Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

denpic
11.03.2012 , 07:31 PM | #841
Yes if they just merged the 3 we'd have an awesome super server population wise Rivalling some of the us servers a rough guess would be around 400-500 subs in the Apac reigon spread across the 3 servers so here's to hoping they merge shortly after f2p because Its obvious its the only solution

Snorlaxo
11.03.2012 , 08:56 PM | #842
Quote: Originally Posted by scullzomben View Post
Posting this again because people dont seem to understand how bad our server is

...Let me do it for you
etc
Got next week's lotto numbers?

Im on Master Dar'Nala too, I know its bad.
This campaign only makes sense post f2p. We're essentially asking them to hold up on the game changing system of f2p that will increase players and revenue across the board, to accomodate us, a minority of players. Let them finish up the huge change and if it is underwhelming to APAC, then this is all fair game.

They've said their busy with f2p. They are on a 6 week deadline. They can't screw that up if they want to improve their image. If they humoured us now, it'd mean f2pers can't even get a choice of pvp/pve/rp. That is a deterant as well as the population numbers being light. Either option is going to hurt. I can't blame them for taking the option with less work and headache.

I support a mega-server but I think they are not in a position to do it right now.
(█∭∭∭∭██(o)█Ξ█|/[▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

cuttothechase
11.04.2012 , 12:21 AM | #843
Quote: Originally Posted by Snorlaxo View Post

This campaign only makes sense post f2p. We're essentially asking them to hold up on the game changing system of f2p that will increase players and revenue across the board, to accomodate us, a minority of players. Let them finish up the huge change and if it is underwhelming to APAC, then this is all fair game.

They've said their busy with f2p. They are on a 6 week deadline. They can't screw that up if they want to improve their image. If they humoured us now, it'd mean f2pers can't even get a choice of pvp/pve/rp. That is a deterant as well as the population numbers being light. Either option is going to hurt. I can't blame them for taking the option with less work and headache.

I support a mega-server but I think they are not in a position to do it right now.
No...we're asking for communication to make educated decisions...they promised updates..they did not.

darthnish
11.04.2012 , 12:57 AM | #844
**** this ****, ive been keeping this to my self for a ges, its time you guys knew, i GOT A TRANSFER off gav daragon to dalborra, all i had to do is call them nicely and ask them, persistence payed off for me only took 3 phonecalls every day for 3 days

elitenz
11.04.2012 , 02:20 AM | #845
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
**** this ****, ive been keeping this to my self for a ges, its time you guys knew, i GOT A TRANSFER off gav daragon to dalborra, all i had to do is call them nicely and ask them, persistence payed off for me only took 3 phonecalls every day for 3 days
When was this transfer done ?

darthnish
11.04.2012 , 08:20 AM | #846
Quote: Originally Posted by elitenz View Post
When was this transfer done ?
around 3 weeks ago, if it helps my char names are snivy(orgin and destination) tiemi(origin) tiemie(destination, balaur(origin) and scopius(destination) , if you want you can use these names when you place your call as proof. ALso use skype its free if youcall via skype.

Let me know how it goes if you guys try

Evgen
11.04.2012 , 06:00 PM | #847

cows go moo, sheep go baaa, MMORPGers go the pvp is unbalanced - The escapist
I can't believe it!

You really should credit the person that said the line in your sig, not the site he works for
Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw

The fact they gave you a transfer is more amazing though. Of course the more they do the less likely they will be to do more.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

Evgen
11.04.2012 , 06:16 PM | #848
Quote: Originally Posted by Snorlaxo View Post

First, yes, I'm seeing a 4 . . . could be a seven, and an 8, definitely an 8, although it could be a 9.

And, no, and no. They already have a system to merge servers. Support can now apparently perform these mergers, which means the 1 night of work to perform these mergers shouldn't be a deterrent to actually doing it and pleasing a lot of their current paying customers.

Seriously, why would any new players join any of the AP servers?
If they ask now people will tell them they are dead. What would you tell some one? I'd tell them wait, or don't bother.
If they don't know, and try F2P, they will either see the non AP servers have higher pop and play there, or try the AP servers, find out from chat the servers are dead, or by actually playing the game. And then not having invested too much time in an AP server try a US server, which from what I hear don't have the lag spikes we get on APAC either, and have a much better experience and stay there. Didn't you do research before choosing your server?
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

Chaori
11.04.2012 , 07:31 PM | #849
As a Guildmaster I'm worried about what potential server transfers will do to my guild. At this stage I do not support transfers to one of the other servers as it would completely ruin what we have worked towards.

Guild is still going strong even with the dismal population, 230+ active members and 4 operations teams in HM TFB every week. We sometimes have more people online in Guild than are on the Fleet :/

Please do a server merge not just transfer people away.

elitenz
11.04.2012 , 07:58 PM | #850
around 3 weeks ago, if it helps my char names are snivy(orgin and destination) tiemi(origin) tiemie(destination, balaur(origin) and scopius(destination) , if you want you can use these names when you place your call as proof. ALso use skype its free if youcall via skype.

Let me know how it goes if you guys try
Support are telling me that they never done any transfers for anyone on the Oceanic servers over the last 60 days and this includes from another server in the Oceanic region to Dalborra. Do you have any proof this was done because they are denying it all and saying it's not possible at this stage. I am not saying your lying but if they have done this I wan't to see proof if it's good for 1 person then all should be entitled to this outcome because they are all going through the same issue you had.