Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For LS Sith Warrior, Why does Vette stay with you?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
For LS Sith Warrior, Why does Vette stay with you?

jedi-katarn
11.02.2012 , 03:42 PM | #1
Seriously, once you take the shock collar off in the beginning, but before she starts to like you, why doesn't she just leave? She hates the empire and slavery.

Shlumper
11.02.2012 , 03:53 PM | #2
She has no where to go and no way to get there?

Z-ToXiN
11.02.2012 , 04:00 PM | #3
You become friends and go an adventures and she grows to be fond of you and likes the lifestyle. She doesn't have anywhere else to go and she holds out in hope of finding information about her family in her journeys with you.
ADRAAJ
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ POWeRTeCH◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // #GearRequirementForSolos

Laris_Rai
11.02.2012 , 06:43 PM | #4
When you free her you flat out tell Vette you'd like her to think of you as her "partner." Considering that most aliens are slaves in the Empire that's a good deal. She's under your protection. "My friend the Sith. No one is going to pick on me at school."
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

Phyreblade
11.02.2012 , 11:13 PM | #5
My DS warrior took off her collar, mostly because her being DS doesn't neccessarily equate to being bat-crap crazy into torture and mayhem. Then she told Vette, quite seriously, that removing the collar didn't mean she was free. So Vette stuck with her, mostly because she had nowhere to go without being dragged back and re-collared, there on the friggin' Imperial Fleet and then Dromund Kaas.

But ultimately Vette became pretty decent friends with my warrior, even admired her. Read above, about the not being bat-crap crazy into torture and mayhem bit. Being dark side doesn't mean you're absolutely nasty cruel and terrible mean, even. You just kill the people who need to be killed, after all.
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel, Sawbones Scoundrel on the Shadowlands Server

RendValor
11.02.2012 , 11:29 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyreblade View Post
My DS warrior took off her collar, mostly because her being DS doesn't neccessarily equate to being bat-crap crazy into torture and mayhem. Then she told Vette, quite seriously, that removing the collar didn't mean she was free. So Vette stuck with her, mostly because she had nowhere to go without being dragged back and re-collared, there on the friggin' Imperial Fleet and then Dromund Kaas.

But ultimately Vette became pretty decent friends with my warrior, even admired her. Read above, about the not being bat-crap crazy into torture and mayhem bit. Being dark side doesn't mean you're absolutely nasty cruel and terrible mean, even. You just kill the people who need to be killed, after all.
You really like saying bat-crap, don't you.
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

Phyreblade
11.03.2012 , 12:07 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RendValor View Post
You really like saying bat-crap, don't you.
Never said it before this one post, actually. And then I said it twice, yes. Not sure that saying it twice would neccessarily equal a true liking, mind you.

Especially since that wasn't even the actual word in my head when I was posting.

AlexDougherty
11.03.2012 , 05:22 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyreblade View Post
Being dark side doesn't mean you're absolutely nasty cruel and terrible mean, even. You just kill the people who need to be killed, after all.
Not sure I agree, Dark siders might temper their sadism with pragmatism, but under it all they want to rip to shreds whatever offends them. They just understand that if they destroy everything, they'll have no allies, no resources, and not much chance of achieving their aims.

Also not sure they would leave a Light side Sith alone, the majority are Dark siders who view the Light side as either weakness or treason, which makes a Light side Sith story dubious.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

lokdron
11.03.2012 , 05:32 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Not sure I agree, Dark siders might temper their sadism with pragmatism, but under it all they want to rip to shreds whatever offends them. They just understand that if they destroy everything, they'll have no allies, no resources, and not much chance of achieving their aims.

Also not sure they would leave a Light side Sith alone, the majority are Dark siders who view the Light side as either weakness or treason, which makes a Light side Sith story dubious.
Yup i agree completely the only reason why my DS sith warrior took off vette collar is that she would be more useful as a servant than a slave and the fact that she trolls quinn which my sith warrior finds humorous.

When I took it off I told her plain as day that she is to remain with me and help me achieve my goals and not to give me a reason to slap the collar back on.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Phyreblade
11.03.2012 , 01:18 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post

My DS warrior doesn't view the destruction of the weak as a cruelty, nor is she overtly mean as she goes about destroying them. She sees no reason or purpose for that, anyway. To her, she's merely doing what needs to be done, like taking out the trash, perhaps.

Would I call her a nice lady I'd like to hang out with, ever? Heck no. But to say that to be DS she must be a twisted, nasty, obscenely cruel and insanely mean psychopathic witch would, likewise, be untrue. Define your character as you choose, mind you. But my characters act according to their own moral codes, their definitions of what constitutes right and wrong, though. I try to approach every situation in the game more like that, than to follow some strict definition of "being bad means I pick the red button".