Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hesitating abilities.

Fatleaf
11.04.2012 , 04:16 PM | #1
Yesterday and more so today I have been finding the abilities hesitate before activating. The character (A Jedi Guardian) takes half a swing stops mid swing and then and starts the ability from the start of the swing. I have lost a few fights because of it. Fights I had won comfortably before. With some abilities the activation window is very narrow and by the time the hesitation stops the window is passed and the ability stops activating making some abilities pointless.

The game is becoming almost unplayable.

Chaori
11.04.2012 , 06:19 PM | #2
It has something to do with your upload speeds, it happens to me quite a lot. If you have a lag spike, when you hit the ability it will start the character animation (the first half of the animation is entire client-side) and, due to a suddent spike, the game may not even register you have pressed it at all.

The bad thing about GCDs in SWTOR is if the ability is cancelled or interrupted and does not go off, the GCD is not reset. This means, when you are spamming abilities and you get this lag spike, it will do exactly what you're experiencing now - play the start animation on your character and halt halfway through when the ability fails to register on the server-side.

Fatleaf
11.05.2012 , 08:15 AM | #3
This has only started happening to coincide with the lagg issues, I never noticed it before. So would I be correct in assuming that once the lagg issues are sorted it will fix this problem also?

Thanks for your help by the way