How do you Defeat the Emperor?

Azurian

I've been trying to fighting him for the past 30 Minutes and he keeps 1-shotting my character and the repair bills have completely drained my savings to the point I can't do anymore.

I think part of my problem is that Bioware stuck me with T7 whose gear is terrible and now I don't have the funds to even upgrade him.

Edited by Azurian

Interrupt

He has a big cast time for Force bomb

You will have him targetted when he calls his followers

Its about 10 seconds, just use anything to interrupt him

Same way you beat other bosses

Also cycle your defensive buffs, and a timely health pack is doable,

you're probably close to 50 or even 50, so if you're in need of money I'll give you the same advice as I did a friend: go do a few dailies (Ilum, Belsavis or Corellia Black Hole). You'll earn a lot of money for the time invested (you DON'T have to do all the dailies, just pick the ones that are fast and easy to complete) and daily commendations that will allow you to purchase epic quality armoring and hilt in a few days (they only cost 8 commendations each).

Also, did you notice the little puzzle in the dark temple? If you complete it, you'll obtain a full set of moddable gear (green quality) for T7. It's enough for the fight or you can mod it if you want with better quality mods/augments.

And last but not least, for the fight itself, do as the above posters wrote:

- keep your focus on the real emperor

- interrupt

- use your heroic moment and your cooldowns

It's supposed to be difficult, it's an epic fight with the Emperor. With the difficulty comes the sense of toppling a mountain.

Interrupt interrupt interrupt interrupt interrupt interrupt interrupt interrupt interrupt.

Interrupt.

and do the puzzle thingy that gets you the T7 gear too.

I hated this fight and almost threw all my toys out of the pram doing it. Managed to kill him on my 4th attempt and it was a massive anti-climax because I was so busy checking for that one-shot ability that I never noticed I'd killed him until it was all over. Annoying really because the rest of the JK story I enjoyed.

Use your interrupts. If your main interrupt is on cooldown, hit him with a force push or force stasis. If those are on cooldown, stop attacking and smash your interrupt button as fast as possible, you may be able to set it off in the .5 seconds left he has to cast his loldeath attack.

You can also use this same tactic to solo champion mobs.

• 4 months later...

I defeated him yesterday at the first attempt.

I write this message because I'm astonished, and I would know what happened ;)

I read some tactic suggestions from this thread (interruptions, the use of columns, the clones etc.). I updated T7 nicely. And I thought to be ready.

Dromund Kaas, the temple and the bunker were easy, no hard mob, on the contrary... Just some difficulties with imperial guard master: corelia was harder, for me.

But this last fight was dreadful. Every my abilities was blocked. No master strike, no dispatch (I'm sentinel), no possibilities to do rotation, just strike and slash, force leap and force sweep. I was surrounded by the clones (I think they were 5 or six, but i'm not sure) and hit by their lightnings, T7 dead and I was already thinking about the medical probe. Well, in the end I tried everything, (rakata relic, guarded by the force + medical supplies), but I saw the situation as hopeless.

And in few seconds the clones disappeared, the Emp beaten and I won, with the minimum of healt, but alive and winner, and I don't know why...

And the worst is that when I tried also Force camouflage (escape at the last second...) my alt disappeared, I think for a bug. After the last conversation, my alt was still invisible. I tried to log off/log in, and I reapeared near the shuttle.

I can say that I'm not satisfied of this fight. And I think I can't try it again, right?

I hoped for a better final battle...

Problaby I was not lucky

Do you really want to know what I did?

The night my Sentinel hit 50, my guild imediately rushed her into EV followed immediately by KP. After about 2-3 hours, my girl was pretty much geared out. Mostly because no one else really needed the drops, lol. Since I had my own gear, I used my credits to gear up T7 via the GTN.

The next day I went off to Dromund Kaas. Using a healthy number of interrupts, I managed to pretty much wipe the floor with the Emperor. I killed him so fast I was left wondering if I'd really killed him. Or if, perhaps, there was something to the fight I'd missed and he was about to appear again to hit on me some more.

It was funny, honestly.

...woooooow............ bugged as hell!!! ..like most people, i tried and tried and tried beating the emporer time and time again and spent sh*tloads on repair. ..people keep saying 'use interrupt like crazy' ...well,interrupt was worthless;the cooldown was way too long which added to the ineffectiveness,T7 was worthless,heroic moment was no use at all ; every try when i'd pop it the emporer would throw me across the map and regardless of my health amount i'd land dead. nothing anyone posted in here was worth a crap and every aspect of the mission was garbage. so against my better judgement, i thought what the heck...siiiigh...one last shot. so after all that bullsh*t for two days of wasted time, ineffective and worthless tactics and tons of wasted money, other than running my fist through the monitor i thought ***, one last try.... ...so i walked right up to the emporer on his throne,never attacked him but rather backed away from him preparing for HIM to attack and i noticed he followed me rather than attacking me. then suddenly it said "speak to the emporer" and he was knelt down holding his side in front of me with the green "turn in" emblem above his head.....i was like ***??? i never took a swat at him and suddenly he's down and beaten.

...woooooow............ bugged as hell!!! ..like most people, i tried and tried and tried beating the emporer time and time again and spent sh*tloads on repair. ..people keep saying 'use interrupt like crazy' ...well,interrupt was worthless;the cooldown was way too long which added to the ineffectiveness,T7 was worthless,heroic moment was no use at all ; every try when i'd pop it the emporer would throw me across the map and regardless of my health amount i'd land dead. nothing anyone posted in here was worth a crap and every aspect of the mission was garbage. so against my better judgement, i thought what the heck...siiiigh...one last shot. so after all that bullsh*t for two days of wasted time, ineffective and worthless tactics and tons of wasted money, other than running my fist through the monitor i thought ***, one last try.... ...so i walked right up to the emporer on his throne,never attacked him but rather backed away from him preparing for HIM to attack and i noticed he followed me rather than attacking me. then suddenly it said "speak to the emporer" and he was knelt down holding his side in front of me with the green "turn in" emblem above his head.....i was like ***??? i never took a swat at him and suddenly he's down and beaten.

Ok,

your experience is dreadful.

I waited this final fight since i read the novel "Revan".

Really, I also waited mr Scourge... but he was useless, as I used him: in every fight he suicides, and I put him in an angle to craft hilt and crystal. He was a delusion.

And so was this last fight, after I haven't used my sentinel anymore. I dreamed that moment for long, but..

no aspectative=no delusion :o

Bring a smuggler.

After you're ganked horribly in the first few seconds of the fight, watch as the emperor is nut kicked, blaster whipped, and face blasted into submission by some random kid from the wrong side of the tracks.

. . .At least that's how it worked when I helped a JK friend.

• 1 month later...

Didn't have any trouble with the emperor the second time.

On the first try, i've been one shot by a spell called 'force blast" (not lightning blast) which inflicted me 40k damage. But i did notice that all of his other attacks were just painless.

I'm Jedi Sentinel "Combat", with 11k hp, about 600damage so not an "extroardinary stuff". I've fought with the ataru stance.

Just focus him and only him, don't pay attention to his mirror images.

Don't try to play "smart" or strategicaly, just hit hit hit... and kick his "one shot" spell

Fight like this, and he will fall as quick as a silver mob does....

Very disappointing fight...

Edited by MisdrhaalSw

• 4 months later...

killed him on my second try at lvl 48 as a tank-spec guardian; though i cheated it and used HK-51 as I've kept him geared to max level with drops and blue augments. it was still rough even with interrupt spamming and i wished i'd respec'd dps and brought some stims and healthpacks. spam interrupt and boomshakalaka.

and if you've unlocked HK buy him for your jedi guardian and you'll have a better time than T7 :)

killed him on my second try at lvl 48 as a tank-spec guardian; though i cheated it and used HK-51 as I've kept him geared to max level with drops and blue augments. it was still rough even with interrupt spamming and i wished i'd respec'd dps and brought some stims and healthpacks. spam interrupt and boomshakalaka.

and if you've unlocked HK buy him for your jedi guardian and you'll have a better time than T7 :)

Did HK do anything specific in the cutscenes?

OP I recently defeated him and was worried about the fight too. But he wasn't hard at all (Got him in one try and didn't even had to use the Heroic ability)

The strategy here as many others have said, interupt his casting abilities. If you do that then he will hardly do any damage at all.

Also make sure you do the laser puzzle in the temple before you meet the Emperor, it contains lvl 50 green gear for T7 and can make a big difference in your fight.

Good luck! ;)