Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

this "original story" might not even mess with the current EU

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
this "original story" might not even mess with the current EU

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
11.04.2012 , 11:10 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Refer to the other thread where you listed those things. Remember TFU and how you said it was G-Canon? Prepare to eat those words.
I didn't say that Lucas arts and George Lucas said it was.

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
11.04.2012 , 11:12 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
I didn't say that Lucas arts and George Lucas said it was.
Well, considering that they use the SAME CLONING PROCESS as described in The Thrawn Trilogy....
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Temeluchus's Avatar


Temeluchus
11.04.2012 , 11:12 AM | #63
Why all the doom and gloom when the EU has been specifically stated by Lucas, Chee and others at LA as being in a parallel universe to the movie universe(incluing TCW tv series) for years now? Sometimes the two universes run together as in novelizations of the movies, specific characters and the like, but they are meant to not intrude on each other.

Any reboot,remake,or expansion of the movies Disney does, no matter how bad or good, will take place in the Movie Universe and not the EU. The sky isn't falling, EU fans, and if you are lucky Disney may elevate some of our favorite EU stories up in canon by adding them to the Movie Universe.


Just because inevitably someone will ask for a source :

"There are two worlds here," explained Lucas. "Thereís my world, which is the movies, and thereís this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universeóthe licensing world of the books, games and comic books. They donít intrude on my world, which is a select period of time, [but] they do intrude in between the movies. I donít get too involved in the parallel universe."

"When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions."
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.Ē

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
11.04.2012 , 11:19 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
Why all the doom and gloom when the EU has been specifically stated by Lucas, Chee and others at LA as being in a parallel universe to the movie universe(incluing TCW tv series) for years now? Sometimes the two universes run together as in novelizations of the movies, specific characters and the like, but they are meant to not intrude on each other.

Any reboot,remake,or expansion of the movies Disney does, no matter how bad or good, will take place in the Movie Universe and not the EU. The sky isn't falling, EU fans, and if you are lucky Disney may elevate some of our favorite EU stories up in canon by adding them to the Movie Universe.


Just because inevitably someone will ask for a source :

"There are two worlds here," explained Lucas. "Thereís my world, which is the movies, and thereís this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universeóthe licensing world of the books, games and comic books. They donít intrude on my world, which is a select period of time, [but] they do intrude in between the movies. I donít get too involved in the parallel universe."

"When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions."
He also stated that he tries not to interfere in their universe.

The Universes:
OT/PT/TCW is George's realm alone.
OT/PT/ExU is the Films + Expanded Universe overlap.
OT/PT/Disney is probably the new one that was just created when Disney bought out Lucas.

My point is that having two universes.... well, three now, technically, isn't necessarily a bad thing. We'll have to wait and see how Leland Chee redoes the Canon system to fit, though. So far, the universes have overlapped to a certain degree. With George Lucas even giving his endorsement for several Expanded Universe projects that took place between movies and after RotJ. He's tried to distance himself from it lately, though. Can't say I blame him after the whole "Starwars Ball Z" debacle the latest ExU novels have turned into.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
11.04.2012 , 11:21 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Well, considering that they use the SAME CLONING PROCESS as described in The Thrawn Trilogy....
ummm except they don't. We know that they dont

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
11.04.2012 , 12:15 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
ummm except they don't. We know that they dont
They do and you know it. Last reply to you, here. Your constant arguing with everything anyone says that doesn't fit your narrow view of what "Canon" should be is just too much. You start arguments for the sake of arguments, and I've had it. In case you don't know yet, you are now going on my Ignore list, and you're staying there. I for one have had enough of your amateur hour "Canon debates". You never post anything to back up what you say to the extent that you actually prove anything.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
11.04.2012 , 12:36 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
They do and you know it. Last reply to you, here. Your constant arguing with everything anyone says that doesn't fit your narrow view of what "Canon" should be is just too much. You start arguments for the sake of arguments, and I've had it. In case you don't know yet, you are now going on my Ignore list, and you're staying there. I for one have had enough of your amateur hour "Canon debates". You never post anything to back up what you say to the extent that you actually prove anything.
umm I did post things to back up all my arguements. It's not my fault you haven't read the Thrawn Trilogy.

The cloning procses used in the thrawn trilogy needs islamri to keep the force away. They are also able to grow fully grown clones inside of 20 days.

In ATOC we learn they clone them to the age of kids and then use accelerated growth techinics to train them and they grow up to full clone soldiers.

In Thrawn they keep them in the tubes until they are mature.

So you finnally realized how wrong you are and have decided to just put me on ignore. That's fine with me you always were bad at debating over lore and canon.

Concession accepted.

I just had a vision of Captain_ZOne twtiching like Sheldon and then his head exploding due to the fact he can't admit he has been wrong all this time.

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
11.04.2012 , 01:42 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
umm I did post things to back up all my arguements. It's not my fault you haven't read the Thrawn Trilogy.

The cloning procses used in the thrawn trilogy needs islamri to keep the force away. They are also able to grow fully grown clones inside of 20 days.

In ATOC we learn they clone them to the age of kids and then use accelerated growth techinics to train them and they grow up to full clone soldiers.

In Thrawn they keep them in the tubes until they are mature.

So you finnally realized how wrong you are and have decided to just put me on ignore. That's fine with me you always were bad at debating over lore and canon.

Concession accepted.

I just had a vision of Captain_ZOne twtiching like Sheldon and then his head exploding due to the fact he can't admit he has been wrong all this time.
I concede nothing to you, besides the fact that since I just looked it up, the cloning process is slightly different. I was wrong about the cloning process, due to not having read the series in quite a while. So what? Doesn't change the fact that there could be other cloning processes out there that you didn't know about. Your rigid view of "It's the only one, there can't be any others" is inherently flawed and wrong. Why don't you get that?

I saw your reply on the "Does George still have any say in what Disney does" thread and that actually gave me a lot of insight into your way of thinking. Do you know for a fact that he didn't put a clause in the contract that gives him limited creative input or oversight? No. Unless you are in fact George Lucas or the CEO of Disney, you do not. Leland Chee, on the other hand, knows how to make puzzle pieces fit when the puzzle itself changes. He allows for other points of view besides the POV of the characters involved in the story itself. Seriously, dude. Just stop before you make an even bigger fool of yourself.

Now, you can stop replying. You are officially /ignored.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

DaWaffle's Avatar


DaWaffle
11.04.2012 , 01:49 PM | #69
I'm personally hoping that they use it as an oppurtunity to get rid of some of the more outlandish aspects of the EU, eg, the Emperor clones, people tossing around fleets, etc.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
11.04.2012 , 01:59 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
I concede nothing to you, besides the fact that since I just looked it up, the cloning process is slightly different. I was wrong about the cloning process, due to not having read the series in quite a while. So what? Doesn't change the fact that there could be other cloning processes out there that you didn't know about. Your rigid view of "It's the only one, there can't be any others" is inherently flawed and wrong. Why don't you get that?

I saw your reply on the "Does George still have any say in what Disney does" thread and that actually gave me a lot of insight into your way of thinking. Do you know for a fact that he didn't put a clause in the contract that gives him limited creative input or oversight? No. Unless you are in fact George Lucas or the CEO of Disney, you do not. Leland Chee, on the other hand, knows how to make puzzle pieces fit when the puzzle itself changes. He allows for other points of view besides the POV of the characters involved in the story itself. Seriously, dude. Just stop before you make an even bigger fool of yourself.

Now, you can stop replying. You are officially /ignored.
oh so once again I'm right except this time you are finally admitting you are wrong. You are trying to make rationals out of things that aren't canon.

Especially when the cloning processes that Thrawn uses is supposed to be the same one used during the clone wars. I'm starting to think you NEVER read the Thrawn trilogy as you get basic things wrong. As for the Nohgri like I said before there was a battle. AFTER THE BATTLE Darth Vader came down and offfered the EMPERORS help to them.

Now you have to remember the frame of refernce. When this was written all we had was the original trilogy. So all we had was "Anakin fought in the clone wars." and "Darth vader betrayed and joined the Emperor and hunted down the Jedi"
So we have a betrayl by Anakin and him joining the Emperor. Remember we had no idea what the Clone wars were at this time. Not even Lucas really knew. That is why the common thought was the Clone wars were about the Jedi vs the Emperor and his clones. This is evident from reading the Thrawn Trilogy and other sources.

This is why in the Thrawn Trilogy it is stated that the Nohgri are met by Darth Vader and the Emperor after a battle during the clone wars.

Time and time again I have proved you wrong and you just get all mr grumpy pants because you really have no idea whats going on in Star Wars.

I hope you appreciate these lessons as I school you in Star Wars lore.


concession accepted.