Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Encyclopedia Revalations

Uluain
11.04.2012 , 10:59 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
Is there anything new to be learned about companion ages? I know the ages are mentioned but are those their ages for when they are recruited, from the beginning of the character's story, or from the end of the character's story?

Any mention or clarification on that with dates or anything?
It is easy to miss, because it is in a sidebar at the very beginning, but it is spelled out explicitly that the date for the beginning of the game, used as the standard of reference in the encyclopedia, is 3640 BBY, thirteen years after the Treaty of Coruscant. So ages of companions are relative to that baseline date.

The encyclopedia does not map out a timeline for the stories in play, or say over how long a span of time they take place. So that is still left quite vague. Plainly some companions join you later than others, but I would read the age in the profile as their age in 3640.

JacenHallis
11.05.2012 , 02:55 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
It is easy to miss, because it is in a sidebar at the very beginning, but it is spelled out explicitly that the date for the beginning of the game, used as the standard of reference in the encyclopedia, is 3640 BBY, thirteen years after the Treaty of Coruscant.
Interesting. I went through the Journal of Gnost-Dural yesterday to get the actual years for the cinematics leading up to the game. There's a 13-year span between each event. Thirteen years before the game was the Sacking of Coruscant. Thirteen years before that was the Battle of Alderaan. Thirteen years before that was the arrival of the Sith at Korriban. The writers seem to like that number for some reason.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

Setsugetsuka
11.05.2012 , 03:15 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JacenHallis View Post
Interesting. I went through the Journal of Gnost-Dural yesterday to get the actual years for the cinematics leading up to the game. There's a 13-year span between each event. Thirteen years before the game was the Sacking of Coruscant. Thirteen years before that was the Battle of Alderaan. Thirteen years before that was the arrival of the Sith at Korriban. The writers seem to like that number for some reason.
39 years? No wonder Malgus looks *********** horrible now. xD

Eightus
11.05.2012 , 05:56 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Setsugetsuka View Post
39 years? No wonder Malgus looks *********** horrible now. xD
Yep according to the Encyclopedia, Malgus is 60 years old at the start of the game.

Uluain
11.05.2012 , 11:42 AM | #25
Something the Encyclopedia didn't clear up for me is who the hell Sovran is and why I keep finding his old lightsabers.

Beniboybling
11.05.2012 , 11:56 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
Malgus himself is unlikely to play any future roles, considering Lead Writer Hall Hood has confirmed that Malgus is dead. If anything, his only known apprentice, Darth Karrid, would continue his path. Then again, the Sith Inquisitor may also do something to similiar extend since he/she also supports the change within the Empire, to what extend that happens is of course up to the player.

As far as "plot devices" go, there is still the Infinite Engine from Revan's complex on Nar Shaddaa. Let's say a powerful Sith Lord (like that ominous Keeper of Mysterious or Darth Nox, who afterall is in charge of the Pyramid of Ancient Knowledge) gets a hold of it and manages to make it grow very fast through some sort of Dark Side ritual, they would have the means to get themselves another Foundry or Star Forge.
Really? I'm sure in that interview he just stated that the stuff on Wookiepedia was false because his fate has not been confirmed yet. He seems far to important a character to just kill off. What's more, doesn't his 'death' seem a bit strange too you, there is a clear game mechanic put in their that means at the end of the battle he always falls in the pit. You see no body die, no cutscene. What other characters have fallen in pits and come back, Darth Maul, Darth Sidious, Luke Skywalker, hell there's probably some alternate universe where Mace Windu comes back - I highly doubt Malgus is dead, all the signs indicate he isn't. I see him as a candidate for replacing the Sith Emperor.

ElyonRand
11.05.2012 , 03:30 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
...What other characters have fallen in pits and come back, Darth Maul, Darth Sidious, Luke Skywalker...
Boba Fett? I mean the Sarlacc is kind of a hole in the ground...

Beniboybling
11.05.2012 , 03:42 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ElyonRand View Post
Boba Fett? I mean the Sarlacc is kind of a hole in the ground...
True, very true - death by pit = still alive

Rayla_Felana
11.05.2012 , 04:52 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Something the Encyclopedia didn't clear up for me is who the hell Sovran is and why I keep finding his old lightsabers.
Lol I don't know if you're joking or not, but actually wookiee it, it's a very interesting story.

JacenHallis
11.05.2012 , 05:32 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Lol I don't know if you're joking or not, but actually wookiee it, it's a very interesting story.
A search for "sovran" on wookieepedia returns no results.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.