Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Irrissa
11.02.2012 , 08:07 PM | #2021

Prompt: Loneliness

This story goes with Lost Chance (Bad Timing prompt)

Character Irrissa (though she is never mentioned by name ) Imperial Agent. Some small spoilers.

Taking a Chance

Spoiler

@ Tatile Awww so sweet. I just love reading about them.

@ iamthethoyden Crae is so creepy, glad she is so careful

@ Fino. <3 Ald.

@ Bright, just wow. from one end of the spectrum to the other.

@ Magdalene I just love Mirah and Corso stories.
*Rissa (55 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (55 Sage)* Aubrei (55 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)

bright_ephemera
11.02.2012 , 08:58 PM | #2022
@Magdalane Aw. A call at the right time is the best thing ever.

@Irrissa Noooo, Chance...and a very sympathetic Agent

Now, may as well dump the rest of this. Some kind of Solitude as witnessed by Vierce. Spoilers for Trooper Tatooine. 1600 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

LogicLoup
11.02.2012 , 10:24 PM | #2023
Back to something short(-ish). Maneera Sindri, spoiler free.

A Gram is Better (loneliness)
Spoiler

Spoiler

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

Serris_Kell
11.03.2012 , 02:58 AM | #2024
Bright: I am loving Vierce.

The reasoning behind Havoc's treason is somehow more infuriating than the treason itself. They're special forces. Once a soldier puts that patch on his uniform, he immediately gets put on the "disavowed" list. It's the nature of the whole military branch. They get the toughest, most impossible missions because the brass know they can pull it off...even if it ends up being a suicide mission. With my Troopers I've really, really wanted the ability to completely tear loose on Fuse and the one you capture on Coruscant, asking what makes them think they're so special compared to every other soldier in the Republic.
"Fear is a lie. Passion is a lie. Fears gives temporary powers, and passion is easily manipulated. Real strength in the Force comes when one is no longer afraid."
―Kel'eth Ur

Tatile
11.03.2012 , 09:14 AM | #2025
Bright, Vierce is very principled, it's nice. I think it's somewhat unfortunate that this game is limited in the way companions can react to your decisions, but it does mean we can have room to write.

LogicLoup: Soma holiday!

-

Loneliness
Youngling Broan and Master Istier

Spoiler

Loneliness
Rochester

Spoiler

iamthehoyden
11.03.2012 , 10:43 AM | #2026
Bright - I like how that went. And (trooper ch 1 spoiler):
Spoiler

LogicLoup - Poor poor Maneera

Tatile - That short with Rochester hurts, my nose is stinging.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Striges
11.03.2012 , 12:42 PM | #2027
@ Irrissa: Nice follow-up. Even when she finds someone, it doesn't matter. She's still alone.

@ LogicLoup: Sad that in Maneera's desire to be independent of the Jedi, she's a slave to people and things far worse.

@ Tatile: Both shorts hurt. The first for Istier's callous disregard of Broan's talent and creativity in pursuit of the goal of detachment. And Rochester, the last line. Heartbreaking.

@ Bright: Fuse to me always felt like the Trooper's Sanju Pyne, in that he's just too nice to be in the position he's in. How the heck he made it into Havoc Squad is beyond me. On the one hand, you feel bad for him, like the kid who falls in with a bad crowd. On the other hand, you can't help but want to slap him for being such an idiot.

LogicLoup
11.03.2012 , 06:40 PM | #2028
Skipping ahead in the timeline to give Maneera something light and happy. Spoilers for an early-ish Corso quest, chapter 1 JK and JC titles, ending JK and JC accomplishments.

The Way to Their Hearts (food)
Spoiler

Spoiler

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

Tatile
11.03.2012 , 06:52 PM | #2029
Nothing like bonding over food

Striges
11.03.2012 , 07:52 PM | #2030
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicLoup View Post
Skipping ahead in the timeline to give Maneera something light and happy. Spoilers for an early-ish Corso quest, chapter 1 JK and JC titles, ending JK and JC accomplishments.

The Way to Their Hearts (food)
Spoiler
So glad to see Maneera get some happiness. I LOVE this line, it is so Akaavi. Also:
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicLoup View Post
Kneading dough was always a good outlet for frustration.
Yes, yes it is.