Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

this "original story" might not even mess with the current EU

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
this "original story" might not even mess with the current EU

Jenzali
11.03.2012 , 04:50 PM | #41
"Pissing off fans" is a fallacy. They'll continue to eat up anything with the words "Star Wars" in front of it.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

jarjarloves
11.03.2012 , 05:10 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
TFU is G-Canon???? Ummm, no. The Canon story in it is C-Canon at best, like with all Star Wars videogames that actually have multiple branching story paths. One outcome is C-Canon, while all the other endiings are N-Canon. TFU would have to be written or co-written by George Lucas himself to be G-Canon.

Who the hell ever said it was G-Canon???
oh so it would mean that it would take George Lucas to say it's offiically part of the story... if only he did

oh wait he did

http://web.archive.org/web/200807201...823817,00.html

Emperor_Kakashi
11.03.2012 , 07:12 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
Battlefront just takes battles that we know happend and allows you to play in them. Allthough if one side wins a battle thats not canon.
Don't you play as the 501st throughout the entire campaign mode? Showing their victories? I thought that part was canon.

Quote:
I mean you talk to Yoda on Degobah so how did this not come up when he talked to Luke?

"Oh hey watch out there is another Jedi who can pull entire Star Destroyers out of space. "
Well, that isn't really an inconsistency, Yoda didn't have any reason to bring up. It still fits in fine with the rest.

Captain_Zone
11.03.2012 , 11:33 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Emperor_Kakashi View Post
Don't you play as the 501st throughout the entire campaign mode? Showing their victories? I thought that part was canon.
It is. JarJar over there has a very skewed outlook on what is and isn't Canon. Story mode in Star Wars videogames is considered C-Canon. Gameplay mechanics aren't.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Captain_Zone
11.03.2012 , 11:36 PM | #45
oh so it would mean that it would take George Lucas to say it's offiically part of the story... if only he did

oh wait he did

http://web.archive.org/web/200807201...823817,00.html
He also said the same about the overall story in TCW. It's still classified as T-Canon. He also endorsed Shadows of the Empire and The Thrawn Trilogy, not to mention Dark Empire. Surprise, surprise! Those are STILL considered C-Canon. Seriously, for someone who claims he knows everything about the Star Wars Canon system, you really don't know squat.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

jarjarloves
11.04.2012 , 06:57 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
He also said the same about the overall story in TCW. It's still classified as T-Canon. He also endorsed Shadows of the Empire and The Thrawn Trilogy, not to mention Dark Empire. Surprise, surprise! Those are STILL considered C-Canon. Seriously, for someone who claims he knows everything about the Star Wars Canon system, you really don't know squat.
this was different they even promoted it as being G-canon. It was pretty much just a sales stunt but they went around claiming this is the only official new star wars thing we will be getting.

even if it is C-canon it still contradicts G-canon which would make it N-canon.

jarjarloves
11.04.2012 , 07:15 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Emperor_Kakashi View Post

Well, that isn't really an inconsistency, Yoda didn't have any reason to bring up. It still fits in fine with the rest.
I don't know telling Luke he is the last Jedi and then not mentioning that he just had another jedi come by the other day?

Then you got other things like the fact that there are all these Jedi running around when Obi Wan and Yoda are supposed to be the only ones left.

As for Battlefront it's more then just their campaigns there are several battles that don't take place as well as some you have to win to advance the story but in the actual canon they lose. I remember there was a website that had the all the details of the canon it broke. I'll see if I can find it.

Basicaly I would say Battlefront you have to take with a huge grain of salt.

Then you got other games like Star Wars Kinecs

Beniboybling
11.04.2012 , 07:30 AM | #48
I don't know telling Luke he is the last Jedi and then not mentioning that he just had another jedi come by the other day?

Then you got other things like the fact that there are all these Jedi running around when Obi Wan and Yoda are supposed to be the only ones left.
This has already been established in canon though, it was always canon that several Jedi - not just Obi Wan and Yoda survived Order 66 (otherwise there would have been no Jedi Purge after) and there is tons of canon story based around this, which basically makes up Darth Vader's (being Anakin as a Sith Lords) life story.

jarjarloves
11.04.2012 , 07:36 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
This has already been established in canon though, it was always canon that several Jedi - not just Obi Wan and Yoda survived Order 66 (otherwise there would have been no Jedi Purge after) and there is tons of canon story based around this, which basically makes up Darth Vader's (being Anakin as a Sith Lords) life story.
i'm talking about when A New Hope starts. At that point it's only supposed to be Obi Wan and Yoda.

Beniboybling
11.04.2012 , 08:23 AM | #50
i'm talking about when A New Hope starts. At that point it's only supposed to be Obi Wan and Yoda.
The events of TFU occurred before a New Hope, 3 BBY - 1 BBY and the events of TFU 2 occur in 1 BBY. So before a New Hope all those Jedi Starkiller hunt down are dead and Rahm Kota for a time is presumed dead and never actually meets Yoda or Obi Wan. Whatsmore, there is still a year between the events of a New Hope and the end of TFU 2 and I assume in that period Rahm Kota dies and Vader escapes. As for that stuff about Starkiller visiting Yoda, for one he was a clone and secondly he could also easily, and probably most likely, have died between 1BBY and 0 BBY. I expect this will all be cleared up in TFU 3 or some other material and the Star Wars timeline will continued unpeturbed.