 AM | #369
The only reason premade runners constantly object us PUGs from getting a PVP queue for ourselves is that they are afraid of losing thier fun of easy kills. We PUGs who are tired of being cannonfodder for overpowered Premade runners just want our part of fun with getting balanced fights.

If you premade runners are fancying a tough fights, you should be glad if we PUGs were in our own queue, since you should have to fight other Premade team, but instead you are all whining in here, objecting that we should get our own queue. That fact speaks for itself.

I rest my case.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
11.05.2012 , 10:37 AM | #370
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
The only reason premade runners constantly object us PUGs from getting a PVP queue for ourselves is that they are afraid of losing thier fun of easy kills. We PUGs who are tired of being cannonfodder for overpowered Premade runners just want our part of fun with getting balanced fights.

If you premade runners are fancying a tough fights, you should be glad if we PUGs were in our own queue, since you should have to fight other Premade team, but instead you are all whining in here, objecting that we should get our own queue. That fact speaks for itself.

I rest my case.
I think most people that run premades who do not have enough guildies online for rateds would more than welcome separate queues if they would guarantee that times would not dramatically increase without cross server queues.

Anyways I still enjoy the fact that all people that pug are undergeard and always face a premade that is full WH min/maxed blah blah blah.