Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What to do with worthless Daily Comms?

QuietGoneJinn
11.03.2012 , 07:38 PM | #1
So I'm a PvPer, so PvE gear isn't really useful to me. I only do the dailes because of the HUGE discrepancy in credit payouts:

PvE: 15 minutes = 75-100k credits
PvP: 15 minutes = 2k-6k credits

So in the meantime I've racked up an ungodly amount of Daily Comms that I can do NOTHING with. I have the Ear/Implant/Relics/Elite Sabers of War Hero and the rest is Battlemaster. All of it surpasses everything I can get with Dailies or is worse because it lacks the Expertise rating.

I wish they'd let me buy Black Hole/Rakata gear with them so I could at least use the shells for an aesthetic bonus. I don't care if it was an unbalanced ratio like the WZ-to-RWZ comms. Like 50 Dailies = 1 Black Hole or something.

???

TheNahash
11.03.2012 , 08:18 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by QuietGoneJinn View Post
So I'm a PvPer, so PvE gear isn't really useful to me. I only do the dailes because of the HUGE discrepancy in credit payouts:

So in the meantime I've racked up an ungodly amount of Daily Comms that I can do NOTHING with. I have the Ear/Implant/Relics/Elite Sabers of War Hero and the rest is Battlemaster. All of it surpasses everything I can get with Dailies or is worse because it lacks the Expertise rating.

I wish they'd let me buy Black Hole/Rakata gear with them so I could at least use the shells for an aesthetic bonus. I don't care if it was an unbalanced ratio like the WZ-to-RWZ comms. Like 50 Dailies = 1 Black Hole or something.
If you're an artificer you can get the campaign relics and re them
You can buy implants and sell them on the GTN or send them to an alt.
You can buy the red speeder

But yeah, I see your point. I wish I could use my daily comms to get BH comms. After a while Daily comms are meaningless.
???

AshlaBoga
11.03.2012 , 08:34 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by QuietGoneJinn View Post

???
I'd suggest buying the new Dread Guard Relic and REing it. It's 300 Daily Comms a relic. For the 1st month that they're out they'll probably sell for 1.5-2.0 Million credits. Sell 5 of them and that's 10 million credits.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

QuietGoneJinn
11.03.2012 , 09:45 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
I'd suggest buying the new Dread Guard Relic and REing it. It's 300 Daily Comms a relic. For the 1st month that they're out they'll probably sell for 1.5-2.0 Million credits. Sell 5 of them and that's 10 million credits.
Ooh! But what crafting skills REing Relics? I'm currently 400 Syntweaving and dont feel like grinding something back to 400.

Plus I use Synthweaving for my Mk-6 Augment kits.

Ardim
11.05.2012 , 12:09 AM | #5
Well you could buy Rakata Implants/Earpieces for your companions with Daily comms if some are undergeared.
The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Skradin: Mercenary Washington: Operative

Ms_Sunlight
11.05.2012 , 07:02 AM | #6
Don't do anything with them. Hang on to them. You never know what you'll be able to buy with comms in future.

If you ever roll alts you can equip them with Rakata implants as soon as they ding 50. My powertech and operative started end game very nicely equipped thanks to legacy gear and comms.
Carilie - Scoundrel // Dastelen - Shadow // Dras'yra - Sniper // Elonie - Sorcerer // Undali - Powertech
Server: The Red Eclipse // Guild: The Onyx Guard / The Orbital Guard

WooliestWorm
11.05.2012 , 07:12 AM | #7
You need artifice to RE relics.

xstortion
11.05.2012 , 09:13 AM | #8
Not only this but they cap u at 1k which to me is kinda silly.

ICSWOR
11.05.2012 , 12:59 PM | #9
Save them for the new droid armor schematics coming in 1.5. Each schematic ranges from 75-110 daily comms each and there are 2 sets of armor(dps,tank) so thats alot of daily comms, with rating of 154 they will probably be the best gear you can get for your droid companion, namely HK-51. Scehmatics are tradeable.
Lu'cius - Shadow
Lu'cinda - Sentinel
Ascension

Arvig
11.05.2012 , 01:00 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by xstortion View Post
Not only this but they cap u at 1k which to me is kinda silly.
Why is it silly? There should be a cap so that people aren't using one character to gear up all of their alts. You know, encourage them to actually play more.