Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoints with companions

Drackkor
11.04.2012 , 08:42 AM | #41
Lots of nice comments here. Well MMO's in my opinion are designed for solo & raid minded people. But there are a lot of times where you will be waiting for over a 1/2 hour waiting for a flashpoint. So doing a flashpoint with just you and 3 of your companions makes good sense. And will keep people interested in playing this game. A lot of people left this game because lack of things to do at lvl 50 that doesn't require a full group. If we don't have more options with companions why even bother rolling out HK-51? So we can all stand around on the fleet and look at him? Dailys are fine but really no great story lines like flashpoints for companion interaction.

FINNT
11.04.2012 , 10:02 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by MachoLL View Post
Uhm, this is a MMO it's not supposed to be played solo... And I ain't sure what you're proposing... Are you saying that you should be able to have multiple companions out at once? And it have already been proved that flash points can be solo'ed by a well geared level 50. Though it does seem they are trying to prevent it, malgus has started to insta-kill me...
So they made 8 soloable stroylines because they are very much against players subscribing and playing solo
:laser:

Drackkor
11.04.2012 , 01:49 PM | #43
ok but what will you do with HK-51? Same old dailys? Could see companions in a bigger role with team dynamics.

AshlaBoga
11.04.2012 , 02:29 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by FINNT View Post
So they made 8 soloable stroylines because they are very much against players subscribing and playing solo
Touché
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

FINNT
11.04.2012 , 03:26 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Touché
/courtesy bow
:laser:

DarthSylar
11.04.2012 , 05:01 PM | #46
I think it's gonna take longer than people think. For starters you would need about the same amount of options for companion AI as Dragon Age: Origins. Also you would need the difficulty for all flash points to be tweaked.

And those that enjoy grouping are still waiting for Hard Modes for several flash points and realistically that will come first (devs have said it's being worked on now).

If you wanna just do the story, many of the flashpoints can be solo'd at 50.

Black Talon/The Essells
Hammer Station
Atheis
Mandalorian Raiders
Cademimu
Boarding Party/Taral V
Foundry/Malestrom Prison

can all be solo'd with a companion

happysister
11.04.2012 , 05:11 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan-the-knight View Post
Id rather have Specific Companion Flashpoints where its you and your entire crew with unique rewards, maybe companion specific gear? instead of having "solo mode" for existing flashpoints
i would go for this. maybe make it a way to earn end game gear for your companions instead of grinding out more BH coms after you finish out your toon's set. i could totally see my smuggler going to a terminal on Port Nowhere to check for daily "smuggling jobs" where things might go wrong and she and her crew end up having to fight their way out of a hutt's palace. though it would be hard to make fights as epic as they can be in FPs/Ops due to the fact that companions aren't as smart as human players. still, would be awesome to see them all interact with each other.
Lorhin - Sharpshooter Gunslinger
Sashel - Sawbones Scoundrel

GrandMike
11.06.2012 , 09:02 AM | #48
Great idea.

Too bad BW missed the mark, and yet again, those who group can (ironically) solo much more than those who dont.

Well, most of original SWTOR dev team was fired so we might get some great ideas come through (finally, though i dont hope for much).

P.S. just ignore group freaks who shout "this is MMO, do you know what that means?" yes we know, but you dont

Lostpenguins
11.06.2012 , 09:51 AM | #49
This isn't KOTOR 3.
This isn't a single player RPG.
Accept it.
Move on.

GrandMike
11.06.2012 , 10:06 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
This isn't KOTOR 3.
This isn't a single player RPG.
Accept it.
Move on.
Dont worry, enough people have moved on so more than half of staff was fired and it goes F2P in less than a year, EA refuses to release sub numbers (yah, thos are THAT bad), game has gone from 220+ servers to 20, and we still have people like you preaching others to move on (yah i was here long time before release and people like you preached the same thing, you got what you wanted and we all can see how THAT turned out)
Do you insist on SWTOR shutting down?

Just hope that new dev team has more sense than the old one.