Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does Lightsabre damage numbers add to Force Attacks?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Does Lightsabre damage numbers add to Force Attacks?

Toryang
11.05.2012 , 05:03 AM | #1
Can someone please help explain what specifically the damage for my primary weapon affects.

I have a Sith Sorc, but his damage output on a Lightning spec seems poor to me. Does the damage figure on his lightsabre affect his force damage at all? If the damage number is low, does he suffer? I have not really upgraded his weapon, as I never really use his lightsabre in combat.

Similarly, I have a good damage output on a Smuggler Gunslinger, and he seems to be much more effective in DPS terms. But his weapon is at level, and the damage type makes sense in terms of his abilities.

Oggthebase
11.05.2012 , 06:12 AM | #2
As a sith sorcerer you do not swing your lightsaber at ennemies and therefore the base damage is indeed useless to you directly.

However, the Force power statistic on the weapon is directly linked to the weapon rating, as is the base damage. As a sorcerer, you need as much Force power bonus as you can.

The hilt mod level determines the weapon rating, that in turn sets the base damage AND the Force power bonus.
Similarly, the barrel mod level determines your smuggler's weapon rating therefore the weapon base damage.

This means that you can use the base damage as a comparison tool, but it's best to use Force power directly when deciding which weapon to pick.

Altheran
11.05.2012 , 07:33 AM | #3
There is no direct correlation, but the saber damage (or weapon rate) must be the higher as possible.

The rate has various influence on character : it will increase the damage from the lightsaber which i admit isn't a need on your Sorc because you don't use melee attacks, but it will also increase the Force Power stat which will directly increase your efficiency on Force attacks. At this there is also the fact that the hilt which is the modifier on your weapon bears more stats (Endurance and Willpower) the higher the rate will be.

So, long story short : it doesn't add, but still increase your weapon's damage.