Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SneiK's Avatar


SneiK
11.03.2012 , 05:33 PM | #141
You really have trouble reading. All is not fine with the class. If you could read, you could spot them from my post.

The things that are wrong with the class, however, is not the things that people argue about. The DMG capability is there, people just don't know how to use it. And, no, I'm not talking about Arsenal.

Jherad's Avatar


Jherad
11.03.2012 , 05:36 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by SneiK View Post
You really have trouble reading. All is not fine with the class. If you could read, you could spot them from my post.
Yeah, I spotted a few things from your post. Revamp our pushback, and give us a self heal. Woopdedoop.

It'll take a bit more than that. I'm *definitely* not in the 'we need more damage' camp, as per my previous posts I think we're ok there - but better ways to bring that damage to bear, as well as some serious escape tools would be a big help.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

SneiK's Avatar


SneiK
11.03.2012 , 05:42 PM | #143
I don't like to bring up the role-playing aspects of the game too much, nor the fact that we have a heavy armor.

But I don't think the Mercs are supposed to run from a fight, and should not be too mobile. I'd love a Jetpack ability of some sort, sure, but I don't think those sorts of big changes are coming anytime soon. Fix to our push is my #1 concern, as it is really harming us as it is now. Then, is the fact that we can't handle burst either, just like the sorcs, so not giving us a heal when they get one, is unfair. They have force speed to escape burst as well. That's countering the light armor already.

What are you suggesting then? I just want these two things from the devs, or at least a response:

#1: The Pushback.

#2: The Selfheal.

Jherad's Avatar


Jherad
11.03.2012 , 05:51 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by SneiK View Post
I don't like to bring up the role-playing aspects of the game too much, nor the fact that we have a heavy armor.

But I don't think the Mercs are supposed to run from a fight, and should not be too mobile. I'd love a Jetpack ability of some sort, sure, but I don't think those sorts of big changes are coming anytime soon. Fix to our push is my #1 concern, as it is really harming us as it is now. Then, is the fact that we can't handle burst either, just like the sorcs, so not giving us a heal, when they get one, is unfair. They have force speed to escape burst as well. That's countering the light armor already.

What are you suggesting then? I just want these two things from the devs, or at least a response:

#1: The Pushback.

#2: The Selfheal.
To be honest, I'm not sure. I'm actually completely on your side when you talk about the RP/look-and-feel aspect of the class - It bothers me when people ask for more mobility, ie. the ability to LOS better, as I feel like the commando should be more immobile like the gunslinger is now (and the gunslinger should be jinking and running around).

The jetpack would be great, and is wildly popular on these forums. I'd personally like some kind of GT 'go-here' kinda jump which worked through immobility - but as you say, that's a lot of work and is a fairly big change.

Other than that, I'd like to see improvements to our defensive cooldowns (unnerfing charged barrier back to 2% low in the gunnery tree would be a help), as well as giving us tools to avoid interrupts.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

SneiK's Avatar


SneiK
11.03.2012 , 05:55 PM | #145
I agree with you, that we are somewhat susceptible to interrupts too much. Add to the fact that some abilities are on a cast time...

...So they get both interrupted AND LOSd.

HybridCode's Avatar


HybridCode
11.03.2012 , 06:20 PM | #146
I think everyone has had their piece, I really wish I could see what BW has in mind for fixing this. [Hint, Hint]

JediMasterKevinl's Avatar


JediMasterKevinl
11.03.2012 , 06:31 PM | #147
Not likely, but they fixed Vanguard so maybe they'll do the same for Mercs/Commandos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SheeeitL...e=watchhttp://

Where I post my videos that will allow you to experience the beams of Raptor Jesus, they're also terrible.

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
11.03.2012 , 06:54 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by SneiK View Post
I just finished #1 DPS Civil War (800k DMG), with a sorc being 2nd (700k), as a Merc DPS.

It was Ranked.

FUBAR vs. MVPs (2500-3000+ Rating)

...Oh, and I wasn't even full WH min maxed, like everybody else in both teams.


L2P issues?


Fix our push like you fixed the sorcs, and give us a self heal like you gave them. Problem fixed.
Oh, and it's lame that Merc Pyros have to spec into +2% endurance, to not gimp themselves, when PTs get 9% DMG on main rail crit ability (RP). Move alacrity bonus somewhere else, and give us +% on unload.

PS: The Sorc's middle tree is bad in PvP, so is the PT's (only due to dodgy PFT, however), so the Merc is not alone in that regard.
If you want better pushback resistance, there is a talent box for that.

um, we have self heals bud. LoS some and use them.

Again, the problem with Merc is NOT damage output. I have no problem putting up good dps numbers in warzones. The majority of warzones Im in I top the charts by large margins. The problem is, if I was playing a sniper I would be doing infinitely better.

If you compare classes at equal gear and equal skill levels, Merc is the bottom of the barrel for DPS. This is what we are saying with this thread; a highly skilled player will excel with a Merc, but would perform even better on a non-gimped class

SneiK's Avatar


SneiK
11.03.2012 , 07:03 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
If you want better pushback resistance, there is a talent box for that.

um, we have self heals bud. LoS some and use them.

Again, the problem with Merc is NOT damage output. I have no problem putting up good dps numbers in warzones. The majority of warzones Im in I top the charts by large margins. The problem is, if I was playing a sniper I would be doing infinitely better.

If you compare classes at equal gear and equal skill levels, Merc is the bottom of the barrel for DPS. This is what we are saying with this thread; a highly skilled player will excel with a Merc, but would perform even better on a non-gimped class
Ummm, the pushback is still 360 degrees, and has a horrible ability delay, so you will never push people where you want 'em, if they are moving (THAT is the problem. Keyboard turners/clickers might love their 360 pushback, but I take 15m cone instant anyday)

Read the patch notes, sorcs push was fixed. A cone 15m INSTANT (nearly no ability delay)

And again, read patch notes. Sorcs received a free self heal, INSTANT (I am not talking about the regular 1.5-2.0 sec casted ones lol)

And again, pushback increase is an Arsenal talent, which you can't reach if you want to PvP (= Pyro).

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
11.03.2012 , 08:03 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by SneiK View Post
Ummm, the pushback is still 360 degrees, and has a horrible ability delay, so you will never push people where you want 'em, if they are moving (THAT is the problem. Keyboard turners/clickers might love their 360 pushback, but I take 15m cone instant anyday)

Read the patch notes, sorcs push was fixed. A cone 15m INSTANT (nearly no ability delay)

And again, read patch notes. Sorcs received a free self heal, INSTANT (I am not talking about the regular 1.5-2.0 sec casted ones lol)

And again, pushback increase is an Arsenal talent, which you can't reach if you want to PvP (= Pyro).
you mean a knockback? why would you prefer to have a cone effect? there is nothing wrong with Mercs 360deg knockback right now, and it should not be "fixed" as you say. i have no problems with ability delay, and rarely have a problem with latency not showing people in the correct place. the ability to clear an entire ramp in huttball is very nice, and i would prefer for it to NOT be removed.

youre whining for an instant heal? lol. we've got 2 heals at our disposal right now, and have the ability to make one instant in a pinch. and giving us an instant heal is not going to help with our ability to maintain dps output while being mobile, which is the crux of the problems with Merc.