Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

this "original story" might not even mess with the current EU

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
this "original story" might not even mess with the current EU

jarjarloves
11.04.2012 , 08:40 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
The events of TFU occurred before a New Hope, 3 BBY - 1 BBY and the events of TFU 2 occur in 1 BBY. So before a New Hope all those Jedi Starkiller hunt down are dead and Rahm Kota for a time is presumed dead and never actually meets Yoda or Obi Wan. Whatsmore, there is still a year between the events of a New Hope and the end of TFU 2 and I assume in that period Rahm Kota dies and Vader escapes. As for that stuff about Starkiller visiting Yoda, for one he was a clone and secondly he could also easily, and probably most likely, have died between 1BBY and 0 BBY. I expect this will all be cleared up in TFU 3 or some other material and the Star Wars timeline will continued unpeturbed.
doesn't matter if he is a clone or not the fact that he is more powerful with the force then Vader or Skywalker should have been a huge tip off.

Yoda wants to destroy the sith and this guy just strolls on through with the ability to pull a Star Destroyer out of space? Even Yoda can't do that.

Of course then we have the opening crawl of A New Hope which invalidates anything that could be considered a victory for the rebelion.

of course we shouldn't even be having this discusion if it was done right. A good continuity shouldn't leave room for interperation.

Which is why I'm happy that they are relaunching the EU at least the Post ROTJ EU

Beniboybling
11.04.2012 , 08:50 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
doesn't matter if he is a clone or not the fact that he is more powerful with the force then Vader or Skywalker should have been a huge tip off.

Yoda wants to destroy the sith and this guy just strolls on through with the ability to pull a Star Destroyer out of space? Even Yoda can't do that.

Of course then we have the opening crawl of A New Hope which invalidates anything that could be considered a victory for the rebelion.
What did you expect Yoda to do? He can't train him as a Jedi, he's already been trained in the ways of the Force, and he can't tell him to go fight the Emperor and Darth Vader, because he already is doing that. All Yoda could do is let him follow his own path and let the Force guide him, and that's what he did. Your right about the opening crawl though, the Battle of Kamino seems to conflict with it. But hey, there must be countless conflictions in the Star Wars universe and this is a fairly minor one, after all the opening crawl is sort of an out of universe thing. The events said there can be easily altered (there is no actual dialogue in the film that validates what is said there).

jarjarloves
11.04.2012 , 09:34 AM | #53
What did you expect Yoda to do? He can't train him as a Jedi, he's already been trained in the ways of the Force, and he can't tell him to go fight the Emperor and Darth Vader, because he already is doing that. All Yoda could do is let him follow his own path and let the Force guide him, and that's what he did. Your right about the opening crawl though, the Battle of Kamino seems to conflict with it. But hey, there must be countless conflictions in the Star Wars universe and this is a fairly minor one, after all the opening crawl is sort of an out of universe thing. The events said there can be easily altered (there is no actual dialogue in the film that validates what is said there).
well that's just it. According to Star Wars canon if anything contradicts the movies it's considered non canon.

Beniboybling
11.04.2012 , 09:36 AM | #54
well that's just it. According to Star Wars canon if anything contradicts the movies it's considered non canon.
True. Non-canon is a bit far, seeing as they made Starkiller so integral to the star wars story (birth of the rebellion etc.) but I wouldn't go as far to say its G-Canon, just C-Canon

jarjarloves
11.04.2012 , 09:51 AM | #55
True. Non-canon is a bit far, seeing as they made Starkiller so integral to the star wars story (birth of the rebellion etc.) but I wouldn't go as far to say its G-Canon, just C-Canon
but even C-canon can't contradict G-canon. This is why so many fans were pissed off when the prequels made a lot of C-canon stuff N-canon.

Wolfninjajedi
11.04.2012 , 09:54 AM | #56
Edit: Nvrm this ain't the place for it.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Captain_Zone
11.04.2012 , 10:24 AM | #57
this was different they even promoted it as being G-canon. It was pretty much just a sales stunt but they went around claiming this is the only official new star wars thing we will be getting.

even if it is C-canon it still contradicts G-canon which would make it N-canon.
No, they said that George Lucas endorsed it as keeping with the story of Star Wars. He didn't write it himself. He said THE EXACT SAME THING about Shadows of the Empire and The Thrawn Trilogy when they first came out. Does that make Shadows and Thrawn G-Canon as well? No. Still C-Canon.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Captain_Zone
11.04.2012 , 10:36 AM | #58
but even C-canon can't contradict G-canon. This is why so many fans were pissed off when the prequels made a lot of C-canon stuff N-canon.
List them. Here, I'll even give you a hand with a couple of them.

Jaster Mereel: Originally put forward as Boba Fett's "real name" in the Tales collection of short stories. When it was relegated to S-Canon by the Episode II retcon, it was no longer associated with being Fett's real name. It was kept as an alias he used in certain situations. When the character of Jaster Mereel was invented as Jango's mentor, it was an all new character, and didn't override the G-Canon retcon of Boba Fett's "real name".

The account of The Clone Wars in The Thrawn Trilogy: Kept as an S-Canon rumor thanks to the "Certain Point of View" logic applied to a lot of Star Wars "facts". Seen from outside, not knowing of Order 66, a lot of people would see the Clones as going insane.

Now, you said "A Lot of stuff." What else besides those retcons to S-CANON was retconned by the Prequels?
. OPOD

jarjarloves
11.04.2012 , 10:54 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
List them. Here, I'll even give you a hand with a couple of them.

Jaster Mereel: Originally put forward as Boba Fett's "real name" in the Tales collection of short stories. When it was relegated to S-Canon by the Episode II retcon, it was no longer associated with being Fett's real name. It was kept as an alias he used in certain situations. When the character of Jaster Mereel was invented as Jango's mentor, it was an all new character, and didn't override the G-Canon retcon of Boba Fett's "real name".

The account of The Clone Wars in The Thrawn Trilogy: Kept as an S-Canon rumor thanks to the "Certain Point of View" logic applied to a lot of Star Wars "facts". Seen from outside, not knowing of Order 66, a lot of people would see the Clones as going insane.

Now, you said "A Lot of stuff." What else besides those retcons to S-CANON was retconned by the Prequels?
off the top of my head

The big one is obviuosly

"Anakin is meant to DESTROY the sith and bring balance to the force"

then we got all of Boba Fett and Jango Fetts back stories

The Entire bounty hunter triology is non canon due to the events during the Clone Wars

The Katana Fleet doesn't exist

Luuke Skywalker doesn't exist

Cloning as described in Thrawn Triology doesn't exist

The Nohgris meeting with Darth Vader never happens

again just off the top of my head.

Captain_Zone
11.04.2012 , 11:05 AM | #60
off the top of my head

The big one is obviuosly

"Anakin is meant to DESTROY the sith and bring balance to the force"

then we got all of Boba Fett and Jango Fetts back stories

The Entire bounty hunter triology is non canon due to the events during the Clone Wars

The Katana Fleet doesn't exist

Luuke Skywalker doesn't exist

Cloning as described in Thrawn Triology doesn't exist

The Nohgris meeting with Darth Vader never happens

again just off the top of my head.
Refer to the other thread where you listed those things. Remember TFU and how you said it was G-Canon? Prepare to eat those words.
. OPOD